LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

This years reality and facts. Player talk and not coaching. NO FIRE ROMAN OR HARBAUGH TALK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Offensive Line
Boone-Missed all of training camp when they were changing the offense. As a result he is playing like crap.
Davis-Been hurt and has been inconsistent as a result.
Marcus Martin-Rookie
Kilgore-Was playing well until injury
J.Martin- Has never been good. Can fill in for a play or two but general sucks.

Tight End
Vernon Davis-Missed training camp when they were changing the offense and as a result he is playing like crap. Also injuries has made him soft. Personally I think he has lost heart.

Running Back
Gore-Has lost a step IMO this year. He doesn't have the burst he used to have. And with the inconsistent Oline play and injuries the holes just are not there like they used to be.
Hyde-He needs to play more.
Hunter-Tough loss. When people talk about why we don't run any screen plays. His injury is the reason why we don't. When you run a screen you need a back who is quick and has a quick first step and is shifty. Gore is to slow to run any screens.

Quarterback
Kap- The passing game is primarily a play action passing game and without the Oline you cant run and then you cant play action.

Wide Receivers
Crabtree-Is slow and cannot get off the jam or beat man coverage.
Boldin- Is slow and cannot "consistently" beat man coverage
Lloyd-Good player but there is no timing between him and Kap. Not on same page.
S. Johnson-Good player but no timing between him and Kap.
Others-Haven't seen the field and need to.

Defense:
Good this year and aside from injuries, suspensions, and early poor rookie play they are the only bright side this year. Although the dline play needs to be better.

Because of these reasons listed above I believe that next year will be far better as long the front office doesn't blow everything up.
[ Edited by MarkD on Dec 9, 2014 at 6:43 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Fire Greg Roman
All of our receivers are slow, we have no deep threat, this leaves Kap with less time and options add to that stale play calling and an O-line performing far under its capabilities and it is a recipe for disaster. This team has the foundations, we need an offensive coordinator to cultivate that, along with getting a deep threat WR who can take the top off defences, a QB to develop and a coach that has the locker-room, a long term coach and we will be competitors again. We aren't doomed, no need to throw everything away but rather have a mini transition and draft smart. Sometimes a year like this is needed, freshen things up, show our weaknesses and hopefully improve on them.
stopped reading at NO FIRE GREG ROMAN
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
stopped reading at NO FIRE GREG ROMAN

[ Edited by MarkD on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:05 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MarkD:

Ehhh, criticizing spelling, grammar, and punctuation in a chat-room is a bit sophomore-ish. You put up a nice wall of text I could tear apart with little effort. I make my fare share of mistakes with my non-proofed feedback; as to the rest of us. Sooooo, ya, you may want to reflect on this feedback.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Oh, and.... FIRE GREG ROMAN!!!!
Play calling has always been suspect with Roman at OC.

Couple that with our player issues and you have a disaster of a season offensively.

So, still fire Roman.
  • CMIO
No, disagree. These are just excuses to justify the team's ineptitude. In recent years, I can cite teams like the Packers, Patriots, and even this year's Cardinals as teams that had major injuries but still continued to excel. Although hold outs and injuries exacerbate the issue, our problems are deeper than this. Our recent postseason rubs have masked this team's inability to finish. It's definitely Kaep, but the root problem lies with coaching.

It's tough to key good coaches go. I wasn't happy when EddieD got rid of Seifert and when the Yorks canned Mooch....but it's apparent that Hatbaugh's ship has sailed. And not be he's s bad coach, but rather his loyalty to his assistant coaches over the team that cost him his job.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by MarkD:

Ehhh, criticizing spelling, grammar, and punctuation in a chat-room is a bit sophomore-ish. You put up a nice wall of text I could tear apart with little effort. I make my fare share of mistakes with my non-proofed feedback; as to the rest of us. Sooooo, ya, you may want to reflect on this feedback.

Yes your right I was trying to make a weak joke. I apologize.

• rrx1
  • Veteran
Add onto your list - lots of distractions:

- New stadium (has been a distraction from poor playing field, scheduling events, time obligations, familiarity)
- Suspensions (Ray McD, Aldon Smith) with heavy media scrutiny
- Media "leaks" from within the organization before it even started
Much better then the other post I read
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Your post loses it's credibility when you give Kaepernick a pass on blame. I see plenty of plays where he has 3 seconds + to throw which should be plenty for an NFL quarterback and he still ignores open receivers while forcing the ball to covered ones, throws horribly inaccurate, and stares down one receiver.
Injuries and Aldon gone and Baalke blowing the 1st rounder on a slow skinny tweener and JH/JED/GM drama and Roman has got to go and the OLINE has been Brutally bad that Kap has taken way too many hits and he feels the rush and is not seeing the field. Frank Gore is DONE. He has been done since late last season and why the 49ers decided to pay him $6 mil this year is beyond me.

too much nonsense. Need a reboot with some fresh talent & approach 7 coaching. Gruden Jon Gruden Jon.
Sorry MarkD. All your points are spot on. You should do another for the defense so we can get a better appreciation for how well they performed this year despite ALL of the insane obstacles...starting with the off season losses all the way up to losing Willis, both NT's and having to play a PS CB this last game d/t all the secondary injuries/losses.

The bottom line is, we know EXACTLY what we need to do for next year. The defense has a chance to be the #1 unit next year with a ton of depth. The offense needs a new offensive philosophy, OC, play book, game planner, play calling system, chess player, etc. and a few new parts/tools via the draft/FA. That's it. Period. We JUST need an average offense and we're a 3 or 4-loss team at the end of the year. We'll have our healthy players back and a couple from the I.R. pipeline (Millard and Thomas and Hunter). We will certainly get younger too and those overpriced vets who were playing at PS-levels, will be gone and/or seriously challenged. And that's a good thing!
Share 49ersWebzone