LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Let me challenge you

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by littleken:
Originally posted by teylo31:
McDaniels

How has he done when he is not under Bill Belicheck. He failed in Denver and St Louis.

Now he is still young so he might be better now, but I think it is risky at this point to pick him.

Pete Carroll also had a go round once before in the nfl as a HC and I think this time around he is doing pretty well

What McDaniels benefits from in NE is Belicheck and his defense which he did not have the luxury of in DEN or STL. He will thrive here

Look what kind of production he gets out of his WRs and RBs. I think ours are better. I know Brady has a lot to do with that but so does the system. Imagine what McDaniels could do with Ellington heck even Mcdonald
[ Edited by teylo31 on Dec 14, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]
Harbaugh had a good run but it seems it's a mutual situation with management and coach that they part ways. I don't think the team will go with a first time coach with a roster that when healthy will contend. I would go for stability, Holmgren or Mile Shanahan, both from the Bill Walsh school and offensive minded.
I personally would love them to bring in a Pep Hamilton. He did great job with his WR in Indy when Wayne went down and has a great track record with developing QB's.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Fantasy
HC Belichek
DC Bowles, Fangio, or Rex
OC does it matter Belicek is HC.

Reality:
HC Tomsula
Normally HC have a list of guys to bring in Tomsula was in Europe and than the 49ers I doubt his list is that impressive or extensive.
If Sean Payton becomes available that's about all I'd take over Harbaugh assuming Harbaugh lets go of the o staff or at least solari and roman and gets a passing oc in here and lets him do his thing. That's assuming the d staff stays he same. Now if he doesnt want to let go of any of the o staff then I start throwing up other names on the list.

Let's not act like Pete's the best coach ever either. Without Lynch and Wilson scrambling in the pocket pulling plays out of his butt like a magician they would be a 7 to 9 win team. Sure Sherman and the D are great too but that team goes with Lynch and then Wilson making plays out of nothing. Before wilson came along in 2012 pete's nfl record was 41-39 with 3 different teams.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If Sean Payton becomes available that's about all I'd take over Harbaugh assuming Harbaugh lets go of the o staff or at least solari and roman and gets a passing oc in here and lets him do his thing. That's assuming the d staff stays he same. Now if he doesnt want to let go of any of the o staff then I start throwing up other names on the list.

Let's not act like Pete's the best coach ever either. Without Lynch and Wilson scrambling in the pocket pulling plays out of his butt like a magician they would be a 7 to 9 win team. Sure Sherman and the D are great too but that team goes with Lynch and then Wilson making plays out of nothing. Before wilson came along in 2012 pete's nfl record was 41-39 with 3 different teams.

Was that for me
Pete Carroll also had a go round once before in the nfl as a HC and I think this time around he is doing pretty well

What McDaniels benefits from in NE is Belicheck and his defense which he did not have the luxury of in DEN or STL. He will thrive here

Look what kind of production he gets out of his WRs and RBs. I think ours are better. I know Brady has a lot to do with that but so does the system. Imagine what McDaniels could do with Ellington heck even Mcdonald

1)pete carroll is a defensive coach
2)2 out of 4 years he was the head coach the 'first time' around (well actually 'second time' around Id say :)), his team made the playoffs.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
JON GRUDEN, PARCELLS, SEAN PAYTON, HOLMGREN, DARYL BEVELL, ADAM GASE

1) Hell no.
2) Too old. Would we even throw the ball?
3) Too old and out of the game for many years. I would not mind seeing him as a consultant.
4) Bevell gets a lot of flack. Im half and half on him. He uses his personnel in Seattle effectively, but I really don't know if he can do more. I certainly haven't seen more out of him. That could be based on the limitations of the offensive personnel.

Sean Payton would be the ideal candidate. He would run the offense and let Fangio handle the defense. Problem solved.

Bevell gets a Flack for not running the ball, that's why Marshawn Lynch gave him the middle finger lol... Isn't that why a lot of us 49ers fans are pissed at roman for? Why would we want another one of those type of coach and when he does run, that's all Lynch.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

1)pete carroll is a defensive coach
2)2 out of 4 years he was the head coach the 'first time' around (well actually 'second time' around Id say :)), his team made the playoffs.
What is your point. I'm not being a d!@k I'm just curious because the reason I brought up Carroll was because it was in regards to McDaniels having failed in DEN and STL and although Carroll made the playoffs he was still fired and barely over .500

Dang. I forgot all about Carroll with the Jets
[ Edited by teylo31 on Dec 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
JON GRUDEN, PARCELLS, SEAN PAYTON, HOLMGREN, DARYL BEVELL, ADAM GASE

1) Hell no.
2) Too old. Would we even throw the ball?
3) Too old and out of the game for many years. I would not mind seeing him as a consultant.
4) Bevell gets a lot of flack. Im half and half on him. He uses his personnel in Seattle effectively, but I really don't know if he can do more. I certainly haven't seen more out of him. That could be based on the limitations of the offensive personnel.

Sean Payton would be the ideal candidate. He would run the offense and let Fangio handle the defense. Problem solved.

Only Parcells and Holmgren are old, Gruden is only 51 I think.

You talk about age, but just have a look at Cards' coaching staff, a good few of them are old, Tom Pratt is 79 I believe. Bruce Arians is no spring chicken neither. Well, they seem to be doing alright. Or you look at the Seahawks, Pete Carroll is the 2nd oldest head coach in the league after Coughlin right ?

Sure, Sean Payton is supposed to be good, but even if you discount their D which is in shambles right now, what has been going wrong with the Saints' offense ? They don't seem to have an idea why they can't get it done anymore. Think about it, their roster is no scrubs neither, Brees, Graham, Colston, Cooks, you name it. So, in that sense, I am not too confident about Payton.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Without Lynch and Wilson scrambling in the pocket pulling plays out of his butt like a magician they would be a 7 to 9 win team. Sure Sherman and the D are great too but that team goes with Lynch and then Wilson making plays out of nothing. Before wilson came along in 2012 pete's nfl record was 41-39 with 3 different teams.

Spot on, and I assumed this was common knowledge. It's disturbing, shocking to read Bevell's name get mentioned in this thread
I'd like to get a new OC and keep Harbaugh. With our personnel I think Norv Turner would be an ideal fit.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
what about Phil Jackson and his triangle offense.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Bruce Arians
Chip Kelly (under contract)
Mark Helfrich (College)
RichRod (College)
Shaw (College)
The OC's listed in the prior forum (not listing them out)
Fisher (under contract)

Hell, Half the HC's in the NFL.

I can go further if you would like. My list is based on HaRoman. Yank Roman from the equation and I'll revise.
Share 49ersWebzone