LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

CALM DOWN!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Watching the patriots last night didn't help the grief stemming from the loss in Oakland. There is a team that can win a game in any number of ways. The coaching is fluid and opponent dependent. We know, and haven't known anything of this. Even in winning 13, 11, 12 games under Harbs, we won those games his way for the most part...with few exceptions. Defense who can turn the ball over and winning the battle in the trenches. Road grating run blocking and 2nd and 3rd and manageable....Now that we can't be those things, we can lose to anyone, anytime. We will handle some opponents but get beat by better preparation and in some cases, more physical teams. Peime examples of the latter are our last 2 games played on Thanksgiving. I'm talking Baltimore in 2011 and this year. They knew what was coming, coached for it and were more physical than us and had an offensive scheme to account for our defense that was molded to play SF.

It's an inditement on the coaching staff because to me, shame has been on us all along. This roster is among the most talent laden in the league and IMO, the most so. 8 or 9 players going to the pro bowl every year under Harbs. Can't throw those helmets on the field and expect to win...

Still calm, just realizing this era is over and it's time to capitalize on a great roster.
I'm calm, but to be honest, there's a few things that worry me.
While we might have a pretty talented roster, a lot of those players are either old or coming back from injuries.
Then there's the unknown with our Head Coach. I don't want someone to come in and try and rebuild with his guys, or his QB.
At this point I'd say it's worth the risk of trying to see what a new coach will bring. Harbaugh is not the answer; we know this now. Holding onto him solves nothing. There's the down side to a new coach as has been said, but there's an up side as well.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Niners99:

There's more, but what good will it be... if you're an apologist, you'll keep finding ways to defend Kap / Harbaugh and maybe even Roman to no end.

Roman needs to go, but getting rid of a coach who went 35-12 in his first 3 seasons, and a QB with Kaepernick's talent level isnt a good business model for an NFL team.

The 49ers getting rid of a coach like Harbaugh, especially with the lack of comparable replacements, is idiotic and short-sighted.
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone pointed out the irony of asking people to calm down in all caps with 3 exclamation points?

There's more, but what good will it be... if you're an apologist, you'll keep finding ways to defend Kap / Harbaugh and maybe even Roman to no end.

Roman needs to go, but getting rid of a coach who went 35-12 in his first 3 seasons, and a QB with Kaepernick's talent level isnt a good business model for an NFL team.

The 49ers getting rid of a coach like Harbaugh, especially with the lack of comparable replacements, is idiotic and short-sighted .

Not only is it short-sighted, but why not try to at least trade Harbaugh IF that's the direction the team blindly decides to go.
I'm still for giving him one more year with a new OC. No Mangini(Sp),Morton, hell everyone on the offensive coaching staff, besides Rathman should not be employed by the 49ers the day after our last game.

As for the defense.....

A lot of you seem to be happy with Vic, but honestly I can't stand the way he calls games. I wanna kick my TV every time it 3rd and 5 and our DBs are 10yards off of the WRs, and boom quick little pass, be it a slant, or out route....I can't take it. Then there's the lack of blitzing. WTF....you let a rookie QB(Car) get comfortable and pick us a part. I'm done with him.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone pointed out the irony of asking people to calm down in all caps with 3 exclamation points?

its not irony its comedy

• LVJay
  • Veteran

The 49ers getting rid of a coach like Harbaugh, especially with the lack of comparable replacements, is idiotic and short-sighted.

I know, you're right so, don't sweat me... I always rant like this after a terrible loss. I'll / we'll get over it in a minute
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
I'm just upset that we lost to the raiders, seattle embarrasing us twice in a year ,NOBODY STEPPING IN SHERMANS FACE AS IF HE'S MIKE TYSON,poor poor Frank Gore...and the retarded ass fallout with Jim Harbaugh...

I really liked him as a coach.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 8, 2014 at 9:55 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
What direction should the team decide to move in if we miss the play-offs, which is almost inevitable at this point it seems, unfortunately.

Keep Jim, on the conditions he brings in a completely new offensive coaching staff from top to bottom.

Or is it time to bring in some new blood and start all over again?

Start all over and I will take my chances.

I will tell you why. The demise of the 49ers this season can be blamed on a plethora of things if you really want to dissect it. But, how did it all start and eventually spun out of control to this point ?

Well, in short, it was orchestrated by Harbaugh and executed (or the lack thereof) by Kap if you will. The complete change of offensive philosophy was the biggest mistake committed by Harbaugh. He took away the run game in order to try to mold Kap into a pocket passer. In the process, he destroyed the identity of the offense and once it was clear Kap could not carry out his reads and make throws from the pocket, it basically stalled the entire offense as they couldn't get any form of rhythm going. What made it worse was Harbaugh totally failed to react with his coaching as it became apparent Kap couldn't make that transition into a pocket passer which just sealed the fate for the entire team for the season. What we and the players were guessing earlier on that it was just one or two bad games soon piled up into losses which showed the problem was systemic and far more serious. But, Harbaugh just stayed stubborn and kept his foot down with the new philosophy regardless until he ran the team into the ground to the point when we couldn't even beat a 1-11 team in the Raiders.

So, my point is the players have most likely lost all faith in Harbaugh. Why would the head coach tell the team to keep doing the same thing week after week when obviously the offense were struggling massively ? That is the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and trying to expect different results. Listen, Deion wasn't making sh*t up, that was the general sentiments in the locker room. This has been proven true as the actual facts begin to surface when Frank admitted this is the lowest point of the 49ers. You and I know when Frank can say something like that, it ain't BS.

So, as far as I am concerned even if we were to change OC and other coaching staff, it will simply be not enough cos Harbaugh has already lost the locker room. Come on, the coach has been telling us to do the same thing for the past 13 weeks and we have ended up at 7-6 and we are supposed to keep listening and believing in him come next season ? I don't think so somehow.

It should be noted as this disastrous season unfolded, it brought some major flaws of Harbaugh as the head coach to the fore. Yes, we might have gone to 3 NFCCG and 1 Super Bowl, but he might not be as good as you think he is. If the head coach saw such a serious problem with the offense and still couldn't fix it in 13 weeks, that says ineptitude to me. 4 years down the road, we are still have having the same major problems in trying to score in the red zone ? What has he been doing ? What about this Quarterback Whisperer tale ? Yes, he might have been an NFL QB in the past, but is he really that good in developing QBs ? Was it the right thing to do to coach the instincts out of Kap as he forced Kap to throw from the pocket ?

So, I think is best we move on from Harbaugh, bring in a new head coach and let him choose his own staff and see what happens. Sure, it is a big risk and things may even get worse before it gets better, but in such a situation I just don't see any other viable alternative. Oh and by the way, I was a fan of Harbaugh.
not sure why people are so shocked by this season.. I mean come on folks..the drama started right before the draft. With the rift between Coach & the GM. Then the trade talk, then the off field issues. Then the injuries started to pile up. Seems like they have been sleep walking this whole yr.

Yeah I think all the dysfunction in the offseason even going back to last year with the Browns' rumor of trying to trade for Jim Harbaugh have just taken its toll, combined with regression in the offensive schemes and performances. Everything has been against them this year, including injuries. Should have seen all the dysfunction as foreshadowing to this season.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Niners, who have scored all of one TD in their past 24 drives.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Niners, who have scored all of one TD in their past 24 drives.

Oh, soo they're improving. Don't tell Roman.
Share 49ersWebzone