CALM DOWN!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by cciowa:
all i got to say is if Jh does not want to be the coach then fire him monday. if losing him is the price we pay for dumping roman, sobeit and get someone like gruden who could help ck.. for those of you who pooh pooh that idea,, please tell me exactly how jh and roman the toxic twins have helped romo this year and esp the last two games. i am not pleased with the way this team is not ready to play the game, its just like when Mike S was our coach, that is on Jh and his fat little henchman. why f**k around and wait till the season is over, fire him, them right now

he wont be back, but he also wont be fired tomorrow. theres nothing to gain. time to ride out the final 3 games and move on after the new year.
i guess, it would send a message and crush jims big ego. as bad as we are playing right now, i say why wait. why give them the satisfaction of three game job security. remove the dark cloud now , maybe the guys would play a little harder and maybe we could get plays in on time

as bad as this has gone he has earned the right based off of 2011-2013 to finish out the final 3 games of a season thats going nowhere.
i am trying and maybe i am just pissed,, but i really really can not agree with you
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
all i got to say is if Jh does not want to be the coach then fire him monday. if losing him is the price we pay for dumping roman, sobeit and get someone like gruden who could help ck.. for those of you who pooh pooh that idea,, please tell me exactly how jh and roman the toxic twins have helped romo this year and esp the last two games. i am not pleased with the way this team is not ready to play the game, its just like when Mike S was our coach, that is on Jh and his fat little henchman. why f**k around and wait till the season is over, fire him, them right now

he wont be back, but he also wont be fired tomorrow. theres nothing to gain. time to ride out the final 3 games and move on after the new year.
i guess, it would send a message and crush jims big ego. as bad as we are playing right now, i say why wait. why give them the satisfaction of three game job security. remove the dark cloud now , maybe the guys would play a little harder and maybe we could get plays in on time

as bad as this has gone he has earned the right based off of 2011-2013 to finish out the final 3 games of a season thats going nowhere.

Bs he didn't earn any right. This is the NFL. If he's done then make the change now and see was fangio can do as coach. Why freaking wait ?

whats their to gain by doing it now? f**k up the D cus fangio now has other s**t on his plate due to never being an nfl head coach and having an adjustment period.

I mean if we were to fire Jim on monday (which I doubt), then it would give us a jump on finding our next HC. I think everyone should ask themselves one question... if we had won the super bowl in 2013 would you still want Jim/Roman/Kap gone?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think the team just isn't inspired to win a SB. They've been close 3 years and all those games are staring to take a toll. Maybe watching a team they think they're better than wina SB will inspire them. But right now they look like a bunch of rich fat guys playing pattycakes.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

I mean if we were to fire Jim on monday (which I doubt), then it would give us a jump on finding our next HC. I think everyone should ask themselves one question... if we had won the super bowl in 2013 would you still want Jim/Roman/Kap gone?

the guys in the FO know he is gone, jim knows he is moving on (think he has been on this mind set for a while) my point is its possible to be reaching out to guys, building a HC wish list etc while harbaugh coaches out the string, it happens all the time in the nfl. firing harbaugh now doesnt get a head start on anything as the new guy wont coach these final games.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Normally I would wholly support what the OP has said. Where this all falls apart for me however is the fact that that Niners just lost in convincing fashion to a 1-11 Raiders team when the Niners' season was on the line. That is inexcusable. The Rams just blew out the Raiders last week. There is no reason the Niners should struggle against this team and they did more than struggle. They showed that they didn't even deserve to be on the field with the Raiders.

If I owned the team, I don't think Roman and Harbaugh would make it back to the facility. Maybe I'm overreacting, but this simply shouldn't happen, despite the injuries. A few bad games here and there are acceptable. That can be put on players having a bad game. When it becomes a trend, that's on the coaching staff. The Niners aren't lacking for talent, they're lacking leadership, direction, confidence and planning. Ultimately that falls on the coaching staff.

Look at Arizona. In my opinion, the team is absolutely terrible after their rash of injuries. But they're winning games because they're playing inspired football as a result of a coaching staff they believe in. Does anybody seriously believe Stanton is a QB that can take a team to the playoffs? I sure as hell don't, but the Card are proving everybody wrong.
Here is the thing about AZ; They have been quitely having some nice drafts and stock piling depth. Not to mention they have Bruce Arrians and Todd B on their staff, and both if those guys are great at what they do. As far as losing Carson... he was a weak link imo. I like Drew better. At the end of the day we had some issues we need to iron out and I trust Jim to do that. As far as a Roman goes, yes this season has been horrible but I know we have everything in our playbook we need to be explosive but our personel needs to be fixed first.

I won't argue that Arizona has had solid draft picks, but your point about Arians and Bowles seems to solidify my point. The Niners aren't lacking for talent. They're lacking direction from the coaching staff.

If Arians can lead a Stanton/Palmer combo to 10+ wins, there is no reason this Niners team shouldn't exceed that. I know defensively the Niners have dealt with a crazy amount of injuries, but the Cardinals are dealing with something similar and still playing to a high level. The Niners offense for the better part of the year has been healthy. The dearth of scoring as a whole this season is indicative of a coaching staff that has lost direction, and no longer knows how to effectively utilize the talent on the roster.
the guys in the FO know he is gone, jim knows he is moving on (think he has been on this mind set for a while) my point is its possible to be reaching out to guys, building a HC wish list etc while harbaugh coaches out the string, it happens all the time in the nfl. firing harbaugh now doesnt get a head start on anything as the new guy wont coach these final games.

