There are 190 users in the forums

My recourse if 49ers suck

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Just remember what I said back in September... when it was clear to me that Harbaugh and the coaching staff really put an end to being w/the team by Harbaugh stopping the contract talk until after the season.

What the management did not realize is that they insulted Harbaugh by not having a contract ready for him, he who took an underachieving team to three NFCCG in his 1st 3 years.

Baalke and York decided to bully a Raging Bull and look what has happened to the team..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Just remember what I said back in September... when it was clear to me that Harbaugh and the coaching staff really put an end to being w/the team by Harbaugh stopping the contract talk until after the season.

What the management did not realize is that they insulted Harbaugh by not having a contract ready for him, he who took an underachieving team to three NFCCG in his 1st 3 years.

Baalke and York decided to bully a Raging Bull and look what has happened to the team..

They were in negotiation. Why is everyone trying to invent b******t insults? Did you hear or read Harbaugh saying anywhere that he had been insulted by this?
If we hitch our wagon to a 27 year old running QB, yeah we probably won't be sniffing the Conference Championship anytime soon.
How many dark days, dark years threads do you guys need?
Sorry. My subject was not well thought and it made the thread go the wrong direction. Are any other fans gonna make York and balke prove they know wtf they're doing?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Jim is losing his job because of loyalty, he should have fired Roman a while ago...the offense has never been great, especially with all the talent on the team!

I would prefer to hold on to Jim, but not at the cost of keeping Roman as the OC. It's clear as day that he is wayyy over his head and teams have been saying they already know the play calls before the ball is even snapped based on personal and watching film. There is ZERO adjustments based on the teams they are playing and in the 2nd half of games. Why would you throw the ball 30+ times against the 7th ranked pass D in Oakland, when you have a line built to run block on the 24th rank run D in Oakland?? How many TDs has SF scored in the 2nd half?? That has a lot to due with the lack of adjustments...

Why have they not run plays to the strengths of their QB?? Seattle is doing this and winning games. They rely on their good D and Wilson at least moving the ball with little TOs. That's all Kap has to do! He shouldn't have to be asked to carve up a secondary behind a awful line, HC/OC game plan and make adjustments based on what they have and use the strength of the team! Jim and Roman have not done this....... #HireHolmgren

Well said
My recourse if they suck is beer.

And lots of it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the suckage years were so much easier on my heart.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ENGLISH,

Of course Jim Harbaugh isn't gonna come out and say that he was insulted that his contract was not done.. he knows better.. He's a very smart coach.. by going to the public and let it be known that the contract should be done "after the season" he made more fans.. he got more love..

I'm sure like myself, and your self as well, even got impressed by Harbaugh decision so that it will not look like a distraction.. But deep inside, a coach like Harbaugh had to be insulted that the management will make him prove his worth all over again..

and to make it worst, Jed York stated to the media that it will have to be a "Super Bowl or Else"...

Jim is a proud coach, he knows our team needs a coach like him more than he needs us..
9 moon- you're right. It's harder for a team to get a good coach than for a good coach to get a new job.

Chazboner - I agree

49erfaithful6- I wish there were a like button on here.

Originally posted by GunDave007:
Sorry. My subject was not well thought and it made the thread go the wrong direction. Are any other fans gonna make York and balke prove they know wtf they're doing?

Didn't York hire Baalke who then hired Harbaugh. Did they not know what they were doing then. Sometimes the logic around here is interesting. If they no longer know what they are doing than considering the offensive woes doesn't that mean Harbaugh doesn't know what he is doing either

I'm so tired of hearing that the team will suck if Harbaugh leaves like he is the only coach who can ever be good successful here. Harbaugh has been great but he hasn't won the last 4 SB since he has been here(I'm already including this year) somebody else has. There is other coaching talent out there

Its like that 1st piece of @$$ you get. You don't think any can be better until you get some more and then realize there is plenty of good @$$ out there

For the record I like Harbaugh and would have like the security of him staying for 10 years or so to bring some continuity to the coaching but his stubbornness in a lot of areas makes me feel he is not the right guy ANYMORE
Originally posted by GunDave007:
We all know how difficult it is to get a head coach that's any good. It was shameful to be a 49ers fan for years and Harbaugh changed that very quickly. Are we supposed to believe that the promotion of Balke to GM was the reason for the turn around? There's obviously multiple parts, but Harbaugh was the main one.

And now the organization is likely going to move on from him after one disappointing season. We're not gonna go 2-14! I don't like losing at all, but I don't think switching coaches is the fix either.

As a fan, I have basically no control over the team. I do have control over my money though. If Harbaugh is fired, traded or etc, I am immediately going back to my dark days (pre harbaugh) stance. I will not buy anything 49ers related til they show me they're doing something right. I will continue to root for the team and watch on TV, but will buy nothing. I think I did this from 2003- late 2011.

In summary, If they fire Harbaugh, York must earn my support back. That's my only recourse. I hope you do the same.
lol , #1 reason that our fanbase gets ridiculed for...Bandwagoners ^^^
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We're not going back to the dark days... Eddie D. (via Jed) won't allow it.

But, for argument sake, if we do go back to dark days, I hope most fans (like you) don't buy anything for a long time... I'm gonna save up so I can buy all kinds of jerseys / memorabilia when prices dip big time
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
You can do what you want, but firing Harbaugh is the right thing to do. Is just inevitable, things are just too far gone now.

And honestly ? He did this to himself. Even up to the Monday presser he was still sticking to his so-called new offensive philosophy which as you know is not working and has not been working since day 1 as Kap clearly showed us that he can't make that transition into a pocket passer. In the Raiders game, Frank only had 12 sorry carries once again. In essence, Harbaugh tore this offense apart and has now lost the locker room. You can say all you want about Jed and Baalke, but is the players that matter most, if you have lost the locker room, that's it !!
Originally posted by Rascal:
You can do what you want, but firing Harbaugh is the right thing to do. Is just inevitable, things are just too far gone now.

And honestly ? He did this to himself. Even up to the Monday presser he was still sticking to his so-called new offensive philosophy which as you know is not working and has not been working since day 1 as Kap clearly showed us that he can't make that transition into a pocket passer. In the Raiders game, Frank only had 12 sorry carries once again. In essence, Harbaugh tore this offense apart and has now lost the locker room. You can say all you want about Jed and Baalke, but is the players that matter most, if you have lost the locker room, that's it !!

so after every losing season we should just get rid of the HC ?

there is no proof that JH has lost this locker room and there is no need to get rid of any coaches right now as the problem is a whole and not an isolated issue
Share 49ersWebzone