What's up Fellas,

In a few other threads this morning, a few zoners and I came to an agreement that many of us don't even talk about. And I think it's a very BIG issue.

There's got to be more than just Kaep not executing, or blaming Harbs, and Roman for every blunder that we have on offense.

Lets rewind to look at past so we can understand the present.

Kaep was our backup, and when Smith went down, he took the world by storm. Still had Alex helping him in the background get a feel for the game. After taking over, man after the Bears game, watch out. Kaep was slicing and dicing, seemed like he was a track star running against a bunch of men on crutches. He was that explosive..(But behind the scenes, he wasnt given the entire playbook. It was use those legs and big arm as early and often as u need too). There was not much tape on him, for anyone to gameplan around....

Now Kaep's first full season. Came out swinging against Green Bay, then went on a little losing streak, then we got back on track to lose in the playoffs. Why did we have that sudden win streak after the losing streak... two words.....SHORTENED PLAYBOOK.......

Now this season, Id figure, the playbook is a treasure pot now, for us this year to do all the things we have ever wanted with a QB that has the arm, and legs to take us back to the promise land...Then we win a few, lose a few, win again, then lose again. Now this is the landscape of the NFL, but now it's the way we are losing. We aren't losing by 1 or 2pts a game, and fighting every minute of the game. Offensively we seem stuck, and lost, and not too much imagination.

Then a few days ago, I read where it says that we have simplified, dumb down, or lessen the playbook again. Now I played high school, and a little college ball, and even tried CFL.. Things didn't pan out unfortunately, but one thing i knew. The more open the playbook the more creative you can be, the less plays and the more modern and predictable you will become.

We shortened the playbook with his half a season a few years back... Dialed it back in his first full season last year.... Now dialed it back again in his second full season. That to me isn't progression, it's regression.

Every week we talk about the calls and such, but if your choosing from a very limited playbook, wouldn't that hamper on how many plays you can truly run. Now the main question we don't know is, "Why is the playbook continuously getting dialed back?"...Teaching issue, QB comprehension issue, or maybe even offensive team as a whole not being able to grasp. (The last one I have a hard time believing because we had a working formula that helped get us to the promise land since Harb's came).

So once again, we point fingers all the time, and try to figure out why it is,,,, but could a big reason for our offensive ineptitude be because of the minimal playbook???

What do you guys think????