LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

No Huddle Offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kap needs to smile more, it doesn't look like he is having fun playing the game he is so good at. Why don't the coaches have Kap use a no huddle Offense with a short passing game of 5 yard plays to different targets (Backs and Tight Ends) that spread the defense out. Kap needs to put more touch on the ball on short pass plays with a fast delivery. The high percentage completion with low turnover ratio. The Offense also is too Predictable which makes it harder for the O line to block, especially when the other team defenses know that all they have to do is play a Cover 1 or Cover 0, to stop the read option. The coaches should design a blocking scheme for more QB draws with the no huddle (5 or 6 yards is all KAP needs to keep the drive alive). The niners Offense needs to Dictate the Tempo of the Game and keep the Linebackers Chasing the Ball.
Since nothing else has worked this season I have been wondering if the coaches would allow us to try a no huddle offense when it is not dicated by being a 2 minute drill at the end of the half or game. What do we have to lose? Why not at least give it a shot for a series or two. Sometimes it puts the defense back on it's heels and also helps wear down pass rushers to give the QB more time.
They tried that earlier this season. I believe it was in the first half of cardinals game. It seemed to work okay too. Anyone else remember?
If Gore can't run, Kap is screwed. He can't carrry the team unless there's a gimmick no has thought of yet.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The two minute quick hit offense got us a 14 pt lead in AZ. Our standard offense got us a 23-14 loss. I'm pretty sure we've scored a few other TDs in 2 minute situations. Its what Kap has done best this season, so of course we don't do it.

The coaching staff is uninterested in doing what works for an extended period of time.
Originally posted by Antix:
The two minute quick hit offense got us a 14 pt lead in AZ. Our standard offense got us a 23-14 loss. I'm pretty sure we've scored a few other TDs in 2 minute situations. Its what Kap has done best this season, so of course we don't do it.

The coaching staff is uninterested in doing what works for an extended period of time.

LOL, this, its almost like they are seriously trying to self destruct or something. At this point, they might as well just let it all hang loose, run the no huddle, the 2 minute offense, just do whatever, have Kaepernick run all over the place. If they can't win games, at least try and let guys have some fun and make some plays, the crap they've been running lately is abysmal.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
They don't even hurry and run no huddle when we are down 2 scores with 5 minutes left, I don't understand the lack of urgency.
Originally posted by GunDave007:
They tried that earlier this season. I believe it was in the first half of cardinals game. It seemed to work okay too. Anyone else remember?

asking us if we remember, i think we might have some recollection
Originally posted by Antix:

Interestingly most QB's also call their own plays in a 2 minute drill.
Originally posted by BobS:
They don't even hurry and run no huddle when we are down 2 scores with 5 minutes left, I don't understand the lack of urgency.

once i saw that, then i knew it was all coaches..thats fkn us up

M.youtube/watch?v=CtyN49CiYm8

York is f**king up
Baalke is f**king up
Harbaugh is f**king up
Roman is f**king up
Kaepernick is f**king up
Even the lanscape crew is f**king up
[ Edited by ricmsr on Dec 9, 2014 at 10:54 PM ]
we prefer the no td offense over the no huddle offense
Originally posted by crabman82:
we prefer the no td offense over the no huddle offense