There are 311 users in the forums

2014 Silver Lining

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The silver lining is if you're gonna lose, lose now. Don't get almost to the Superbowl or to the NFC championship game with false hope. The offensive line isn't good. The offensive scheme is bad. Plus a better draft position. Need a go to Number 1 Wide receiver.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
silverliningexcuses
Who is this J. Martin you are referring to regarding solid play?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

he has had 4 or 5 really good games.

Yes the past 2-3 weeks have been tough for him, but the whole Oline has been bad as well.

If you dont think his play was a steal for the 6th/7th rounder we gave up, your crazy
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Im having a hard time being so optimistic. If the last 10 years has tought me anything about football its that you can have the right scouts, the right gm and the right talent, but without the right coach all of that is useless. Conversely, a great coach can make up for short comings on the personnel side.

"right coaches", (not just Jim)

Morton, Roman, Chryst, Solari, and even Mangini all need to get replaced

I agree 100000000%
Originally posted by Afrikan:

According to PFF he is playing almost as well as A Davis, when Davis is actually playing...54th and 52nd of 78 OTs.
i'm like chaz here, meh. we could have figured these things out while winning games at the same time.
The silver lining is that without Kaep we make the playoffs this year.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Im having a hard time being so optimistic. If the last 10 years has tought me anything about football its that you can have the right scouts, the right gm and the right talent, but without the right coach all of that is useless. Conversely, a great coach can make up for short comings on the personnel side.

I agree 100000000%
The coach in the NFL is by far the most important than any other sport, you can't win with a mediocre coach. The QB in the NFL is by far the most important position than any other sport, you can get by with a mediocre/good QB.

Summary: Keep Harbaugh, Draft a new QB
Originally posted by tondiman:

I agree 100000000%
The coach in the NFL is by far the most important than any other sport, you can't win with a mediocre coach. The QB in the NFL is by far the most important position than any other sport, you can get by with a mediocre/good QB.

How many Superbowls would Bellicheck have won without Tom Brady?

Originally posted by verb1der:

I agree 100000000%

How many Superbowls would Bellicheck have won without Tom Brady?

How many did Shula win with Dan Marino?

I agree 100000000%

you don't draft a QB when you just locked up your franchise Qb for a long term huge contract.

Those are the type of moves the Browns, Skins and Raiders make
  • CMIO

I think a good QB can make up the shortcomings of an avg coach. John Fox is not a good coach. Neither is Tom Coughlin. And Pete Carroll was the ultimate NFL failure bf Wilson.
Originally posted by CMIO:

I think a good QB can make up the shortcomings of an avg coach. John Fox is not a good coach. Neither is Tom Coughlin. And Pete Carroll was the ultimate NFL failure bf Wilson.

Eli is borderline great. He def isnt elite. And he has 2 rings. Kap can be as good as Eli if he works through his progressions/reads. He needs to stop forcing throws.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
The silver lining is that without Kaep we make the playoffs this year.

with who as the quarterback? gabbert? come on man
Share 49ersWebzone