LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

Hot Head Jed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hot Head Jed???
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Originally posted by susweel:
Jed dont curr the seat licenses are already sold.

Good point... now it makes even more sense! cheap ass Jed

BS. He absolutely cares. York was sick to his stomach watching that "offense" on Thanksgiving, seeing all the hard work he put into that stadium get flushed this season by a team that did NOTHING all year on offense at home to keep fans interested in the game. It's why he tweeted an apology. He wants to win the Super Bowl, desperately so. And at this point he probably feels deceived by Harbaugh re: the offense he was told would be brought in (West Coast). Instead, he now has an offense that scores 18.8 PPG - .less than Singletary's 2010 club at 19.1 PPG. All of this, if anything, is far too familiar to him in a negative sense.
but Harbs has won in the playoffs, every year he has won in the playoffs so your argument is invalrod.

I agree...
2011 - we got to the NFCCG a year early, nobody gave us chance that year. and we lost it on a Kyle Williams Muffed Punt. - Successful season

2012 - The one that got away - should have won that won but we came out flat in the 1st half and still almost pulled it off with one hell of a comeback- Def not Marty Ball.

2013 - coming off super bowl let down that statistically most teams hardly even make the playoffs following a SB loss. We get all the way back to the NFCCG after nothin but road playoff games and were leading the Seahawks in the 4th qtr in Seattle. The ref's didn't help at all plus we loose bowman to horrible injury. We simply ran out of gas.

2014 - This team has been decimated by injuries - ownership is sabotaging the coaching staff underhandedly thru the media. and this team still has winning record. What more can JH do ?
Originally posted by captveg:
BS. He absolutely cares. York was sick to his stomach watching that "offense" on Thanksgiving, seeing all the hard work he put into that stadium get flushed this season by a team that did NOTHING all year on offense at home to keep fans interested in the game. It's why he tweeted an apology. He wants to win the Super Bowl, desperately so. And at this point he probably feels deceived by Harbaugh re: the offense he was told would be brought in (West Coast). Instead, he now has an offense that scores 18.8 PPG - .less than Singletary's 2010 club at 19.1 PPG. All of this, if anything, is far too familiar to him in a negative sense.

Jed is that you? ... c'mon dog you can't be calling your coach out on twitter. Maybe you should have sat through the social media class the NFLPA does for the rookies.
This thread is lame. Jed is passionate about the 49ers and only wants them to win. Ridiculous conspiracy theorists are the only people who are posting with any amount of seriousness in favor of the topic of this thread.

Purposely cost himself a chance at a championship after a decade of suck
but Harbs has won in the playoffs, every year he has won in the playoffs so your argument is invalrod.

I agree...
2011 - we got to the NFCCG a year early, nobody gave us chance that year. and we lost it on a Kyle Williams Muffed Punt. - Successful season

2012 - The one that got away - should have won that won but we came out flat in the 1st half and still almost pulled it off with one hell of a comeback- Def not Marty Ball.

2013 - coming off super bowl let down that statistically most teams hardly even make the playoffs following a SB loss. We get all the way back to the NFCCG after nothin but road playoff games and were leading the Seahawks in the 4th qtr in Seattle. The ref's didn't help at all plus we loose bowman to horrible injury. We simply ran out of gas.

2014 - This team has been decimated by injuries - ownership is sabotaging the coaching staff underhandedly thru the media. and this team still has winning record. What more can JH do ?

Fire his OC like the FO wants him to do? Stop ruining his career in SF because of some misguided sense of loyalty to a guy who is a poor performer and to a system that is old and antiquated?
Originally posted by captveg:

Jed is that you? ... c'mon dog you can't be calling your coach out on twitter. Maybe you should have sat through the social media class the NFLPA does for the rookies.

No, I am not Jed LOL. Look, the Tweet was not the smartest move, to be sure. But as a fan it at least let me understand he knows the product isn't to his standards. That aspect of it I appreciate, even if it (rightfully) left him open to criticism.
All I know is that Jed better have a dam good back up plan.

