There are 269 users in the forums

What changes would you make?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
To all of those saying get id of kaep and find a pocket passer......

Kaepernick is the same dude that tore it up in the playoffs and has lit it up at times through the course of his 2 1/2ish years.

Whats changed? Lack of time for him to throw and the play calling themselves.

We need to get back to our base personnel and running the ball and utilizing the playaction. Quite with the whole 4-5 wide no RB BS.... We don't run screen passes or slant passes. Vernon Davis is done.

So what would I do? Well, i've been thinking about this for some time and never brought it up.... Completely outside the box....

I would...

Fire Harbaugh and Roman for starters.

Hire Fangio as Defensive head coach. DHC (paying him Head coach like money) Just be in charge of the defense.
Go hard after an OHC. A guy just in charge of the offense (paying him Head coach like money)

candidates would include Sumlin, Gruden, Josh Mcdaniels etc......

Why would you have 2 guys in charge of just their perspective side? "It will never work"

Well for starters it may or may not work. Until it's tried we'll never know.

The pros (in my opinion)

1. Each coach is hired because they are good on their side of the ball and that's what management is looking for at the time. HOWEVER, once they are head coaches they are taken away from their side of it and now have to manage the whole team. Thus leaving it in the hands of the other guys and no longer have their whole hand on what it is they are good at.

2. If you do have to make changes down the road you may only have to make half the changes instead of A: missing up the best part of your team by firing ALL coaches so the next guy can bring in his buddy. B. Forcing the new guy to keep your guy or run your system that he doesnt know how or want to run.

The Cons

1. Who gets the final say?

2. would the locker room be divided?

I think if the two Coaches worked together and communicated there would be no cons. They can come together with the game management stuff and the 53 man roster and what not.

Anyway, that's what i would TRY to do. Whether or not coaches accepted such roles I dont know.
-Bring back HArbaugh
-fire entire offensive staff - it still amazes me that they kept anyone from nolan/sing eras
-get healthy
-Draft for offense, QB, RB, and WR, maybe even a TE
I'd love him to stay, however, if he is unwilling and unable to see that the reason we dont have 8 Superbowls right now is that his offense is OFFENSIVE then he must go. Keep Fangio, get BO and Willis healthy and keep Aldon out of trouble, Sign Frank to back up Hyde next year, and sprinkle in some Hunter at tailback, let Crab go and draft a speedy wideout or two, plug in the Clemson kid at guard and swap Boone and Davis,let Iupati go , Get Brock and Dorsey healthy, sign an offensive tactician for a head coach who will use SOME not all elements of Pistol and read option, Give Vernon one more chance for redemption,incorporate V. Mcdonald into passing game, more screens and west coast staples,Keep Kap outta weight room and in FILM ROOM every damn day and BAM, we are back in Super Bowl 50 at Levi's in 2016.
The talent is there, make it happen Trent and Jed.
-Create Hype and false news that teams are lining up offers for Harbaugh. THis gets a team to trade for him (giving us at least a 3rd round pick in return) vs letting him walk.
-Either promote Fangio or Tomsula or hire a young head coach from college. preferrably offensive minded.
-Let go of Vernon, Crabtree, Lloyd, Iupati (assuming high price tag), Gore, Gabbert, Brooks, Cowboy (assume retires).
-any FA money goes to offensive/defensive lines only
-Draft CB's and WRs and TE AND a solid back up QB who may have to come in sooner than we think.
- Keep Aldon Smith in a bubble somewhere on a remote island so he cant get into trouble and the news wont care who he is.
- Ensure Kaep spends more time studying defenses rather than at the Tattoo shop
- Figure out whether Ellington and Patton are legit options at WR. If not, move up the need for WR in the draft.
-PLay madden to ensure we run some plays other teams are not expecting every once in awhile.
- Practice with a play clock 5 seconds faster then the game, thus (hopefully) eliminating the delay of game penalties.
Honestly i think Harbaugh should stay and replace Roman with Holmgren. We would finally run a legit west coast offense and keep that spark that harbaugh gives the 49ers.

I think our O line needs some considerable changes, mainly at the G positions. Boone and Iupati out, B.Thomas and MArcus Martin in.

I think we also need to draft a lineman high in the first 2 rounds to give some more competition and young blood to the line.

