LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

JEFF KAPLAN Speaks the truth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If I never knew about the Webzone and just happened to stumble onto the podcast, I'd say, damn this guy is on point (which he is)... although, everything this guy has mentioned are all things we've already discussed up IN HERE!! To his credit, he sounds like an analyst that knows his stuff and that was very cool of him to give the Zone a plug...
This guy was so on point with EVERYTHING he said, couldn't agree more.
So 100% correct.

Man, talk about hitting the nail on the head.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
quick to criticize Harbaugh for this debacle, but did you forget what he turned this time into?

do you know what this team was prior? after Mooch? or are you a new fan?

Look, im not going to pretend like I know exactly whats going on behind the scenes (like you) and start firing everybody!

maybe its this...maybe its that...maybe its dat ass....pump your brakes

The problems with the offense is a coaching problem, if you can't see that, you're blind. Jeff nailed it when he talked about the Seahawks game. There's no way on god's green earth you're going to beat Seattle by attacking Sherman outside the numbers (especially with Lloyd). Instead, that's exactly what we did, and we got our asses kicked.
Other than possibly Vernon and Boone who checked out for contract reasons I don't think the team is checked out at all. It's just that not that good. It wasn't good in week 1, 5, 10, or now. We're not that talented on offense especially with Vernon's relapse.

It's not 2012 when we had a much better put together team. Just throwing together receivers isn't going to work. The one frustrating about HarRoman this year has been they've abandoned the run during some games when really shouldn't have. That falls on them. No reason we shouldn't have ran the ball down Oakland's 27th ranked defense. Passing wise the talent is not there. Don't kid yourself it's 3 guys who run the same role in the offense and a tight end who spent his entire offseason worrying about his brand and not his game.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 13, 2014 at 12:20 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Jeff was right on the money from Kap's regression to Harbaugh's total failure with his so-called new offensive philosophy. Dam right Harbaugh has to go !!

The only thing I have a question mark on is if WCO is the way to go going forward as suggested by Jeff and given by his own admission Kap has regressed, why would you still stay with a pass-heavy offense ? I am not against the idea of running WCO per se, but I just don't see how Kap can handle it, a new QB may be, but not Kap. I am still of the belief if for some reason we are still stuck with Kap, then we will have to go back to a run-first and read-option offense and let Kap run.
If we are going WCO we will also need a new line.

Roman has to go. I would prefer to keep Harbaugh. Roman, Solari and Morton.
I wanted to call this guy out and call him a traitor and say... "This guy is just throwing in the towel and jumping ship, bla, bla, bla."
But as much as I wanted to, I just can't disagree. I have absolutely NO confidence in this offense. In fact unless our defense or special teams score I think we get shut-out this Sunday. Sadly this brings me to the conclusion that this isn't Roman's offense, it's Harbaugh's.
[ Edited by vermonator on Dec 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM ]
Anyone wanting Harbaugh to go is tripping. We immediately started winning once Harbaugh came here, after nearly a decade of s**tty ass football. And you guys want to risk going back to that?! Harbaugh can win a Superbowl with this team. Baalke, York, and Harbaugh all need to swallow their pride and negotiate on what needs to be done. Harbaugh needs to let Roman go and York and Baalke need to let Harbaugh have more freedom.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Anyone wanting Harbaugh to go is tripping. We immediately started winning once Harbaugh came here, after nearly a decade of s**tty ass football. And you guys want to risk going back to that?! Harbaugh can win a Superbowl with this team. Baalke, York, and Harbaugh all need to swallow their pride and negotiate on what needs to be done. Harbaugh needs to let Roman go and York and Baalke need to let Harbaugh have more freedom.

I totally agree, except that Harbaugh won't fire Roman.

What is "more freedom"? If that means more personnel control then we are guaranteed to go back to a sh*tty decade of football.
Originally posted by vermonator:

Yeah he has yet to because he's so damn stubborn. You would think his competitiveness and willingness to win would outweigh his loyalty though. After all, look at what he did with Alex Smith.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
quick to criticize Harbaugh for this debacle, but did you forget what he turned this time into?

do you know what this team was prior? after Mooch? or are you a new fan?

Look, im not going to pretend like I know exactly whats going on behind the scenes (like you) and start firing everybody!

maybe its this...maybe its that...maybe its dat ass....pump your brakes

The problem with Harbaugh is not just he happened to have a bad year with the offense. Sure, coaches get it wrong sometimes with their strategies and schemes, I am fine with that. But, it is the head coach's job to respond in a timely fashion if his proposed schemes fail and stalls the entire offense. From what has transpired this season, it has confirmed about Harbaugh's stubborn streak. Harbaugh did NOTHING to try to make the offense better. He continued to stick with his new offensive philosophy, still taking away the run game from Frank and leaving everything in Kap's hands even when he has been struggling massively. It is his job to make adjustments accordingly. Roman might be a crap OC, but he can't change the game plan and play calls if Harbaugh doesn't allow anyone to alter his overall offensive philosophy. As a result, he has lost the locker room as evident from Frank in calling this is the lowest point of the 49ers. There is no way in hell I would keep a head coach if he has already lost the locker room. You can't force it down the players' throats.
Originally posted by vermonator:

Yeah he has yet to because he's so damn stubborn. You would think his competitiveness and willingness to win would outweigh his loyalty though. After all, look at what he did with Alex Smith.

What you guys need to try and understand is that the offense is failing more so because of Harbaugh, Roman is just the puppet.

If he did fire Roman, I guarantee the offense will continue to suck, because Jim will hire another puppet to run his philosophy.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

What is "more freedom"? If that means more personnel control then we are guaranteed to go back to a sh*tty decade of football.

Well it seems to me York and Baalke have Harbaugh on a leash and this is what has led to them butting heads. Just let him do his thing so that egos don't get in the way. Remind me, did we start winning once Baalke arrived or Harbaugh? Also, didn't we whiff on an entire 2012 draft? Baalke gets a lot more credit than he deserves. He did provide this team with some talent, but a lot of other guys were also responsible for bringing talented players to the team.

Once Harbaugh came though, he was the one that was able to bring all that talent together and produce wins. And yeah were guaranteed to go back to a s**tty decade of football if Harbaugh stays and has more power because everywhere he has been the teams have fallen apart and sucked right?
Share 49ersWebzone