There are 173 users in the forums

JEFF KAPLAN Speaks the truth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yeah he has yet to because he's so damn stubborn. You would think his competitiveness and willingness to win would outweigh his loyalty though. After all, look at what he did with Alex Smith.

And there lies the paradox... He lets Smith go, but keeps Roman. It boggles the mind. But as always, I'll be there watching, hoping, praying, but probably to no avail.
[ Edited by vermonator on Dec 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
www.49erswebzone.com/news/77765-2-minute-drill-49erswebzonecom-writer-kaplan-discusses-49ers-season/Jeff has hit it on the head all you Harbaugh Homers need to listen to what he siad,I agree with Him 100%,Harbaugh and Roman MUST leave the 9ers have No Choice but to let them GO,they are Whats Wrong with the Offense.

quick to criticize Harbaugh for this debacle, but did you forget what he turned this time into?

do you know what this team was prior? after Mooch? or are you a new fan?

Look, im not going to pretend like I know exactly whats going on behind the scenes (like you) and start firing everybody!

maybe its this...maybe its that...maybe its dat ass....pump your brakes
I have been a 9ers fan since John Brodie and Gene Washington ,Sooo I know about the Dark 8 yrs and the Dark yrs i n the Late 70s....But Before you Crown Harbaugh King Savior,Lets see ,the team WAS loaded with talent before He got here so He and His Coaching staff did not have ANY building to do,that makes the job a whole lot easier for Harbaugh, I believe that there were other Coaches who could have done what Harbaugh done and probably better,Harbaugh just got expsoed and He don`t know how to counter (adjustments)...He has Plateaued. Now Harbaugh needs change His Offense or He will become EXTINCT.
www.49erswebzone.com/news/77765-2-minute-drill-49erswebzonecom-writer-kaplan-discusses-49ers-season/Jeff has hit it on the head all you Harbaugh Homers need to listen to what he siad,I agree with Him 100%,Harbaugh and Roman MUST leave the 9ers have No Choice but to let them GO,they are Whats Wrong with the Offense.

quick to criticize Harbaugh for this debacle, but did you forget what he turned this time into?

Look, im not going to pretend like I know exactly whats going on behind the scenes (like you) and start firing everybody!

I have been a 9ers fan since John Brodie and Gene Washington ,Sooo I know about the Dark 8 yrs and the Dark yrs i n the Late 70s....But Before you Crown Harbaugh King Savior,Lets see ,the team WAS loaded with talent before He got here so He and His Coaching staff did not have ANY building to do,that makes the job a whole lot easier for Harbaugh, I believe that there were other Coaches who could have done what Harbaugh done and probably better,Harbaugh just got expsoed and He don`t know how to counter (adjustments)...He has Plateaued. Now Harbaugh needs change His Offense or He will become EXTINCT.

Originally posted by linkboy:

The problems with the offense is a coaching problem, if you can't see that, you're blind. Jeff nailed it when he talked about the Seahawks game. There's no way on god's green earth you're going to beat Seattle by attacking Sherman outside the numbers (especially with Lloyd). Instead, that's exactly what we did, and we got our asses kicked.

you forgot to mention that the Oline is crap and harbaugh isnt playing QB

"Kap you better throw it Lloyd!!! who is being covered Sherman!!!! or else"

Like I said, Im not going to pretend ( like you too!) that I know whats going on behind the scenes. call me blind, I still wont act like I have all the answers.

when you dont realize that there are multiple things that can cause failure, you my friend are bound to fail.

At the end of the day, im not putting it all on Kap, or on Harbaugh or on the Oline or on Roman...if you dont understand that I dont know what to tell you.
I don`t mean to sound funny but, for you to keep saying that you don`t"pretend to know"whats going behind the scene,but yet you keep talking like you do,either you have an Idea of what is going on or you are just making up blanket statements

Originally posted by linkboy:

The problems with the offense is a coaching problem, if you can't see that, you're blind. Jeff nailed it when he talked about the Seahawks game. There's no way on god's green earth you're going to beat Seattle by attacking Sherman outside the numbers (especially with Lloyd). Instead, that's exactly what we did, and we got our asses kicked.

you forgot to mention that the Oline is crap and harbaugh isnt playing QB

"Kap you better throw it Lloyd!!! who is being covered Sherman!!!! or else"

Like I said, Im not going to pretend ( like you too!) that I know whats going on behind the scenes. call me blind, I still wont act like I have all the answers.

when you dont realize that there are multiple things that can cause failure, you my friend are bound to fail.

At the end of the day, im not putting it all on Kap, or on Harbaugh or on the Oline or on Roman...if you dont understand that I dont know what to tell you.
I don`t mean to sound funny but, for you to keep saying that you don`t"pretend to know"whats going behind the scene,but yet you keep talking like you do,either you have an Idea of what is going on or you are just making up blanket statements

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Anyone wanting Harbaugh to go is tripping. We immediately started winning once Harbaugh came here, after nearly a decade of s**tty ass football. And you guys want to risk going back to that?! Harbaugh can win a Superbowl with this team. Baalke, York, and Harbaugh all need to swallow their pride and negotiate on what needs to be done. Harbaugh needs to let Roman go and York and Baalke need to let Harbaugh have more freedom.

