There are 180 users in the forums

CALM DOWN!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know a lot of you guys are upset and down right heart broken, and that's why the board is filled with tons of negativity right now. It's okay to be mad buts lets be honest with ourselves, the real reason everyone is so upset is because Seattle has had a better season than us two years in a row. But if that's all we are worried about is beating Seattle then we are in this for all the wrong reasons. Our chances of making the playoffs are bleek, I must admit. But even if we fail to make the playoffs that's no reason for us to blow this team up.

Some of the stuff I'm seeing you guys post about Kap is pure turncoat material. I understand a loss to the Raiders and being carved up by a rookie QB is about low as it gets... but I also know this isnt the same team that put us in three straight NFCCG. The cards were stacked against us from the star of the season...

Bowman out
Aldon out
Boone hold out
Davis hold out
Dorsey out
Brock has basically been out all season
Ant Davis has basically been out all season
Willis went down

Not to mention losing guys like Boobie Dixon, Tarrell Brown, and Carlos Rodgers who were not world beaters but were dependable guys who played football the 49er way and always gave it 100%. I don't care who our coach, oc, or qb is... this season has been a tough undertaking for any combo of coach, oc, and qb to over come. I know it stings guys but I think we need to give it at least one more year... even with Roman. I know you guys don't want to hear that but our level of success under this staff has been historic. If you dont think this coaching staff could go to any other team in the NFL and win...your silly. If you don't think Kap would be an all pro QB in the right scheme with the right weapons... your silly.

At this point we have the draft picks, cap space, and position to cut, let players walk and upgrade those positions. We can rebuild our offense and change our scheme all in one off season and rekindle the magic that got us to a super bowl and nfccg with Kap. We just need to add some guys on offense with speed, but also have the skills to run block and play physical. That way we can keep them on the field, speed up the pace of our offense and run a lot of misdirection and play action.

As tough as this season has been just hold on guys it going to get better. We will be in a much better position next season to build something special and win a ring for Pat, Cowboy, and Gore IN LEVIS!!!
With who as our coach?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
With who as our coach?

Jim. I think he will benefit from not playing in the post season and this will give our coaches and players a jump on getting ready for the draft, healing, etc. To comeback next season hungry and ready to win.
the injuries didnt help but arizona also has a s**t ton including to their starting qb and have their bowman (daryl washington) suspended for the season.
im 100% all for this post. 3 nfc championships in 4 years Is something we longed for and to just give up on it is beyond blasphemy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
all i got to say is if Jh does not want to be the coach then fire him monday. if losing him is the price we pay for dumping roman, sobeit and get someone like gruden who could help ck.. for those of you who pooh pooh that idea,, please tell me exactly how jh and roman the toxic twins have helped romo this year and esp the last two games. i am not pleased with the way this team is not ready to play the game, its just like when Mike S was our coach, that is on Jh and his fat little henchman. why f**k around and wait till the season is over, fire him, them right now
Normally I would wholly support what the OP has said. Where this all falls apart for me however is the fact that that Niners just lost in convincing fashion to a 1-11 Raiders team when the Niners' season was on the line. That is inexcusable. The Rams just blew out the Raiders last week. There is no reason the Niners should struggle against this team and they did more than struggle. They showed that they didn't even deserve to be on the field with the Raiders.

If I owned the team, I don't think Roman and Harbaugh would make it back to the facility. Maybe I'm overreacting, but this simply shouldn't happen, despite the injuries. A few bad games here and there are acceptable. That can be put on players having a bad game. When it becomes a trend, that's on the coaching staff. The Niners aren't lacking for talent, they're lacking leadership, direction, confidence and planning. Ultimately that falls on the coaching staff.

Look at Arizona. In my opinion, the team is absolutely terrible after their rash of injuries. But they're winning games because they're playing inspired football as a result of a coaching staff they believe in. Does anybody seriously believe Stanton is a QB that can take a team to the playoffs? I sure as hell don't, but the Card are proving everybody wrong.
Originally posted by cciowa:
all i got to say is if Jh does not want to be the coach then fire him monday. if losing him is the price we pay for dumping roman, sobeit and get someone like gruden who could help ck.. for those of you who pooh pooh that idea,, please tell me exactly how jh and roman the toxic twins have helped romo this year and esp the last two games. i am not pleased with the way this team is not ready to play the game, its just like when Mike S was our coach, that is on Jh and his fat little henchman. why f**k around and wait till the season is over, fire him, them right now

he wont be back, but he also wont be fired tomorrow. theres nothing to gain. time to ride out the final 3 games and move on after the new year.
<---------calm

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

he wont be back, but he also wont be fired tomorrow. theres nothing to gain. time to ride out the final 3 games and move on after the new year.
i guess, it would send a message and crush jims big ego. as bad as we are playing right now, i say why wait. why give them the satisfaction of three game job security. remove the dark cloud now , maybe the guys would play a little harder and maybe we could get plays in on time

Likely right, but I think if I own the team I fire someone simply to show that mediocrity isn't acceptable. Maybe that lights a small fire under everyone and lets folks know that if they don't produce, they're gone.

i guess, it would send a message and crush jims big ego. as bad as we are playing right now, i say why wait. why give them the satisfaction of three game job security. remove the dark cloud now , maybe the guys would play a little harder and maybe we could get plays in on time

as bad as this has gone he has earned the right based off of 2011-2013 to finish out the final 3 games of a season thats going nowhere.

as bad as this has gone he has earned the right based off of 2011-2013 to finish out the final 3 games of a season thats going nowhere.

Bs he didn't earn any right. This is the NFL. If he's done then make the change now and see was fangio can do as coach. Why freaking wait ?
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Normally I would wholly support what the OP has said. Where this all falls apart for me however is the fact that that Niners just lost in convincing fashion to a 1-11 Raiders team when the Niners' season was on the line. That is inexcusable. The Rams just blew out the Raiders last week. There is no reason the Niners should struggle against this team and they did more than struggle. They showed that they didn't even deserve to be on the field with the Raiders.

If I owned the team, I don't think Roman and Harbaugh would make it back to the facility. Maybe I'm overreacting, but this simply shouldn't happen, despite the injuries. A few bad games here and there are acceptable. That can be put on players having a bad game. When it becomes a trend, that's on the coaching staff. The Niners aren't lacking for talent, they're lacking leadership, direction, confidence and planning. Ultimately that falls on the coaching staff.

Look at Arizona. In my opinion, the team is absolutely terrible after their rash of injuries. But they're winning games because they're playing inspired football as a result of a coaching staff they believe in. Does anybody seriously believe Stanton is a QB that can take a team to the playoffs? I sure as hell don't, but the Card are proving everybody wrong.
Here is the thing about AZ; They have been quitely having some nice drafts and stock piling depth. Not to mention they have Bruce Arrians and Todd B on their staff, and both if those guys are great at what they do. As far as losing Carson... he was a weak link imo. I like Drew better. At the end of the day we had some issues we need to iron out and I trust Jim to do that. As far as a Roman goes, yes this season has been horrible but I know we have everything in our playbook we need to be explosive but our personel needs to be fixed first.
Share 49ersWebzone