I agree for the most part, I just think the front office needs to show a power play that mediocrity isn't acceptable. Perhaps it sends a wake up call to the entire organization that you better pick it up if you value your job. The team has talent. It is the job of the coaches to ensure the talent performs at the highest level possible. This is not happening with the current staff.

I agree for the most part, I just think the front office needs to show a power play that mediocrity isn't acceptable. Perhaps it sends a wake up call to the entire organization that you better pick it up if you value your job. The team has talent. It is the job of the coaches to ensure the talent performs at the highest level possible. This is not happening with the current staff.

parting ways with a coach who went to 3 nfc title games in 3 years and 1 super bowl after 1 non-playoff season is a power play make no mistake about it. no coach ever did that and a lot of coaches with less success in 4 years never even hear whispers of their job security. look at mike smith in atl, some good years in his first 4 and some average ones. not a peep about his job security. moving on from harbaugh after 3 great years and 1 bad one is a big power move. theres no need to do it now. let him coach 3 more games while you makes moves behind the scenes for the next guy.
Think long term. Next year we get Bowman and Willis back. Strength of schedule will be on our side too. If we can manage to keep fangio and get someone in here can take advantage of what talent we do have on offense we will be in really good shape.

The team has looked unprepared almost all season long. They've been out schemed, out coached, and out hustled all year..........They look like a team that hasn't been practicing

I'm so pissed.
parting ways with a coach who went to 3 nfc title games in 3 years and 1 super bowl after 1 non-playoff season is a power play make no mistake about it. no coach ever did that and a lot of coaches with less success in 4 years never even hear whispers of their job security. look at mike smith in atl, some good years in his first 4 and some average ones. not a peep about his job security. moving on from harbaugh after 3 great years and 1 bad one is a big power move. theres no need to do it now. let him coach 3 more games while you makes moves behind the scenes for the next guy.

I'm not really thinking York should can Harbaugh right now. I'm thinking he should get rid of Roman just to save face within the organization. The season is done barring something extraordinary. I think it's pretty clear Harbaugh will be done after the season is over, regardless of what happens. I just think that because the Niners had such a poor showing against the Raiders the front office has to do something to show this kind of performance is unacceptable and no one is indispensable. For full disclosure, up to this point I have been an adamant supporter of Roman. I just thought the team had been underperforming at a player level.

This far in the season it can't simply be the players not playing well. It's a systemic issue.
Ever since the Harbs to CLE rumors, everything surrounding this team has been negative. Hard to succeed in such a toxic environment. The World Vs. Us. It was easy for everyone to pile on. Now, we have our own fans piling on as well. Wiinning breeds contempt and it comes with the territory. Big fan of calming down, big fan.
Normally I would wholly support what the OP has said. Where this all falls apart for me however is the fact that that Niners just lost in convincing fashion to a 1-11 Raiders team when the Niners' season was on the line. That is inexcusable. The Rams just blew out the Raiders last week. There is no reason the Niners should struggle against this team and they did more than struggle. They showed that they didn't even deserve to be on the field with the Raiders.

If I owned the team, I don't think Roman and Harbaugh would make it back to the facility. Maybe I'm overreacting, but this simply shouldn't happen, despite the injuries. A few bad games here and there are acceptable. That can be put on players having a bad game. When it becomes a trend, that's on the coaching staff. The Niners aren't lacking for talent, they're lacking leadership, direction, confidence and planning. Ultimately that falls on the coaching staff.

Look at Arizona. In my opinion, the team is absolutely terrible after their rash of injuries. But they're winning games because they're playing inspired football as a result of a coaching staff they believe in. Does anybody seriously believe Stanton is a QB that can take a team to the playoffs? I sure as hell don't, but the Card are proving everybody wrong.
Here is the thing about AZ; They have been quitely having some nice drafts and stock piling depth. Not to mention they have Bruce Arrians and Todd B on their staff, and both if those guys are great at what they do. As far as losing Carson... he was a weak link imo. I like Drew better. At the end of the day we had some issues we need to iron out and I trust Jim to do that. As far as a Roman goes, yes this season has been horrible but I know we have everything in our playbook we need to be explosive but our personel needs to be fixed first.

I won't argue that Arizona has had solid draft picks, but your point about Arians and Bowles seems to solidify my point. The Niners aren't lacking for talent. They're lacking direction from the coaching staff.

If Arians can lead a Stanton/Palmer combo to 10 wins, there is no reason this Niners team shouldn't exceed that. I know defensively the Niners have dealt with a crazy amount of injuries, but the Cardinals are dealing with something similar and still playing to a high level. The Niners offense for the better part of the year has been healthy. The dearth of scoring as a whole this season is indicative of a coaching staff that has lost direction, and no longer knows how to effectively utilize the talent on the roster.

We also have to keep in mind that you can't keep running off good coaches, we did it too Mooch and it hurt us. I think if we let Jim go it will be hard to find a better coach and staff this offseason.

I'm not really thinking York should can Harbaugh right now. I'm thinking he should get rid of Roman just to save face within the organization. The season is done barring something extraordinary. I think it's pretty clear Harbaugh will be done after the season is over, regardless of what happens. I just think that because the Niners had such a poor showing against the Raiders the front office has to do something to show this kind of performance is unacceptable and no one is indispensable. For full disclosure, up to this point I have been an adamant supporter of Roman. I just thought the team had been underperforming at a player level.

This far in the season it can't simply be the players not playing well. It's a systemic issue.

firing in the OC when the coach has an offensive background and brought him from stanford when he got hired isnt saving face. i'm convinced harbaugh wouldnt fire him now and am semi-convinced he might walk aswell right now if the owner said the OC is gone. thats his guy and he is loyal to fault.
Share 49ersWebzone