LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Missing playoff a good thing?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
When I started this I thought Since Jim is most likely gone missing the playoffs will give us faster access to every available candidate.

Now that I am typing I realize if Baalke was intent on trading Jim after last season but ended keeping him when the trade fell through. He must have had a candidate lined up that he wasn't worried about losing. I think Tomsula or Fangio are most likely the 2 he has in mind.
yes missing the playoffs is always a good thing................gtfo
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i have NO time to figure out this "logic"
if you're like me and believe harbaugh was moving on regardless because he is like that (think parcells) then ya missing the playoffs makes it easier to move on than making it for a 4th year and looking knee jerkish and canning the coach a la mooch.
no
No, it is not a good thing. The goal is to win a championship.
If we keep playing like this we should end up with a top 16 draft slot. We should be able to land a top WR in round 1 and be positioned in round 2 to get a top player for the O-line or D-line.
  • CMIO
The only "good" thing about it is not having our hearts broken in the first round vs a team that boasts far inferior talent, like the Cowboys or Lions. Other than that, nothing good about having your season end three quarters of the way in.

Just an awful season IMO. Nothing good came from it...just straight up disaster
Only if you're blow this thing up and start over right, otherwise, no.
Definitely don't want to miss the playoffs or want us to lose games but there is no way this team can win a Super Bowl this year. So it really doesn't even matter.
[ Edited by HarbaughzDeep on Dec 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM ]

If you're looking for a silver lining sure, but we all expected a deep run into the playoffs this year and this season has been so agonizing watching the Niners lose to bad teams.

Philly and Dallas fans are prolly wondering why they didn't get the play these Niners.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
missing the playoffs is a failure for this entire team from the highest position in ownership to the lowest groundskeeper.

Lets hope this isn't the start of another decline like the last garcia TO year.
It's never a good thing! That's like saying is screwing a virgin a bad thing? Hell no!
it's probably a good thing. making it to 3 nfc championship games takes a toll in the players bodies. more time for the players to heal and make a run next season.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
yes missing the playoffs is always a good thing................gtfo

Lol... Exactly what I was typing....
Share 49ersWebzone