There are 171 users in the forums

My recourse if 49ers suck

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We all know how difficult it is to get a head coach that's any good. It was shameful to be a 49ers fan for years and Harbaugh changed that very quickly. Are we supposed to believe that the promotion of Balke to GM was the reason for the turn around? There's obviously multiple parts, but Harbaugh was the main one.

And now the organization is likely going to move on from him after one disappointing season. We're not gonna go 2-14! I don't like losing at all, but I don't think switching coaches is the fix either.

As a fan, I have basically no control over the team. I do have control over my money though. If Harbaugh is fired, traded or etc, I am immediately going back to my dark days (pre harbaugh) stance. I will not buy anything 49ers related til they show me they're doing something right. I will continue to root for the team and watch on TV, but will buy nothing. I think I did this from 2003- late 2011.

In summary, If they fire Harbaugh, York must earn my support back. That's my only recourse. I hope you do the same.
Jim is losing his job because of loyalty, he should have fired Roman a while ago...the offense has never been great, especially with all the talent on the team!

I would prefer to hold on to Jim, but not at the cost of keeping Roman as the OC. It's clear as day that he is wayyy over his head and teams have been saying they already know the play calls before the ball is even snapped based on personal and watching film. There is ZERO adjustments based on the teams they are playing and in the 2nd half of games. Why would you throw the ball 30+ times against the 7th ranked pass D in Oakland, when you have a line built to run block on the 24th rank run D in Oakland?? How many TDs has SF scored in the 2nd half?? That has a lot to due with the lack of adjustments...

Why have they not run plays to the strengths of their QB?? Seattle is doing this and winning games. They rely on their good D and Wilson at least moving the ball with little TOs. That's all Kap has to do! He shouldn't have to be asked to carve up a secondary behind a awful line, HC/OC game plan and make adjustments based on what they have and use the strength of the team! Jim and Roman have not done this....... #HireHolmgren
I hope they can win with another coach,but Chances are we will hire a dud. I expect Nolan 2.0. I hope for Walsh 2.0, but that seems less likely. I'm just not gonna buy their stuff til they show something good. If it's Nolan 2.0, they should pay for making that kinda decision.
Not if Baalke can get Pep Hamilton!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dont know about returning to the dark days but this franchise is gonna take huge step back. Harbaugh brought a certain swagger to this team and the players bought into it. Im not sure the next coach can get that kind of reaction.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Jim is losing his job because of loyalty, he should have fired Roman a while ago...the offense has never been great, especially with all the talent on the team!

I would prefer to hold on to Jim, but not at the cost of keeping Roman as the OC. It's clear as day that he is wayyy over his head and teams have been saying they already know the play calls before the ball is even snapped based on personal and watching film. There is ZERO adjustments based on the teams they are playing and in the 2nd half of games. Why would you throw the ball 30+ times against the 7th ranked pass D in Oakland, when you have a line built to run block on the 24th rank run D in Oakland?? How many TDs has SF scored in the 2nd half?? That has a lot to due with the lack of adjustments...

Why have they not run plays to the strengths of their QB?? Seattle is doing this and winning games. They rely on their good D and Wilson at least moving the ball with little TOs. That's all Kap has to do! He shouldn't have to be asked to carve up a secondary behind a awful line, HC/OC game plan and make adjustments based on what they have and use the strength of the team! Jim and Roman have not done this....... #HireHolmgren

Seattle realized Lynch was their bell cow and that without the threat of play action and rolling out Wilson becomes ineffective, so they embraced it and took the pressure off WIlson.

Our coaches realize the same thing but do the exact opposite. Ignore the running game and lay more responsibility and pressure on Kap who can't handle it. Lame
I'm more excited about the new Star Wars movie next year than the 49ers. Next year is going to be a mess like the second half of this year.
I hate to say it but running Lynch is a lot better option than running Gore. But I do think their O is better right now. Also they use more read option.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I'm more excited about the new Star Wars movie next year than the 49ers. Next year is going to be a mess like the second half of this year.

I hope you're wrong, I'm scared you're not.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

why?. a new coach, the drama cloud is gone, the drama queens are gone,, get someone in here who can help ck and the offense,, people act like we have some sort of a romper room roster,, sure we may be getting rid of people like brooks, crabs, lupati boone, which are all good things,, and we will have some tough decisions to make on frank and hope for the best on justin, but we are not going back to a two win team,,, i swear some people act like they wish for it

• BobS
  • Veteran
I am really shocked how fast this team went upside down, even though the team is 7-6, if you ignored the record and looked at the recent results it looks like a 2-11 team. It barely beat a now 3-10 team while at home, managed a measly 3 points and less than 250 yards total offense against a division foe (sounds like 2004) then lose on the road to a team than was 1-11 when the game started. This season had more of it's fair share of injuries to key defensive players and inept offense, but I sure didn't think it could end up like this nightmare.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/180529-headed-back-dark-years/
Originally posted by GunDave007:
I hate to say it but running Lynch is a lot better option than running Gore. But I do think their O is better right now. Also they use more read option.

SF's oline is better in run blocking than Seattle. The fact that they move Wilson around making him a duel threat gives Lynch a lot more room to run as well (it opens the field) Defenses have to respect the run of Wilson and they have to decide to go after Wilson or Lynch on those read options. We've seen how effective it could be when SF ran the pistol!
Nah, the 9ers will be back next year, with Harbs or without him. The defense is going to get healthy again. And the bright side of this season is that many rookies got playing experience, so they will be ready when called upon going forward. For this reason, I would like to see some more Patton and Ellington at wr in what's left of this season.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Seattle realized Lynch was their bell cow and that without the threat of play action and rolling out Wilson becomes ineffective, so they embraced it and took the pressure off WIlson.

Our coaches realize the same thing but do the exact opposite. Ignore the running game and lay more responsibility and pressure on Kap who can't handle it. Lame

I'm mean just watch Seattle games. They are spread out and play outside the hash marks, Wilson isn't kept in the pocket (they have a awful line as well) he doesn't have to go through a ton of progressions like Kap. If Wilson was in this same offense people would be calling him out as well....I'm done with this current coaching staff (on the offense).
Share 49ersWebzone