LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

If Jim Harbaugh leaves, who do you want as the next coach of the 49ers(All Coaching Rumors

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Jim Harbaugh leaves, who do you want as the next coach of the 49ers(All Coaching Rumors

Fuuuk Darrell Bevell all the way probably could put Kap in a system that fits him AND having him spill the Seahawks scheme to Fangio would shut Seattles O dowwn
Mark Dantonio
Does Adam vase even do anything with manning running the o??
Originally posted by Since07:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/24/7275451/peyton-manning-adam-gase-audible-broncos-dolphins

Seeing as how Manning is a noted master of line of scrimmage adjustments, it's natural to assume the Hall of Fame quarterback was responsible. But as Manning explained after the game, it's actually offensive coordinator Adam Gase who deserves the credit.

"To tell you the truth, Adam made the change," Manning told team columnist Andrew Mason. "We got to the line of scrimmage pretty early and we had time on the clock and so Adam actually made the change from the sideline."

NFL rules allow coaches to communicate with their quarterback through the helmet mic up until the play clock hits 15 seconds. On that play, Denver got to the line with 19 seconds left, giving Gase a precious few seconds get Manning to call the audible.

"It was critical," Manning added. "We ran the ball to the left and it was a good thing that we changed it because we really didn't have a good play based on the look that they were showing early and we did make the change. I think it was what Adam wanted to get to all along."

The last guy to run that offense while Manning was the QB is doing decently for himself in San Diego, so there's that.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Mark Dantonio

Charles Woodson approves.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/24/7275451/peyton-manning-adam-gase-audible-broncos-dolphins

Seeing as how Manning is a noted master of line of scrimmage adjustments, it's natural to assume the Hall of Fame quarterback was responsible. But as Manning explained after the game, it's actually offensive coordinator Adam Gase who deserves the credit.

"To tell you the truth, Adam made the change," Manning told team columnist Andrew Mason. "We got to the line of scrimmage pretty early and we had time on the clock and so Adam actually made the change from the sideline."

NFL rules allow coaches to communicate with their quarterback through the helmet mic up until the play clock hits 15 seconds. On that play, Denver got to the line with 19 seconds left, giving Gase a precious few seconds get Manning to call the audible.

"It was critical," Manning added. "We ran the ball to the left and it was a good thing that we changed it because we really didn't have a good play based on the look that they were showing early and we did make the change. I think it was what Adam wanted to get to all along."

The last guy to run that offense while Manning was the QB is doing decently for himself in San Diego, so there's that.

Yea but isn't his scheme pass happy? We run the ball and that's the way I like it
Mark Dantonio

Charles Woodson approves.

as in what? not with the times?
Yea but isn't his scheme pass happy? We run the ball and that's the way I like it

There is no "we" when Harbaugh leaves, the offense will be whatever the new head coach decides it should be. I think that being able to run the ball is important, but so is having a modern passing offense. Gase has been showing he can do both, Broncos run game has been doing very well lately. On the season they've got pretty much the same number of yards rushing as the 49ers do.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/07/terrell-davis-loves-broncos-offense-tilting-toward-running-game/31336/

The story goes that the last time the Broncos won the Super Bowl John Elway was quarterback. Terrell Davis also started at running back. Elway never won the big game without Davis. And the Broncos haven't won since both retired.

As you can imagine, Davis, a Hall of Fame finalist, loves the Broncos' reconfigured offense. From the NFL Network studios, he watches with interest as Denver makes a playoff push with undrafted bruiser C.J. Anderson complementing Peyton Manning.

"I am biased. But I love it. You need to run. We all know that Peyton is really good. But sometimes during games, he goes through a stretch where he needs help," Davis said last week. "What better way to settle things down at home or on the road than to run the ball. It's the perfect medicine."

Anderson has run with urgency, attitude and fearlessness. He has rushed for 335 yards over the past two games, conjuring images of Davis' 1998 season when he cut and plowed for 2,008 yards and 21 touchdowns.

If it's going to be a young guy, Pep Hamilton makes sense - he has a clear vision for an imaginative and explosive offense.

If it's going to be an established guy, it's got to be Mike Holmgren. SF Native, NIner fan, original member of the Bill Walsh coaching tree, quarterback coach, OC, successful HC. He's got it all and there have been rumors that he wants to coach again without all the hassle of being a GM.

Woodson=Michigan guy

Michigan State has been kicking their ass recently.

Originally posted by crake49:
If it's going to be a young guy, Pep Hamilton makes sense - he has a clear vision for an imaginative and explosive offense.

If it's going to be an established guy, it's got to be Mike Holmgren. SF Native, NIner fan, original member of the Bill Walsh coaching tree, quarterback coach, OC, successful HC. He's got it all and there have been rumors that he wants to coach again without all the hassle of being a GM.

lolll Holmgren has got to be the worst of all options, he been out the game for more than a decade, with this logic...we might as well call up George Siefert.

Woodson=Michigan guy

Michigan State has been kicking their ass recently.

oh ok, but what are your thoughts on Dantonio? I can see how he wouldn't be your cup of tea since you're looking more for a modern-pass guy, but I've been impressed for a while now with what he's done up in East Lansing and think he's definitely pro material.
Its not even intensity, its just that he went around pissing people off, players and front office staff alike, that part worries me, otherwise the guy seems brilliant, but will the team support him, the players certainly seemed to turn on him fast in Denver...maybe he has learned and matured since then, who knows.

Former NFL punter Mitch Berger unloaded on former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. "It felt like I was playing for an equipment manager or something, he was like a little punk," Berger said of McDaniels, who is now the offensive coordinator in New England again. "He came in there and said that he wanted to hear a lot from me, he wanted to know what I thought about situations. He wanted to take advantage of my veteran leadership . . . . He said all that. But as soon as I had a game that wasn't up to his standards, he wouldn't talk to you or look at you."

Berger also said that he "threw players under the bus in meetings," specifically mentioning receiver Brandon Marshall.
"I never played for a guy in my life who guys wanted to play for less," Berger said. "He was just a guy you didn't care about."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/06/mitch-berger-unloads-on-josh-mcdaniels/

I think working for the hoodie would've mellowed him out. There hasn't been any news of dissent in New England, unless the Patriots have kept everything internal.
Originally posted by crake49:

I really think the age argument is a non issue. Holmgren is 66 and shanny is 62 and by comparison Dick head carroll is 63. Outside of walsh himself, both shanny and holmgren are my favorite offensive minds in the history of football. I think getting a motivated potential HOF coach could be a real good thing. Anyways coaching jobs are 3-5 years now it seems.

My gut feeling is if eddie has Jed's ear, it may very well be one of our great OCs.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
lolll Holmgren has got to be the worst of all options, he been out the game for more than a decade, with this logic...we might as well call up George Siefert.

I'm kind of torn on Holmgren, I really think that the team needs a fresh face and that Holmgren might be too old at 66 however Pete Carroll is 63, Tom Coughlin is 68, Bruce Arians is 62, Belichick is 62, I think there's a chance that Holmgren could be a bridge guy, take over as coach for a few years and then yield to a younger assistant that developed under him.

I do think that he'd be a great guy to deal with whatever is ailing Kaepernick and ultimately getting the best out of him.

And you know that seeing him on the 49ers sidelines would bug the crap out of the few Seahawks fans that knew their city had an actual football franchise before 2012.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone