LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

What came first, a change in playcalling or signs of an ineffective offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
However the greater argument you make again is about personnel vs scheme. I think it doesn't matter what personnel we have on this team because they simply aren't being coached properly.
They're still coached a lot better than they were before Harbaugh showed up - 7-6 under Nolan or Singletary or Erickson would have been a hopeful year. Things could be a lot worse...
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Quite honestly BobS, I just think the rest of the league caught up. Running game (new formations and "jumbo packages") was countered completely by Harbaugh's second year. The zone-read-option was countered a year after. The Ravens figured it out in the Super Bowl and it has been a copied template we've seen since. The 49ers have yet to answer it.

The Ravens figured what out? We put up almost 500 yards on them.

Seattle runs the spread option very effectively. We simply do not do it anymore.
The niners were showing signs of having a crappy offense even in the pre season. ..we had high hopes that maybe, just maybe they were holding the real offense for when it counted...

As it turns out fangio was probably just playing nice during TC. All those 3 and outs during the preseason games were actually indicative of what this stank ass offense that harbs n co. trotted out there is really capable of.

4 years of this and I'm still holding out hope that harbs is still the niners HC years from now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
@khalilgarriott Incredible sports stat of day:

The @packers have more offensive touchdowns (45) than punts (40)

#49ers 23 TD, 60 punts

Wow. & our former OC is calling this offense installed there in Green Bay. Damn
Share 49ersWebzone