There are 236 users in the forums

What came first, a change in playcalling or signs of an ineffective offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Also what does it say that CK's first game starting each season ('12 Bears, '13 Packers, '14 Cowboys), the guy looks so freaking dominant?

Maybe it falls into the same issue with how good we are at opening drives (#1 I think), but can't readjust as needed.
Dude I feel like you are in my head right now!! Wtf?? Lol!!
  • Jiks
IMO it all started when you bench a QB for an injury. Football gods have toyed with us since. This isn't me saying anything about that other QB, he is struggling himself in KC, but more of the morality of the situation. Firm believer in "what goes around, comes around", or as some would say karma.

Not only that but it's hypocrisy at it's finest. "We're going to put ourselves in the best position to win". Well I don't see that when the shoe is on Harbaughs foot.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
IMO it all started when you bench a QB for an injury. Football gods have toyed with us since. This isn't me saying anything about that other QB, he is struggling himself in KC, but more of the morality of the situation. Firm believer in "what goes around, comes around", or as some would say karma.

im sure no other teams have down years

Not only that but it's hypocrisy at it's finest. "We're going to put ourselves in the best position to win". Well I don't see that when the shoe is on Harbaughs foot.

• Jiks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
im sure no other teams have down years

Well we shouldn't fire anybody I suppose? It was a down year.
The R/O gimmick is going strong in Seattle. they hardly ever throw to Wrs , it's either a run with Lynch or Wilson, with the occasional play action roll out and throw back across the field to Lynch. I see this over and over throughout the season and it still works. They been on this read option gimmick for three years running with 1superbowl. So, I guess what it comes down to is execution, and OC calling the right plays to create rhythm, something the 9ers lack. When something works in 9er land they get away from it, it's frustrating.
the league caught on to what we're doing and kap never progressed to the point where we could add more s**t on his plate.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
we lost the Super Bowl because of one reasone.. Kaep audible.. He wanted to throw a winning TD.. he wanted to close the season on top.. the 3rd down play was suppose to go to Gore, and I still believe that it woulda been an ez TD..

up to this day, I would have kept calling for Gore's # to run up the middle against the Ravens.. All 4 downs!!
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
The R/O gimmick is going strong in Seattle. they hardly ever throw to Wrs , it's either a run with Lynch or Wilson, with the occasional play action roll out and throw back across the field to Lynch. I see this over and over throughout the season and it still works. They been on this read option gimmick for three years running with 1superbowl. So, I guess what it comes down to is execution, and OC calling the right plays to create rhythm, something the 9ers lack. When something works in 9er land they get away from it, it's frustrating.

Can Seattle's offense be effective without Wilson scrambling? It seems if he doesn't make three or four plays a game running around for 8 seconds the chances of losing to a good team are increased. Kap is nowhere the magician Wilson is. We've seen what happens when Wilson is forced to stay in the pocket, he looks like he's throwing over skyscrapers. The defense is so strong and Lynch is such a beast that Wilson does not have to put the team on his shoulders. I watch all the Seattle games, Wilson is always protected in terms of play calling, second and long they give the ball to Lynch, the passes are quick slants to receivers with no read involved.
Game plans for sure. Marvin provided the link and basis for you guys already. Also, same #'s under 2 very different QB's. And here is more proof of a system that has not changed since the second half of last year either.

Through Week 14 (13 games):
Pre-season Projections were used from 2013, Week 13 (when Crabtree came back) through the NFCCG for a grand total of 8 games. Those 8 games were a much better indicator of how we utilize our offensive weapons and we played some top-tier defenses in playoff-like scenarios throughout. It's about as close to who we are as we can get.

Receptions: Per Year Projections: On pace for…
WR1 Boldin= 96 for 1,360. On pace for 95 for 1,104
WR2 Crabtree= 64 for 976. On pace for 70 for 780
WR3 Johnson/Lloyd= 31 for & 500. On pace for 64 for 868
WR4 Davis= 32 for 560. On pace for 31 for 290
HB Combined= 40 for 336. On pace for 37 for 330

Kaepernick: Big help from Niners816
Attempts - 480. On pace for 503
Completions - 300. On pace for 305
Completion % - 62.5%. On pace for 60.6%
Yards - 3,700. On pace for 3,580
TD's - 25. On pace for 20
INT's - 10. On pace for 12
QB Rating - 95.0. On pace for 85.1
Rushing Yards - 500. On pace for 100 for 466
Rushing TD's - 5. On pace for 0

2014 Total Offensive Projections:
Receptions: 263 for 3,700. On pace for 289 for 3,371
Rushing: 30 for 132 or 480 for 2,112. On pace for 27 for 86 or 436 for 1,769

Analysis: What these projections prove is that we have not changed our offense one bit from the final 8 games of last season (including the playoffs). Teams, obviously, have completely caught up to us and as a result, projections remain on target. VD has dropped even more from the original projections (which was already low to begin with). The running game has had a dip as well (remember the streak where we tried to go exclusive spread offense) and the #3 WR has come back down to earth after being targeted during this stretch as well.

BINGO!!

And Harbaugh shouldnt have been so quick to trade away Alex Smith. At least we can say R.Wilson EARNED his... he beat out a veteran for the starting job!! Kap aint earned his... he was HANDED the job based on another man getting injured. After the Super Bowl, Harbs should have had Smith & Kap battle it out for the starting position leading up to last yr's season. Whoever won would have been the bona-fide starter & whoever didnt would have had to accept their role as backup or be traded. Now that stupid decision to trade away Alex Smith seems to have come back to haunt the team!!
@khalilgarriott Incredible sports stat of day:

The @packers have more offensive touchdowns (45) than punts (40)

#49ers 23 TD, 60 punts
Originally posted by JE4931:
BINGO!!

And Harbaugh shouldnt have been so quick to trade away Alex Smith. At least we can say R.Wilson EARNED his... he beat out a veteran for the starting job!! Kap aint earned his... he was HANDED the job based on another man getting injured. After the Super Bowl, Harbs should have had Smith & Kap battle it out for the starting position leading up to last yr's season. Whoever won would have been the bona-fide starter & whoever didnt would have had to accept their role as backup or be traded. Now that stupid decision to trade away Alex Smith seems to have come back to haunt the team!!

Yes, because this offense would be doing SOOOO much better right now with Captain Checkdown.
BINGO!!

What are you even talking about? Is it really considered "winning" the job when the person you have to beat out is Matt Flynn?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
BINGO!!

Yes, because this offense would be doing SOOOO much better right now with Captain Checkdown.

Behind the current disaster the 49ers call an offensive line

Hey Alex, check down with 1.2 seconds and a TE that's checked out.
Share 49ersWebzone