LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Everyone wants to talk about Harbaugh and a toxic locker room?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Heres the real reason our season is over:

Injuries. Better teams would do worse with as many injuries as we have. You can believe the "Toxic" b******t all you want, but Willis and Bowman dont let Lynch run like that on us. In fact Borland doesnt either. Gore and Hyde both out early enough. O-Line is all beat up. Deep balls? I dont even remember who our CBs are.

The 49ers didnt lose this season, because the 49ers are on IR and inactive. Some practice squad nobodies and backups lost us this season. I feel confident that Harbaugh will be right here next year. We probably wont have Roman, but im fine with that.
Willis and Bowman do let Lynch run on us, lynch has killed us for years. That being say yeah we are so thin at te, lb, cb, rb right now... this is the most injuries i have seen on a 9ers team since i can remember in 20 years plus of watching them. can anyone name a team with more injuries for 1 season? started with culliver and Aldon this offseason, then mcdonald putting himself in a bad situation, of course the media killed us from baalke/harbaugh speculation during the offseason and then on every game day of the year with harbaugh rumors.

so yeah roman, the oline, o staff have been horrible. kap not much better but the injuries and aldon suspension really doomed us this year.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Except the problem is on offense, where there have been very few long term injuries prior to today.
[ Edited by Disp on Dec 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Except the problem is on offense, where there have been very few injuries prior to today.

Have you payed attention to this O-Line? Very few injuries? lmao if you didnt have 2k posts i might have thought you were trolling
injuries dont fix the O unless you think kendall hunter, kilgore and davis put this O over the top. bottom line is we dont score points and you cant win many games. the defense has been killed this season by injuries and still held up their end of the bargain
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:
Except the problem is on offense, where there have been very few injuries prior to today.

Have you payed attention to this O-Line? Very few injuries? lmao if you didnt have 2k posts i might have thought you were trolling

So a center starting for the first time in his career, and our worst starting lineman (Davis) being injured are to blame?
Kilgore out 2/3 of the year really hurt us he was our best ol at the time. Davis being out almost the entire season didnt make things any better. Kendall Hunter could have helped as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM ]

Injuries. Better teams would do worse with as many injuries as we have. You can believe the "Toxic" b******t all you want, but Willis and Bowman dont let Lynch run like that on us. In fact Borland doesnt either. Gore and Hyde both out early enough. O-Line is all beat up. Deep balls? I dont even remember who our CBs are.

The 49ers didnt lose this season, because the 49ers are on IR and inactive. Some practice squad nobodies and backups lost us this season. I feel confident that Harbaugh will be right here next year. We probably wont have Roman, but im fine with that.

LOL, did you just become a fan this season. Lynch has repeatedly gashed this team, today is nothing new.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL, did you just become a fan this season. Lynch has repeatedly gashed this team, today is nothing new.

theres being a homer and then theres not even living in reality. that poster is the latter.

You're spot on except for this: Harbaugh doesn't want to work for the 9ers anymore. And that's why you won't see him back.

Originally posted by judodono:
You're spot on except for this: Harbaugh doesn't want to work for the 9ers anymore. And that's why you won't see him back.

He served his purpose now he can GTFOH
  • THEB
  • Veteran
So a center starting for the first time in his career, and our worst starting lineman (Davis) being injured are to blame?

Yes. it all starts with the line. They are the ones who allow the play to unfold. no blocking or pass rush directly lead to offensive collapse. Kaep has been terrible this year, but when you cant trust your offensive line to protect you, thats exactly what happens. EVERY team will collapse without an O-line
Injuries definitely played a huge part of this season. The defense shouldn't have played top three given the amount of change along the LB and secondary, but it did. Fangio did an amazing job holding the defense together.

The biggest frustration is with the offense. The injuries have been limited to the right tackle, center, and backup te's. By all accounts the offense should have been top-10, but it's been a big disappointment, a huge disappointment. That one is coaching. It could be that once things start to get bad GM and owner start to give opinion on how the offense should be run making things worse. Hard to say.

Oh, also Ellington sucks.
We lost because we have a bottom tier QB and OC. There clearly was a rift geowing between Harbaugh and management we cant deny that. Clearly its affected everything.
even if they werent going to fire him, this story will follow us damn near every week and especially when we lose a game or two in a row it will pop back up. better to cut ties. unfortunately the media is responsible for destroying the relationship with harbaugh. they dont like him so their agenda has been to get rid of him and its working.
Share 49ersWebzone