What is "more freedom"? If that means more personnel control then we are guaranteed to go back to a sh*tty decade of football.

bingo right on point ,Harbaugh picking draft picks ,uugh NO!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Anyone wanting Harbaugh to go is tripping. We immediately started winning once Harbaugh came here, after nearly a decade of s**tty ass football. And you guys want to risk going back to that?! Harbaugh can win a Superbowl with this team. Baalke, York, and Harbaugh all need to swallow their pride and negotiate on what needs to be done. Harbaugh needs to let Roman go and York and Baalke need to let Harbaugh have more freedom.

I totally agree, except that Harbaugh won't fire Roman.

Yeah he has yet to because he's so damn stubborn. You would think his competitiveness and willingness to win would outweigh his loyalty though. After all, look at what he did with Alex Smith.

What you guys need to try and understand is that the offense is failing more so because of Harbaugh, Roman is just the puppet.

If he did fire Roman, I guarantee the offense will continue to suck, because Jim will hire another puppet to run his philosophy.

lol exactly,but you can`t get some people who are Haarbaugh Homers to see this even if it hits them square in the face
Jeff Kaplan =

Well done! And spot on. Anyone who still can ONLY see CK as the issue, is just way off. Period.
I think Harbaugh brought the attitude to win, but not the gameplan. We need a coach that brings both.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I think Harbaugh brought the attitude to win, but not the gameplan. We need a coach that brings both.

Totally!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I am kind of lost who is Jeff Kaplan and why does his thoughts need its own thread?
Perception is sexy and entertaining to a national audience but reality is that Boone's holdout (upper management) and slow return to form. Same with Vernon, making noise now but nothing on the field. Who checked out and when? These guys set the stage for the season. In addition to that we had a first year center injured replaced by a first year center that is injured now. Sub par execution from left tackle. MIA starting right tackle replaced from scrap heap. Nicked up right guard wanting an extension. QB leading the league being sacked. I would say the O line may have something to do with the 49er offensive troubles.

Originally posted by Jcool:
I am kind of lost who is Jeff Kaplan and why does his thoughts need its own thread?

You really don't know? You ask this WHILE being on 49erswebzone.com? "Come on MAN!" LOL
Well it seems to me York and Baalke have Harbaugh on a leash and this is what has led to them butting heads. Just let him do his thing so that egos don't get in the way. Remind me, did we start winning once Baalke arrived or Harbaugh? Also, didn't we whiff on an entire 2012 draft? Baalke gets a lot more credit than he deserves. He did provide this team with some talent, but a lot of other guys were also responsible for bringing talented players to the team.

Once Harbaugh came though, he was the one that was able to bring all that talent together and produce wins. And yeah were guaranteed to go back to a s**tty decade of football if Harbaugh stays and has more power because everywhere he has been the teams have fallen apart and sucked right?

College is not comparable to the pros. You can recruit 85 5 star athletes if you so choose. You only get a few star NFL players.

Fangio has been the biggest reason for the turnaround. The offense isn't considerably better right now than it was in 2010 despite much more talent. We have had talented guys that aren't used correctly. So I don't want a guy who doesn't use offensive skill position guys correctly deciding what skill position guys to select with a limited amount of picks.

Baalke was GM for a whole year before Harbaugh came here so not winning previously can hardly be laid at his feet.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jcool:

You really don't know? You ask this WHILE being on 49erswebzone.com? "Come on MAN!" LOL

I ended up looking him up and saw he has written a few articles on the here, i usually don't pay much attention to the article posts, which is why i was confused on who he was. But still not sure his opinion needed its own thread. He doesn't say anything that isn't in a number of other threads.
Originally posted by Hacksaw:
Perception is sexy and entertaining to a national audience but reality is that Boone's holdout (upper management) and slow return to form. Same with Vernon, making noise now but nothing on the field. Who checked out and when? These guys set the stage for the season. In addition to that we had a first year center injured replaced by a first year center that is injured now. Sub par execution from left tackle. MIA starting right tackle replaced from scrap heap. Nicked up right guard wanting an extension. QB leading the league being sacked. I would say the O line may have something to do with the 49er offensive troubles.

OK, so you still solely believe this is a players issue.

For the games we lost this season (Chicago, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, Denver, and Oakland), how would you have attacked these teams defenses at the time, given who we had available? What do you think our strategy was against these teams?

Remember on Thanksgiving when we lined up Brandon Lloyd against Richard Sherman? Who's genius idea was that? I or any other poster could come up with more befuddling ideas/strategies this coaching staff has used this season.
Dammit, I finally heard in the media what I and others have been saying well before the Seattle game. Yeah Kaep has regressed. Yeah the line has had problems. But it's been the coaching, in particular the scheme, that has failed both the line and Kaep. I have been SCREAMING this at least since mid-season only to be by fans. Now, I cannot see JH staying, especially if we loose tomorrow. And that's a real shame because JH has the coaching talent to take this team to the SB and win. But his dogged stubbornness just won't let him take the next step.

I don't care what anyone says, this is a SB ready team with a SB ready roster that I believe can win it all next season. Hell, without the change in scheme we would have won this season. If we can bring in a HC - I don't know who - who can/is willing to run the same or similar offensive scheme that got us to the SB, play hands-off the defense (provided we can keep Fangio even if we have to give him HC money), and convince The Cowboy and Frank to give one more season, there's no reason we cannot win it all next season.
Share 49ersWebzone