LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

I am done with Kawakami from the News Feed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IEAD:
I really can't remember another time that the media has had such an agenda to destroy a team or player since Barry Bonds.

Yea, it's so weird. Last year Timmy was writing about the 49ers wanting smith gone and "no way" they exercise the option on his contract. According to anonymous sources, of course.

Then, when exactly the opposite of that happened he's virtually accused Baalke and Aldon Smith of being intimate and "no way" Baalke gets rid of him because that's his prized pig and BFF. Also, backed by anonymous sources.

Now he's stirring the pot that Baalke holds Aldon above all of the other players which is a load of crap but I'm sure it will be national news before the next football season starts.
Originally posted by OneMoreRing:
Originally posted by 16for6:
meanwhile, he writes a great piece about Frank Gore making a case for the HoF.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/20/frank-gore-3/

Um, so? Nobody said he couldn't at some point write something good about somebody. The point is that he is a bitter, negative, human being who actually enjoys it when the 49ers lose and have problems. The more problems our team has, the more he enjoys it and you can clearly see this by how many more blogs he writes and how much more animated the little troll is when the niners are losing compared to when they are doing well.

He can have a little private blog where he hates on the niners all he wants - first amendment and all that. I just don't think he should be payed to constantly write vendetta driven subversive crap at us fans, when we are the ones buying and clicking... Why is this guy getting a paycheck from the merc? How many other decent people that are both critical and intelligent and have journalism degrees are out there that would like this job? No more little scumbag, please.

But then you'd be ignoring the good pieces he writes about the players...

Not ignoring - I just don't think one positive column out of 20 or 30 vendetta driven ones really matters or warrants any credit. Hitler was a vegetarian and loved dogs, wow why don't we give him more props for that!

Maybe what he's writing about is actually true...

Um, so? Nobody said he couldn't at some point write something good about somebody. The point is that he is a bitter, negative, human being who actually enjoys it when the 49ers lose and have problems. The more problems our team has, the more he enjoys it and you can clearly see this by how many more blogs he writes and how much more animated the little troll is when the niners are losing compared to when they are doing well.

He can have a little private blog where he hates on the niners all he wants - first amendment and all that. I just don't think he should be payed to constantly write vendetta driven subversive crap at us fans, when we are the ones buying and clicking... Why is this guy getting a paycheck from the merc? How many other decent people that are both critical and intelligent and have journalism degrees are out there that would like this job? No more little scumbag, please.

Not ignoring - I just don't think one positive column out of 20 or 30 vendetta driven ones really matters or warrants any credit. Hitler was a vegetarian and loved dogs, wow why don't we give him more props for that!

There may be truth there but the energy the guy writes with is vindictive and miserable and it is clear that he is not impartial in the least - he actually likes it when the niners have problems and he enjoys it when the niners are losing - he should not have a job in the local market if that's his jam.

I think you are a troll with an agenda, don't think you are a niner fan - not going to engage you unless you actually have anything intelligent to say (and you're little snippets make me think you really don't )

Well, considering that he's been very wrong several times I don't think anyone can say that history is in his side here.

And even if he happens to be right, broken watch, twice a day and all that.
  • rrx1
  • Veteran
Kawakami feasts on negativity. But it's the organization that's been feeding the media beast. All this negativity is on the organization. The members of the media are just doing their jobs.

No one would be reporting that Harbaugh is as good as gone within 48 hours of the Cards game unless someone actually volunteered that information to Jay Glazer. Harbaugh's "it's been going on for 12 months" slip regarding the media leaks in today's press conference is pretty telling what's actually happening.
Originally posted by rrx1:
Kawakami feasts on negativity. But it's the organization that's been feeding the media beast. All this negativity is on the organization. The members of the media are just doing their jobs.

No one would be reporting that Harbaugh is as good as gone within 48 hours of the Cards game unless someone actually volunteered that information to Jay Glazer. Harbaugh's "it's been going on for 12 months" slip regarding the media leaks in today's press conference is pretty telling what's actually happening.
i can start media leak...and i have no source whats so ever
Kawakami and Ratto are negativety whores
  • rrx1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

As much as we discredit the media - they've got better sources than we do. Put it this way -Deion Sanders was reporting smoke before any of us could see the fire. We lambasted him for making stuff out. In hindsight, he was right on the money. He can't see the future - he obviously had information that you and I do not have access to.
I'll never read another Kawakami article...his hate on the Niners was disgusting, despicable and unprofessional. I hope he's happy...he'll get one of his wishes when Harbaugh leaves. But, he'll still hate on Jed, Baalke and probably whoever the new head coach is. His glass is always half-empty WRT anything Niners. What a shame...it must be a bee-atch to go through life like that. Matt Maiocco and Matt Barrows are my go-to guys on the Niners...they're tremendous professional writers, who don't let their emotions control what they write. Thank God for them. Screw Kawakami...he's a loser.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'll never read another Kawakami article...his hate on the Niners was disgusting, despicable and unprofessional. I hope he's happy...he'll get one of his wishes when Harbaugh leaves. But, he'll still hate on Jed, Baalke and probably whoever the new head coach is. His glass is always half-empty WRT anything Niners. What a shame...it must be a bee-atch to go through life like that. Matt Maiocco and Matt Barrows are my go-to guys on the Niners...they're tremendous professional writers, who don't let their emotions control what they write. Thank God for them. Screw Kawakami...he's a loser.

lol Maiocco is vanilla as f**k. The only news he breaks is the info on Harbaughs chipped tooth. Dude is a paid shill, York bought, through and through

Originally posted by rrx1:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

As much as we discredit the media - they've got better sources than we do. Put it this way -Deion Sanders was reporting smoke before any of us could see the fire. We lambasted him for making stuff out. In hindsight, he was right on the money. He can't see the future - he obviously had information that you and I do not have access to.
he's just following TK just like all the other medias so called sources....TK has been doing this crap every year
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Kawakami the hapless loser troll, needs a real life Clint Eastwood after him.. The Clint Eastwood from the movie Gran Torino..

Oh, you said that?

There may be truth there but the energy the guy writes with is vindictive and miserable and it is clear that he is not impartial in the least - he actually likes it when the niners have problems and he enjoys it when the niners are losing - he should not have a job in the local market if that's his jam.

I think you are a troll with an agenda, don't think you are a niner fan - not going to engage you unless you actually have anything intelligent to say (and you're little snippets make me think you really don't )

Wow... I'm sorry that you say hateful things about people you don't know. It must be tough to be you.
Wow... I'm sorry that you say hateful things about people you don't know. It must be tough to be you.

Yawn...have you got anything worthwhile to say? If you like Kawakami enough to get on here and defend him, then go ahead and defend him. If you are not going to do that, then please stop throwing out half-assed one sentence blurbs in his support. It makes your motives look suspect.

Yawn...have you got anything worthwhile to say? If you like Kawakami enough to get on here and defend him, then go ahead and defend him. If you are not going to do that, then please stop throwing out half-assed one sentence blurbs in his support. It makes your motives look suspect.

No it doesn't. You just can't get past the fact somebody might disagree with you. Like the Mercury News or its readers, for instance.
[ Edited by 16for6 on Dec 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone