LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

My recourse if 49ers suck

Shop Find 49ers gear online
when it comes out that he wants out as bad as we want him out maybe you'll go back to buying merchandise
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
You can do what you want, but firing Harbaugh is the right thing to do. Is just inevitable, things are just too far gone now.

And honestly ? He did this to himself. Even up to the Monday presser he was still sticking to his so-called new offensive philosophy which as you know is not working and has not been working since day 1 as Kap clearly showed us that he can't make that transition into a pocket passer. In the Raiders game, Frank only had 12 sorry carries once again. In essence, Harbaugh tore this offense apart and has now lost the locker room. You can say all you want about Jed and Baalke, but is the players that matter most, if you have lost the locker room, that's it !!

I guess Harbs / Roman are too full of their own kool aid (on this new offense stuff)... Harbs being stubborn and all doesn't realize things needed to change. It seems like the players aren't sold on it anymore. It's hard for them to give it their all when they don't even believe in the system (IMHO).
The guy I'd pick to replace Harbaugh is Tomsula...yes, he's a defensive coach, but is a very hands-on guy and one I believe the players would rally around. JT's smart enough to hire a new OC to give the offense a jump start toward becoming efficient. Jim knows this team arguably better than any coach on the staff...his learning curve would be far less than bringing in an outsider. Baalke's first choice after Singletary was Parcells, but Bill's coaching days are pretty much done. So, I'd love to see Tomsula get his shot now. Some might say he's not qualified enough, but I disagree. Sure, he's had one game as HC in the NFL, but had extensive coaching experience in NFL-E, including HC of the Rhine Fire. JT's a very good football coach and I believe he's ready for the job.
We were a talented team before we hired Harbaugh. Should've been in the playoffs in 2009 & 2010 but we had one of the worst coaches in NFL history holding us back. Yes I love Harbaugh and still want him to hoist the Lombardi trophy as a 49er(which is looking unlikely) but let's be real, any halfway decent coach that isn't Mike Singletary would have these teams in the playoffs. Unfortunately there's so much "turmoil" going on with the team and the offense that was never that good to begin with under Harbaugh/Roman is complete garbage despite the talent around it. Would love to keep Harbaugh around for years to come,but if he's not willing to let Roman go and bring in some that knows what they're doing offensively, he can kick rocks.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:30 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
I guess Harbs / Roman are too full of their own kool aid (on this new offense stuff)... Harbs being stubborn and all doesn't realize things needed to change. It seems like the players aren't sold on it anymore. It's hard for them to give it their all when they don't even believe in the system (IMHO).

Oh no doubt about it. You saw Frank's interview right when he said this is the lowest point of the 49ers ? If Frank can say that, you know is bad. You can tell he has lost faith in Harbaugh already, he can't even help if he wanted to, I mean how can yo help when you only get the ball 12 times in a game ? In the past, Harbaugh had always gone to Frank to save the day when things were bad, but Harbaugh is not doing this anymore this year, he is just watching this ship go down with his new offensive philosophy until the end. Ian Rapoport was on Murph & Mike and he said something pretty interesting, it is amazing what these veteran players say once you take the microphone away. I can certainly believe that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Oh no doubt about it. You saw Frank's interview right when he said this is the lowest point of the 49ers ? If Frank can say that, you know is bad. You can tell he has lost faith in Harbaugh already, he can't even help if he wanted to, I mean how can yo help when you only get the ball 12 times in a game ? In the past, Harbaugh had always gone to Frank to save the day when things were bad, but Harbaugh is not doing this anymore this year, he is just watching this ship go down with his new offensive philosophy until the end. Ian Rapoport was on Murph & Mike and he said something pretty interesting, it is amazing what these veteran players say once you take the microphone away. I can certainly believe that.

THIS is troof.... Gore is troof.

Although, for some odd reason (besides the bowman news), it's been a little quiet... that can be a good thing. I'm hoping these guys are brewing up something to try and give it their all. I don't want to see them get blown out vs the Cawks and certainly don't want them getting slapped around at home (twice).
Originally posted by GunDave007:
We all know how difficult it is to get a head coach that's any good. It was shameful to be a 49ers fan for years and Harbaugh changed that very quickly. Are we supposed to believe that the promotion of Balke to GM was the reason for the turn around? There's obviously multiple parts, but Harbaugh was the main one.

And now the organization is likely going to move on from him after one disappointing season. We're not gonna go 2-14! I don't like losing at all, but I don't think switching coaches is the fix either.

As a fan, I have basically no control over the team. I do have control over my money though. If Harbaugh is fired, traded or etc, I am immediately going back to my dark days (pre harbaugh) stance. I will not buy anything 49ers related til they show me they're doing something right. I will continue to root for the team and watch on TV, but will buy nothing. I think I did this from 2003- late 2011.

In summary, If they fire Harbaugh, York must earn my support back. That's my only recourse. I hope you do the same.

And what will you and the Forty-Whiners' recourse be when we win the NFC title next year.

That the new coach was "Lucky" or if JH had one more year he's have done it.

Time to say good bye to the Epic Fail of JH/Roman offense and move on.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol , #1 reason that our fanbase gets ridiculed for...Bandwagoners ^^^

I am not a bandwagon we at all. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I have never rooted for any other team or player from another team. When SF is done I rarely watch any playoff games because it makes me want to vomit to even think of other teams winning a Super Bowl. But I'll wait and see if I like the new staff before I buy more merchandise. If that makes me bandwagon, then idk what you're smoking. I'm still gonna root for them 100% and watch all their games, just not gonna spend additional $.
Calling me bandwagon should be seen as a personal insult by moderators.

• Rascal
  • Veteran

Although, for some odd reason (besides the bowman news), it's been a little quiet... that can be a good thing. I'm hoping these guys are brewing up something to try and give it their all. I don't want to see them get blown out vs the Cawks and certainly don't want them getting slapped around at home (twice).

Don't hold your breath, bro. It is quiet cos the atmosphere is depressing. These 3 games can't finish soon enough. I am bracing myself for the changes once the season ends.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
And what will you and the Forty-Whiners say when we win the NFC title next year.

No. I'll love it. I hope the new coach never loses, but I'm rooting for this team like crazy no matter what. I rooted for Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey. I'm in it for the long haul, but I realize we are experiencing a loss. If Harbaugh were my employee, I would try to keep him. Obviously I do not know all the details, so maybe harbaugh has made that impossible. But as a fan I see them potentially not being able to make it work as a failure and I'm just gonna make the team earn it so to speak. GO NINERS

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
And what will you and the Forty-Whiners' recourse be when we win the NFC title next year.

Dump Kaepernick along with them and I'm with you

Keep Kaepernick and we can continue losing to the Rams

I am not a bandwagon we at all. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I have never rooted for any other team or player from another team. When SF is done I rarely watch any playoff games because it makes me want to vomit to even think of other teams winning a Super Bowl. But I'll wait and see if I like the new staff before I buy more merchandise. If that makes me bandwagon, then idk what you're smoking. I'm still gonna root for them 100% and watch all their games, just not gonna spend additional $.
Calling me bandwagon should be seen as a personal insult by moderators.

What will boycotting 49er merchandise do ?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Don't hold your breath, bro. It is quiet cos the atmosphere is depressing. These 3 games can't finish soon enough. I am bracing myself for the changes once the season ends.

It's do or die, baby...

#t=0
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
It's do or die, baby...

#t=0

LOL. OK. But, just make sure Bo is not part of it cos the dude is not ready and you can end his career with another major injury.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
We all know how difficult it is to get a head coach that's any good. It was shameful to be a 49ers fan for years and Harbaugh changed that very quickly. Are we supposed to believe that the promotion of Balke to GM was the reason for the turn around? There's obviously multiple parts, but Harbaugh was the main one.

And now the organization is likely going to move on from him after one disappointing season. We're not gonna go 2-14! I don't like losing at all, but I don't think switching coaches is the fix either.

As a fan, I have basically no control over the team. I do have control over my money though. If Harbaugh is fired, traded or etc, I am immediately going back to my dark days (pre harbaugh) stance. I will not buy anything 49ers related til they show me they're doing something right. I will continue to root for the team and watch on TV, but will buy nothing. I think I did this from 2003- late 2011.

In summary, If they fire Harbaugh, York must earn my support back. That's my only recourse. I hope you do the same.
it is never shameful to be a niner fan no matter how bad the team is,,, everything else you wrote after that can not be viewed at seriously if you have that type of mindset
Share 49ersWebzone