LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Everyone and their Momma is throwing TD's to running backs. WTf can't we???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I have to say it is just mind boggling how we dont use the RB in the passing game, if anything its an entire demension we have ignored. Before Harbs Gore had a few seasons of 50 plus catches.

When he was young and faster. Not so damn slow. When Hunter wasn't injured and James was playing for us we did use screens. Also we used them more when Smith was the qb because he had the noodle arm. Kaps screens are like one speed-fast&hard.

What games were you watching where we used James on these screens?
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Dec 9, 2014 at 6:36 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wonder how many times this Sunday, willow will hit lynch wide open on the other side of the field for huge gains. The hawks do this every week. Lynch will pretend to block while willow scrambles around, then he'll leak out to the flat. It's a designed play that no one seems to catch on to.

Exactly...this has happened to us at least once a game vs Seattle since gnome took over at qb.
I have a very strong feeling next year is gonna feel like 2011 all over again with the rejuvenation of this team except the offense will look like it's from 2002!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Screen passes. What about those?!

we tried those last game and nothing. i think we dont run those kind of formation a lot so when we do its obvious that its a screen
Roman said earlier in the season, that our short passing game, our screen game, and swing passes to the backs are all hurt by Keap's mobility. See, he feels that with so many defenders in the box, and a spy on Kaep, those plays covered, by scheme, and that we can't run them well. I appears as if he has just given up on calling them.
I guess the Seahawks have some how found a way to get it done, I mean Wilson is a mobil QB, and the run screen, and swing pass, and dump it off al the damned time. Harbaugh was known as deep ball passer in his day, a guy who always looked down field, I think it is scheme, and play calling, that is killing Keeps productivity.
Will Keap eventually have to learn to read defenses, yes, but no need to rush it. He might one day be a deep ball, pocket passer, but coming out of college he was a well rounded, running QB.
We need an offensive style that takes advantage of his physical skills, while he still has them, in time he will slow, and have to become more of a pocket guy. Right now, let him play. I would like to see more pistol, more screen, more fly sweep, and motion from our offense. Harbaugh, should either remove himself from the play calling, or remove Roman from play calling.
The time those two spend, pre-snap is what is bogging down the offense, and preventing any tempo on offense. Speed up the play calling, give the kid a chance to make a pre-snap read. Harbaugh is trying to turn Kaepernick into a new something he is not, and may never be. Vick never learned to read a defense, Steve Young eventually did. Give Keapernick the chance to use his legs while he still has them, teach him to make reads, don't force him.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM ]
I have to say it is just mind boggling how we dont use the RB in the passing game, if anything its an entire demension we have ignored. Before Harbs Gore had a few seasons of 50 plus catches.

When he was young and faster. Not so damn slow. When Hunter wasn't injured and James was playing for us we did use screens. Also we used them more when Smith was the qb because he had the noodle arm. Kaps screens are like one speed-fast&hard.

what the heck does speed have to do with catching the ball, people and our coaches acting like Gore is some kind of crippled grandpa incapable of getting outside the hash marks without a wheelchair...this crap has been going on for four years already
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
i know seriously .....

God damn it why can't we run THAT play more???

Kap will only pass to a RB if the ball goes further than 30 feet in the air so that Kap can show off those muscles he worked so hard to build. I think we should always have him sprint left and throw it back to the RB.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wonder how many times this Sunday, willow will hit lynch wide open on the other side of the field for huge gains. The hawks do this every week. Lynch will pretend to block while willow scrambles around, then he'll leak out to the flat. It's a designed play that no one seems to catch on to.

So so so true.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
what makes this all the more mind bottling is the fact that we send Miller on deep routes.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Dec 9, 2014 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Just more made-up B.S. from the Anti-CK crowd. Again, when the primary read IS a short route (i.e. short underneath drag routecoming across the field with McDonald, Crabtree, VD, etc.) CK has no issues with his passes (maybe a bit behind at times) or a swing pass to Gore, quick-out to Miller lined up wide, etc. he's fine. And please, how effing EASY is it to teach this in practice. CLEARLY, this is NOT part of the HaRoman offense. At all.

Originally posted by znk916:

what the heck does speed have to do with catching the ball, people and our coaches acting like Gore is some kind of crippled grandpa incapable of getting outside the hash marks without a wheelchair...this crap has been going on for four years already

The RB's, TE's and FB's are WIDE open every game we play Seattle. 4 games in a row now. Clearly, this has not been emphasized into the game plan...first read, run or check down. Do JUST this and we beat Seattle. And I'm not joking either.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
What the coaches need to do, and this include Harbaugh, is just to watch the 49ers drive against Cincy in the Super Bowl... this should remind them on how important backs are, and how effective they can be on passing down, and even in the last two minute offense..

This coaching staff needs to also realize that Kaep is having a hard time on a 4 WR - Set... he can not read defenses, and that's the reason why he runs around like a wild deer when he can not hit his initial target under the spread offense..

This coaching staff needs to realize that we can be effective on a regular pro set offense (2 WRs, TE, 2 RBs) even in the 2 minute drill.. just have them watch the film!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Just more made-up B.S. from the Anti-CK crowd. Again, when the primary read IS a short route (i.e. short underneath drag routecoming across the field with McDonald, Crabtree, VD, etc.) CK has no issues with his passes (maybe a bit behind at times) or a swing pass to Gore, quick-out to Miller lined up wide, etc. he's fine. And please, how effing EASY is it to teach this in practice. CLEARLY, this is NOT part of the HaRoman offense. At all.

Exactly man.

I can completely understand not liking his dress attire, ghey as that may be, or not liking his coarse attitude with the media. But, some of you guys just flat out make s**t up.
  • thl408

Exactly man.

I can completely understand not liking his dress attire, ghey as that may be, or not liking his coarse attitude with the media. But, some of you guys just flat out make s**t up.

This was the only LMJ screen (attempt) I saw last season. But screen passes are just a small component of RBs in the passing game. There are so many other ways to get them involved in the passing game that would better fit the 49ers current roster/personnel.

[ Edited by thl408 on Dec 9, 2014 at 10:01 AM ]
The RB's, TE's and FB's are WIDE open every game we play Seattle. 4 games in a row now. Clearly, this has not been emphasized into the game plan...first read, run or check down. Do JUST this and we beat Seattle. And I'm not joking either.
Thank you!!!...last years NFC Champ game...last drive, last play on the dumb tipped INT...look to the right and Quinton Patton is sitting there wide open with no one within 10-15 yards of him!!! Could have easily gotten within 5 yards of scoring if not scored!...worse case, 1st and goal at the 5! But then again we had the same damn thing in the SB against the Ravens and couldnt score. FML.
Share 49ersWebzone