There are 217 users in the forums

Take the Game Plan to Sherman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
An inside look at the Roman's playbook against Seattle. This was really hard to get a hold of. Hopefully Seattle doesn't pick our play when we run it.

What actually happens
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FapForGab:
An inside look at the Roman's playbook against Seattle. This was really hard to get a hold of. Hopefully Seattle doesn't pick our play when we run it.

What actually happens

Way too complex to be a Roman gameplan or play selection.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
You know Sherman has been owned by a few deep routes too. I think Niners should spend the ENTIRE game throwing deep on him.

that happened last game. worked out very well for us huh ?

edit: wait, you are a hawks fan ? no wonder you want us to throw on sherm
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Dec 10, 2014 at 2:02 PM ]

Pretty sad I can recognize which Techmo team ran this offense. Shotgun in Pass 3 narrows it down to SF, DEN, MIA. It's not SF b/c Craig is not in the route on PAss 2. I think it's DEN.
That's usually Kap's plan. To go at Sherman.
He said he already knows the game plan doe.
Originally posted by Fortyminer:
The 49ers Offense needs to Play Smash Mouth Football especially with Richard Sherman. Sherman acts like the Seahawks are a one man show. His weakness is Tackling Backs out of the Backfield and I think the coaches should exploit that. Why don't the coaches set up Offensive strong side single coverage with Sherman, and Safety support to the weak side. They should create a blocking Scheme to run strong side at Sherman all day long, make him do what he doesn't like to do, (Tackle a Full Speed Back out of the Backfield). "Run over the Pretty Boy one man team". When Sherman makes a dozen Tackles or more, the 49ers will be able to throw on Him with a Play action, roll out, Pump fake, Give n go fly route.
The 49ers need to stay Focused on a No Huddle, Smash Mouth Game Plan, Full throttle for 60 minutes.
Defense Should keep Wilson in the pocket and block his throws, and Keep Lynch on his heels and Back.
Win the turnover margin and Win Big in Seattle. "Leave the Distractions in SF"

I'm not exactly sure where you've gotten the idea that Sherman is weak, or doesn't like to tackle.

He is one of the better tackling CB's around. And hasn't ever shied away from coming up in run support.

He absolutely got trucked by 89 w/ SF last year, but that's one play.

I would consider his actual "weakness" his coverage against smaller, shifter WR's. Sometimes he moves over to the slot, and doesn't look natural at all. Whether it's because the slot WR's are typically shifter, or if it's because he isn't in his natural position, that is about all you could consider his weakness.

All things being relative of course.
Agree. Run right at that f**ker. Put the hurt on him.
Running at Sherman implies we get to the 2nd level, on the edges. We haven't had any success in doing that and neither has anyone else. PHI, 139 total yards with a great game planner in Kelly and way more speed at the skill pos. Lacking a versatile, capable OC with little speed on the the roster, it's going to have to be between the tackles. They know it's coming, we know they know it's coming and there's not much we can do about it.

Keys to winning in SEA for me, make Wilson beat you from the pocket. Sacks not as important as keeping him there. Turn him over a few times on a short field and win special teams. We cannot lose the special teams battle. As much as the attention is on our offense, it's the defense who has to play well. Their WR won't hurt us but our coverage weakness at LB right now are how they will move the ball.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
You know Sherman has been owned by a few deep routes too. I think Niners should spend the ENTIRE game throwing deep on him.

that happened last game. worked out very well for us huh ?

edit: wait, you are a hawks fan ? no wonder you want us to throw on sherm

Yeah he was attempting to be funny.

• thl408
Originally posted by boast:
a 49er game plan that exploits the weakness of an opponent?

lol this lol

ROFL. Great TBT
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

For many reasons, this is one of the all time great posts.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Dude,

Whatever the gameplan is for Sunday, I'm sure Sherman knows it better than Roman.

This lol
Share 49ersWebzone