LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

About that roughing the passer call.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by nj9er:
Eric Reid hit call was garbage to.

EWrighteous21 (former SF CB)

Maaaaann @nfl get entirely the f**k up outta here with this bull!!! If that receiver curl up like a lil bxxxh then what u want the DB to do? Oh I know.. Dont hit him at all huh?!! Let him catch it and keep running!! Score a TD! Offense sells tickets! #MultiBillionDollarBusiness

Seriously, I'd actually enjoy it if a couple of DB's/DE's took it upon themselves to openly mock the NFL by passing up obvious hits by throwing their hands up and whiffing just as they zero in on a big hit or sack. I'm sure it would do nothing to sway decision makers, but it would be funny to watch. They'd probably get flagged for taunting the refs.

HANDS UP, DON'T FLAG
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Maaaaann @nfl get entirely the f**k up outta here with this bull!!! If that receiver curl up like a lil bxxxh then what u want the DB to do? Oh I know.. Dont hit him at all huh?!! Let him catch it and keep running!! Score a TD! Offense sells tickets! #MultiBillionDollarBusiness

Seriously, I'd actually enjoy it if a couple of DB's/DE's took it upon themselves to openly mock the NFL by passing up obvious hits by throwing their hands up and whiffing just as they zero in on a big hit or sack. I'm sure it would do nothing to sway decision makers, but it would be funny to watch. They'd probably get flagged for taunting the refs.

HANDS UP, DON'T FLAG

lol
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He retired because of NFL rules lol

On another note I'm surprised he watches football at all. I mean he walked away from the game and said his heart wasn't in it anymore so I find it interesting that he's watching games and commenting on them
Yeah to me it wasn't just the call on Moody. It was the two calls against Reid also. Those were both awful calls and led to a drive resulting in points which should have resulted in a punt.
Originally posted by teylo31:
On another note I'm surprised he watches football at all. I mean he walked away from the game and said his heart wasn't in it anymore so I find it interesting that he's watching games and commenting on them

He grew up a Niner fan. Once a Niner fan always a Niner fan
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He retired because of NFL rules lol

He still likes football, just not playing it.

Its like me, i love the game. Would i go out on a Saturday and play? Probably not, because my body would be s**t after.

But i still watch.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Great! They admitted it was the wrong call. Yipeeee. We still lose the game and are eliminated from the playoffs.

So f**k you Ed Hochuli, but most importantly, f**k you NFL. Your b******t rules created this mess. Fix the rule and refs won't be put in this position to blow a call.

I'm sick and tired of this crap. EVERY year a blown call has severely impacted our season, if not ended it.

2011 NFCCG -- No Bradshaw fumble
2012 Super Bowl -- The entire f**king game
2013 season -- Brooks hit on Brees costs us home field, no call in NFCCG on clear roughing the punter.
2014 season -- AZ and this SEA game

This is unnacceptable. To be clear, the 49ers have a part in this mess. They've played like s**t and ultimately that's what tanked the season. But the history of blown calls against us that have ended our seasons is disturbing. Enough is enough.

lol, you really blaming the loss on that call?

Momentum is everything in this game.
A penalty can blow the air out of a team really quickly and can ripple a sequence of poor playing performances and sets.

The fans also got back in it because it was 3 and long converted into a first down. This game seems paid off and from Petes' track record,it's suspect.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
A penalty can blow the air out of a team really quickly and can ripple a sequence of poor playing performances and sets.

The fans also got back in it because it was 3 and long converted into a first down. This game seems paid off and from Petes' track record,it's suspect.

You know what would have negated this loss for the Niners and carried momentum. Winning at home against the Hawks in Levis, beating a 1 win Raiders team on the road when the Niners are a good road team. I don't think there was any issue about the ref calls in those two games. Honestly I think the loss for the Niners came to two more important factors:

1) Injuries - Before anyone points to "Cheattle Injury Hawks" Hyde's was a freak injury, Gore knocked himself out, I didn't see what happened to Borland but it looked like it came from RW and I doubt RW is a head hunter.
2) Seahawks making adjustments and Niners not making adjustments (i.e. the 4th down play call, not giving better protection for CK).

Extra Credit
3) Not scoring on that crucial pick to end the first half going up by 11, Reid had 3 blockers in front of him and he let "midget" Wilson slow him down?
Originally posted by Fanofthegame:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I can't stand Florio, but I didn't read that article that way. To me, it looked as if they posted it just as a matter of fact, with no opinion one way or another.

With that being said, if the tables were turned, and that had gone against Seattle; we would never hear the end of how the Seahawks were robbed.

You do realize that even the majority of Seahawk fans are saying how it was a stupid call?

Yes. I was talking about Florio.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Yeah to me it wasn't just the call on Moody. It was the two calls against Reid also. Those were both awful calls and led to a drive resulting in points which should have resulted in a punt.

that out of bounds call is getting called most of the time. the only instance it wouldnt get called is when its minimal contact. reid put some hot sauce on it and got flagged. i'd want that call if it were crab or boldin.

Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

You know what would have negated this loss for the Niners and carried momentum. Winning at home against the Hawks in Levis, beating a 1 win Raiders team on the road when the Niners are a good road team. I don't think there was any issue about the ref calls in those two games. Honestly I think the loss for the Niners came to two more important factors:

1) Injuries - Before anyone points to "Cheattle Injury Hawks" Hyde's was a freak injury, Gore knocked himself out, I didn't see what happened to Borland but it looked like it came from RW and I doubt RW is a head hunter.
2) Seahawks making adjustments and Niners not making adjustments (i.e. the 4th down play call, not giving better protection for CK).

Extra Credit
3) Not scoring on that crucial pick to end the first half going up by 11, Reid had 3 blockers in front of him and he let "midget" Wilson slow him down?

You're right about all those things. To be honest, it was a stretch to see the Niners even close in this game. With that said, you can't deny that the officiating played a big factor in this game. Both the hit on Richardson, where he lowered his head; and the call on Wilson were both on third down. The defense was about to get off the field, and Seattle was handed 15 yards and a new set of downs. Both lead directly to scores.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

that out of bounds call is getting called most of the time. the only instance it wouldnt get called is when its minimal contact. reid put some hot sauce on it and got flagged. i'd want that call if it were crab or boldin.

Yep, that is a penalty all day.
Share 49ersWebzone