LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

taking distaste to a whole new level

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To start i never had faith in kaepernick. i watched him play for the Wolf pack here for 4 years and cursed the day we drafted him. hes a legend here and for that reason there are a ton of band wagon fans following the 9ers here in the Biggest Little City. buuuuut imo gimmick offenses dont translate to the nfl and that's what he ran here in Reno under the legend Chris Ault. the speed of the NFL is just to great compared to the college ranks and the pistol offense never worked well against top teams (see boise state during Kaepernicks tenure, 1-3). However, after Alex was ousted we had no choice really but to hope for the best in his "potential" and athleticism to become the field general he is/was touted to be. i dont feel the future looks all that great seeing as in how our offense has not been the dynamic explosive threat that was promised by Jim with #7 at the helm . this season has been a let down no doubt but this article is causing some hype and many say its making our fan base look bad.

what do you think about this?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2293323-49ers-fans-torch-colin-kaepernick-jerseys-after-loss-to-raiders?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
booing the "other QB" on national TV was worse
Originally posted by jreff22:
booing the "other QB" on national TV was worse

well at least booing wasn't burning away money lol. its not my money but damn, i mean i still have my owens jersey..... in some box in the attic
He will favorite them on his twitter for motivation.
II think it's stupid to burn Kaps jersey. Why don't you burn a 49er Polo while you are at it in protest of Roman and Burns some Khakis for Harbaugh. First thing that came to mind was "bandwagon fan" when I first saw this. Probably former Raider fans that got pissed when they switched teams and we lose to them. Smh.
Unless you are a female or 12-year old boy, who was naive enough to get a Kaepernick jersey? We have so many All Pros on the roster to choose from.
[ Edited by MELGIBSON01 on Dec 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM ]
I figured he would struggle also being the gimmick QB that he was and is. But I just didn't think it would be this bad. We need a QB. We will have a 28 year old running QB next year that doesn't have a clue how to be a QB. It's not going to work out. I understand why they tried. He is a great athlete. He just doesn't have all the other things which are so important to being QB. More important in fact.
The "bandwangoners" are bailing at alarming rates!!! Good! We need to get rid of the riff raff -- But I digress to the Kap issue. I truly can't get it and have to say I fully bought into the whole running QB a few years ago.... Cam, Kap, RGIII, RW.... I thought only the bigger sized QBs like Kap and Cam would last cause they are built like LB's and this league has big men chasing you down. I don't really remember a game since Kap has been under center that we were beat when using the Pistol, or mixing it into our normal smash mouth game and got beat consistently enough to think we need to move away from it. We have really gotten away from our identity and there is obviously no rhythm to what we are doing. Go back to what has made Kap successful and our offense have an identity. Run his big ass as much as we can, mix in play action and smash the ball between the tackles.

On a side note: Kap needs to go back to love being the GUY! He smiled, talked and felt blessed to be in the position he was when he first took over. I do agree with an article that said he has to have the worst looking face in a loss or talking to the media ...... second to MAYBE Eli Manning -- pure douche bag face and reaction. Be accountable and show your maturity. Bottom line is he hates his job and no one will be successful with that attitude! He has IT and has showed it! Sophomore slump?? IDK......
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I figured he would struggle also being the gimmick QB that he was and is. But I just didn't think it would be this bad. We need a QB. We will have a 28 year old running QB next year that doesn't have a clue how to be a QB. It's not going to work out. I understand why they tried. He is a great athlete. He just doesn't have all the other things which are so important to being QB. More important in fact.

Bringing in an offensive minded Head Coach to pander to Kaepernick sounds like a disaster and door shut on this teams run.
Share 49ersWebzone