We also need to finally get Kaep that speedy high 4.2 low 4.3 40 receiver (TY Hilton mold).

Let go of Ahmad Brooks, he is bringing negativity to the team and cost way too much to keep. Sign a good veteran to replace him.

Draft a speedy 3rd down Rb in the later rounds as insurance for the injury prone yet stellar Hunter.

Finally get a return man. A proven veteran would be nice
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think we need a complete rebuild/wholesale.

This team hasn't been gutted since 2005, we've been pretty much recycling everything Nolan/McCloughan brought in since, ie our offense revolving around Gore (who is now on his way out of the NFL.

No matter who the next coach is, they need to draft a QB in the 1st round. Yeah this is all overreaction talk, but it needs to happen, at least the 'rebuild' part. It's gonna be rough, but it needs to happen.

Only if there is talent worth going for in first round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
1. Re-org the offensive line -- we need to upgrade this piece of s**t so we can actually have a running & passing game.
2. Reinforce the defensive line -- maybe we need to bring in a stud defensive tackle/end to challenge RayMac or maybe even replace a possibly departing Justin Smith.
3. We definitely need an upgrade at backup ILB -- we need someone who can more suitably replace Willis or Bowman if needed. Trust me if yours truly had the call I would have traded up to select CJ Mosley when he dropped as he did in this past draft.
4. Give CK another off season to work on his QB pocket play. He needs to work extensively with all of his backs, ends, and receivers.
5. Speaking of receivers -- we need to bring in a big, agile, and fast TE who's smart, can pass and run block, and can just simply make moves to get open and catch the damn ball with a huge radius.
6. We're going to need to replace Crabtree, SJ, and possibly Vernon Davis. Replace them with:
A. A TE described in #5 above
B. A speed demon WR in the mold of a TY Hilton or Odell Beckham
C. An all around receiver (speed/jumping) in the mold of an AJ Green, Andre Johnson, Megatron

Mr. Bishop asks, "Are you still laughing now???"
1st and foremost FIX the Offensive line.
2. Fix the Running Game. Not sold on Carlos Hyde being the starter. Need a stud running back.
3. Coaching philosophy that is similar to Seattle's philosophy. Physical, but also smart. The niners are physical, but they're not smart. Seahawks don't just out physical the Niners, but also outsmart the Niners in facet of the game. Sherman isn't just a trash talker, he's smart, very smart.
4. Oh yeah, since Cowboy is gonna retire soon,and you've just cut Mcdonald, time to switch to a 4-3.
5. Forgot, A number one go to playmaking wide receiver.
[ Edited by goldlame2013 on Dec 18, 2014 at 7:51 AM ]
My move ?
Quite simple...
1- trade or fire JH right after season's end
2- offer job to Kubiak if he comes up with a plan and quality O coaches with him AND if he accepts to keep fangio as DC. I'd like him to keep Rathman but wouldn't make it an obligation (and i think he will do all of that).
3- evaluate roster with HC, make moves to help salary cap, resign soon to be FA's
4- evaluate scouting team for last 5 years job and make moves accordingly
4- prepare the draft with new HC focusing on DL, OL, LB, TE
5- fill roster with affordable FA's

Roster moves ? I dont have the cap expertise to say anything about this but when i look at big salaries and lack of production as criterias here's who's on my list :
Vernon Davis
Stevie Johnson

Theres probably more to do but i'd start with that ...
My curiosity is if Harbaugh wants to stay and agrees the offense is s**t, then what?

Will another NFL team easily accept Harbaugh and Roman no matter what? Lets be honest the offense sucked this year, never really progressed much under Harbaugh. Kap is OK at best. In the end Jim has to look in the mirror on that. He strikes me as that type of person. I still think the Niners would be crazy to get rid of him. We are headed for the s**tter.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I still think the Niners would be crazy to get rid of him. We are headed for the s**tter.

This is exactly what Stanford fans thought before Jim left.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol, this. Roman goes potato, Kaepernick regresses, Harbaugh pisses everyone off and somehow the ownership is getting the blame......

the problem with this world is social media keep your mouth shut and your fingers crossed this way no tweets.Twitter and facebook are the 2 worst things every invented in this world.
Share 49ersWebzone