I hate the move to Santa Clara and I hate the direction of this team.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Fire his OC like the FO wants him to do? Stop ruining his career in SF because of some misguided sense of loyalty to a guy who is a poor performer and to a system that is old and antiquated?

I would agree with this... Greg Roman has had long enough and the offense is still under performing with the talent on this team. I agree Roman has to go and we put all this BS behind.
Ill49er = Kawakami?

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Ill49er = Kawakami?

pretty much
Yeah, they sabotaged their own coaching staff on a Super Bowl contender because they don't want pay him $5 million a year. Unbelievable what kind of nonsense I am reading on this forum today.

The last time I checked, Tim Kawakami isn't the quarterback and Jed York isn't the offensive coordinator. Blame where is blame due, quit creating scapegoats. Roman's fancy pants offense got figured out, he and Harbs failed to develop Kaepernick, Kaepernick for whatever reason seriously regressed, and it's all blown up.

I don't know who is to blame, but it is somewhere in the Harbaugh-Roman-Kaepernic-Mangini-Baalke mess. Not journalists and owners, ball boys and halftime singers.

The next thread will probably somehow blame the cheerleaders.
  • rrx1
  • Veteran
A fish rots from the head. This year has shown that Jed York lacks the acumen to manage high profile personalities. The fact that he's allowed the front office to feud all season long and even taken clear sides in this dispute shows a complete lack of leadership and management skills. I'm not questioning Jed's desire to win. However, what he's doing right now shows the dangers of having strong desire with no experience to fall back on. It has nothing to do with his age and has everything to do with his actual "work" experience. Being handed the CEO gig of a billion dollar corporation without having to earn it is usually a recipe for disaster.

This year is filled with distractions. Aldon Smith, Ray McDonald, new stadium (it's been a distraction in more ways than one), Vernon Davis, injuries upon injuries. As the owner, Jed York should not have piled onto the distractions. It is obvious that the "leaks" in the organization regarding Harbaugh losing the locker room are coming from the front office. As the owner, Jed should've put a stop to it before it got out of control. Perhaps he tried and failed - if this is the scenario, it speaks volumes about his inability to lead and manage more experienced men (Baalke and Harbaugh).

To make matters worse, Jed is about to repeat 2003 and 2009. Mariucci was fired for "being too nice and lacking killer instinct". Jim Harbaugh seems like he's being let go for being too stubborn and too much of a dick. Similarly, in 2003, the York's were able to rile up a large part of the fan base that actually supported the sacking of their winning coach at the time. The same thing is happening where people are losing sight of the fact that we have the coach with the best or 2nd best win/loss record over the past 4 years in our employment and we're about to let him go because of a lousy season that's been filled with distractions from the start. We're about to repeat 2009 because we seem hell bent on handing the reigns to an assistant coach that's a good motivator but lacks experience before we've looked at what's available outside of the organization. Experiences and emulation play a large role in how we do what we do. If Singletary's system was dysfunctional and now it seems Jed and Baalke are arguing that Harbaugh's coaching style/system is also dysfunctional, what makes them think that Tomsula will be any better given the only relevant NFL experience he's ever had are under these 2 coaches (NFL Europe doesn't count)?
Originally posted by English:
No it isn't. It is assumption. Your assumption. Encouraged and led on by the poisonous trash writers.

Right now there is another interpretation. That Jed wants the O to perform and is frustrated about Garbaugh's misplaced loyalty to Roman.

And lol at the people bringing back the stale old myth about the York's pennypinching.. This one has been well and truly busted previously but like all good Conspiracy Theorists you just walk away from it, leave it for a while then trot it out again. It's still baloney.

What if Harbaugh is just a major dick, to such an extent that he's impossible to work with.................not sure why people think any organization would put up with that for a long period of time. He could just have one of those personalities that absolutely drives people nuts and will limit his time with any one team. Only the future will tell, if he goes to say...Oakland and in a few years we are hearing rumblings about problems with Harbaugh and issues with the front office, is it a front office conspiracy or is it more likely that Harbaugh will never be a long term solution for anyone.
The problems are primarily on the field, not off it.
Share 49ersWebzone