LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Referees Vs. Technology

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When was the last game the 49ers Played that ended in a Controversial Ref call that ended in the favor of the Niners? I respect the job the Refs do, although I can't understand with todays Technology and Video Evidence how much influence the Refs have over the outcome of the Game. Even non calls can be hard to take. One or two close games can make a difference of a Season, or a Championship.
It makes no sense to me that millions watching on TV get every call right, while the 7 officials who count miss too many calls.

How hard would it be to have one official upstairs watching every play? I know the general concern is that it'll slow the game down, but with all the camera angles, I'm sure officials could get calls like personal fouls, pass interference, face mask, etc within 30 seconds. That's less time than it takes the officials to huddle and discuss.
didnt we just win vs the saints on a jimmy graham push off? i think thats a penalty but i also know it doesnt always get called, see golden tates push off in the fail marry. that was about a month ago i believe. and it goes to my point of fans dont ever remember when it goes in their favor because they feel they're owed that call or it was the right call so the discussion ends there. when you're on the other end of it fans just scream bloody murder.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone