LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

The Field of Jeans experience..... An open Note to Jed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed you pushed really hard to get us this stadium. I like to call it a cement box. Let me explain why. I've traveled around the country and attended NFL games in almost 1/3 of the stadiums. Levi and Met Life are by far the worst "fan experience" stadiums that I've had the chance to visit.

Last weekend I was at the O.com in Oakland. Say what we will about the Raiders and their fan base. They are passionate about their team. Supportive. One win all season and they were more into that game than any home game that I've attended at Levi.

Jed this is what happens when you do your season ticket holders a disservice by not giving them an incentive to buy season tickets. You drove your fan base out. When you asses blame at the end of the season, lump your failure to create the FAN experience into the equation. Our stadium is filled with too many corporate first time football game attendees that are more interested in tasting the "sushi" or "curry" than they are in participating as fans in the game. They sit and watch the game with a lack of comprehension regarding the play on the field. Not knowing that their team needs them to bring some passion and noise in attempts of giving them a home field advantage. I am a season ticket holder. I sit in section 109. I am tired of trying to inspire those sitting around me. They all sit quietly watching the game. I am annoying to them I am sure, but they are annoyingly disappointing to me as well.

Who ever is in charge of the Raiders P.A. system did a kick ass job. Running AC DC up until the QB gets in the huddle. They train their people to make noise. Jed you NEED to invest in "fan experience" personnel to get the crowd into games until it culturally kicks in. Know this, the vanilla fan base that is at Levi is partly responsible for the first year failures of the team. The Warriors fans the Giants fans and the Sharks fans all lift their teams emotionally. Our stadium fans passively sit their not knowing what their role is. It is your job to utilize all resources to teach them their role. Jed building a "Santana Row" style complex across the street will get people to spend money before and after games, however it will not teach fans how to be passionate at games. Figure this part out or you will forever have a loser at home.

Bayareafanatic
[ Edited by bayareafanatic1 on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM ]
Ouch.
living out of area and not going to games i basically go off of what i hear from guys on here, but once i saw that family on thanksgiving tailgating in the parking lot sipping glasses of wine i began to see with my own eyes. its was pretty bad.
I used to go to games. I was really loud. Was at the Saints playoff game and would like to think the crowd helped out. Then they priced me out...

Sad but not really surprising. Sounds like the new stadium is just about as disappointing as this years team.

[ Edited by TTown9ers on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by letswinbaby:

Funny as hell. Exactly captures how I feel when I turn and look at the crowd in my section....
Ya know, when Disneyland opened 1955, half the rides broke down and many of the people there were completely unimpressed.

Its too bad. That place could'a been something.

When the Niners moved from Kezar to the 'stick, everyone complained it was too cold and that the atmosphere was different.

That place never really worked out either.

Its a new building. Things change. Get the hell over it. Stadium is here to stay. The new SBL holders will make this new building their own experience and 40-50 years from now the 49ers will be in a new building and fans will complain that the owner screwed up because he priced people out of the new place and that the new place just doesn't have the atmosphere that Levis did.

Relax.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Ya know, when Disneyland opened 1955, half the rides broke down and many of the people there were completely unimpressed.

When the Niners moved from Kezar to the 'stick, everyone complained it was too cold and that the atmosphere was different.

Its a new building. Things change. Get the hell over it. Stadium is here to stay. The new SBL holders will make this new building their own experience and 40-50 years from now the 49ers will be in a new building and fans will complain that the owner screwed up because he priced people out of the new place and that the new place just doesn't have the atmosphere that Levis did.

Relax.

Why do you care so much if other people don't love the stadium as much as you do?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Relax.

Why do you care so much if other people don't love the stadium as much as you do?

They are free to love it or not...just tired of the b*tching. Get over it. It's done. They ain't moving back.
They are free to love it or not...just tired of the b*tching. Get over it. It's done. They ain't moving back.

Marvin,
I spent $22K so if I want to start a thread and vent a little, then that's what I'll do. If you don't like the topic, don't respond to MY THREAD. See, I'm invested. And if I want change, then I'll give feedback and hopefully force change. You need to learn to read better though Marvin. I never said they shouldn't have moved. I like the new location. I am specifically speaking about the FAN EXPERIENCE. THE FACT THAT THEY DID NOT OFFER INCENTIVES TO LONG TIME SEASON TICKET HOLDERS. I wrote in bold so that you could better understand. Here is another thing I am not happy about. By the 3rd visit there I realized that you can't get a hot link at "The Levi". I told management nicely. Seems that you can get Sushi, and several Currie items, but you cannot get a hot link... Wonderful.

Bayareafanatic

As an East Coast fan, we get to save our money for the few games that come our way and we take over the place when the circus comes to town. It reflects as well in the number of East Coast/Road games that Niners have won as of late. It's unfortunate that the true diehards have been priced out of the new stadium. I hope to one day see a game there and I hope by then they have fixed their fan experience problem. Crowd noise and crowd enthusiasm goes a very long way as Seattle and Kansas City have demonstrated time and time again.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM ]
Could this be related to the offense stinking it up all season? If Steve Young was dropping 40 a game I think the "fan experience" might be a little better.

Relax.

I never saw anything indicating he wanted them to move back
Originally posted by bayareafanatic1:

Marvin,
I spent $22K so if I want to start a thread and vent a little, then that's what I'll do. If you don't like the topic, don't respond to MY THREAD. See, I'm invested. And if I want change, then I'll give feedback and hopefully force change. You need to learn to read better though Marvin. I never said they shouldn't have moved. I like the new location. I am specifically speaking about the FAN EXPERIENCE. THE FACT THAT THEY DID NOT OFFER INCENTIVES TO LONG TIME SEASON TICKET HOLDERS. I wrote in bold so that you could better understand. Here is another thing I am not happy about. By the 3rd visit there I realized that you can't get a hot link at "The Levi". I told management nicely. Seems that you can get Sushi, and several Currie items, but you cannot get a hot link... Wonderful.

Bayareafanatic

OK...few things....

1) Get used to people disagreeing with you and get a thicker skin. Otherwise you won't last long on this forum.

2) Great...you spent 22K. You have every right to complain. I spent 10K and have every right to say you are full of it. That's how this works.

3) My response, to be fair, wasn't entirely directed at you (but was in part), but a LONG line of peeps who are complaining about the stadium. If you are here longer than a couple months (and that's not a dig BTW...you are free to your opinion regardless of how long you've been a member) you will see the same topics over and over from people whining about this kind of stuff. It gets old. You are free to say "read something else then" and you would be right, but I prefer to provide perspective. Call it a personality flaw.

4) Hot Link...on that I actually agree. Whats up with that?

Relax.

This x 100000000.................
Share 49ersWebzone