There are 211 users in the forums

Keep Harbaugh!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
STAYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHAT THE f**kKKKK
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You really enjoyed the glory years of Nolan, Erickson, and Singletary. Harbaugh and Reid are miles better than those tools.

You think it's easy to win in this league? Harbaugh is a winner.

If he doesn't want to be hear what can you do?
Keep Harbaugh. I mean you know he can coach and let's work on the personal stuff.
Originally posted by father49er:
In the 4 seasons he's been with the 49ers, he's led 49ers to 3 consecutive NFC Championship games, and 1 Super Bowl.

Thanks for providing those facts. I'm sure none of us knew that before clicking on this thread.

The problem with keeping Harbaugh is everybody knows he doesn't want to be here anymore. On top of that, he has been unwilling to make the proper changes necessary for this good of the team (firing Roman OR forcing him to change his practices/playcalling). If he is not going to do what's best for the team, he should not coach here or anywhere else.
Hopefully the team can trade him to the bucs for 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders. That worked out real well and is still going great for that other Bay Area team! NOT!
I love harbaugh. The us vs everyone mentality, the competitiveness. Just dump Roman and attempt to fix kap.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We all know coaching tells a lot... Fangio is probably the best example this year (of all 32 teams) with all he's done with missing pieces.

Just look at Cowboys. Everyone said they would totally suck because of key departures on defense and no name / no talent... they send Ryan's sloppy ass to New Orleans and get a better DC. Dallas defense >>> Saints defense.

I can't say it's a fluke year and just give Harbaugh a pass. There really isn't a very good excuse. The Oline is piss poor, but they still have Staley/Iupati/Boone and Looney is not bad at all. It takes very good coaching to get over those hurdles. Other teams are winning with less talent and will probably be in the playoffs.

Harbaugh is the real deal, but he totally screwed up this year. It's more on the coaching than the players. Coaches (offense) just didn't really know how to help their struggling oline / QB. There are teams doing it with less. Is it time for the divorce? Maybe / maybe not...

I won't snivel one way or the other. I just hope the results take us to the SB and we win out this time!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I personally think Jim Harbaugh is a great Head Coach. Not a great offensive mind like some said, and certainly not a QB guru...but he's a great leader and motivator of men. I wish he would bring in a separate OC and let him run things. Not likely but I can wish...
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
what if he doesnt want to stay? ever given that some serious thought? IMO both parties want to separate

It didnt help that the media plastered it all over the place
If Harbs has to go, I like the idea of Darrell Bevell. I'm not sure what kind of leader he would be but who could know our worst enemy better?? That along w/ getting our injured back next year and we could make a run

Originally posted by mandy49er:
Hopefully the team can trade him to the bucs for 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders. That worked out real well and is still going great for that other Bay Area team! NOT!

Tampa Bay still hasn't won a playoff game since that Superbowl. Chucky came in, bounced the GM that built the team from the ground up, brought him in his guy Allen and together they took that team apart and left it completely decimated by the time they were on their way out.
Originally posted by LenCat:
If Harbs has to go, I like the idea of Darrell Bevell. I'm not sure what kind of leader he would be but who could know our worst enemy better?? That along w/ getting our injured back next year and we could make a run

Screw that. Bevell is almost as bad as Roman. His entire offense is Lynch running roughshod and Wilson pulling plays out of his ass, that's it.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LenCat:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You really enjoyed the glory years of Nolan, Erickson, and Singletary. Harbaugh and Reid are miles better than those tools.

You think it's easy to win in this league? Harbaugh is a winner.

If he doesn't want to be hear what can you do?
None of us know if he wants to stay either. We wont know until the offseason. If niners do part with harbs, that should happen once the playoffs start.
Originally posted by LVJay:
We all know coaching tells a lot... Fangio is probably the best example this year (of all 32 teams) with all he's done with missing pieces.

Just look at Cowboys. Everyone said they would totally suck because of key departures on defense and no name / no talent... they send Ryan's sloppy ass to New Orleans and get a better DC. Dallas defense >>> Saints defense.

I can't say it's a fluke year and just give Harbaugh a pass. There really isn't a very good excuse. The Oline is piss poor, but they still have Staley/Iupati/Boone and Looney is not bad at all. It takes very good coaching to get over those hurdles. Other teams are winning with less talent and will probably be in the playoffs.

Harbaugh is the real deal, but he totally screwed up this year. It's more on the coaching than the players. Coaches (offense) just didn't really know how to help their struggling oline / QB. There are teams doing it with less. Is it time for the divorce? Maybe / maybe not...

I won't snivel one way or the other. I just hope the results take us to the SB and we win out this time!

The Cardinals have been injury wrecked as well............they keep winning. They needed a RB, they brought in a guy off the street and now he's racking up 100 yard games rushing for them. Coaching is everything and on offense this team falls short.
Originally posted by LVJay:

"With the 11th pick in the 2010 Nfl draft, the 49ers select Earl Thomas, safety from the U of Texas."
Damn I hate when I wake up from this drem!
Share 49ersWebzone