There are 169 users in the forums

What is the worst 49er loss of the modern era?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the worst 49er loss of the modern era?

Originally posted by Rascal:
The smack downs up at C-link in 2012 and 2013 had to be one of the most embarrassing when you factor in Sherman and his sh*t after the game.

But did you think we would beat them? Not clearly. They were jist beatdowms where we were ouyphysicaled and outcoached.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The smack downs up at C-link in 2012 and 2013 had to be one of the most embarrassing when you factor in Sherman and his sh*t after the game.

But did you think we would beat them? Not clearly. They were jist beatdowms where we were ouyphysicaled and outcoached.

No, I didn't, and I was getting sh*t for it. I already knew in my head they had already surpassed the 9ers after the first beatdown. But, just knowing how much we hate the Seahawks and still not being able to do a thing about it when we got our butts shafted as scheduled was just one heck of an insulting feeling.
Originally posted by 16to87:
super bowl

How is it now always this??? They were 3 yards from winning a 6th ring.

All of the other losses did not guarantee a ring. Even in 91, which to me is the 2nd worst because it would be a 3-peat, the Bills were a really good team, there is no guarantee of anything there. My other worst are the 92,93,11,13 Championship games because when I watch the eventual Superbowl, the Niners should have been able to win all of them. Man, imagine if we the Niners had 10 or 11 rings like we all think they should have.....
lol at comparing a regular season loss to 3 NFCC game losses...this is a lost season...with all the injuries and uncertainty with the coaching staff i think the players finally just said f it.

this is all on jed for letting this go on and get to this point.

he's the owner all the blame for disfunction goes to him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Well, if I had to pick one, I guess it will have to be the 2012 Super Bowl.
Bump for my dude, BuddyRyans.
Originally posted by znk916:
um 1972 is pretty far back, there might be 5 people around here who were alive back then, sorry grandpas

Right, but 11 points up with less than 2 minutes to go - win and the Niners get their first shot at a Super Bowl - and then you lose on two TD passes and a botched on-side kick reception? It definitely deserves to be on the list.

I voted for 91 because who ever gets the chance to win 3 championships in a row - the Niners have basically gifted the NY Giants franchise two Super Bowls.
  • CMIO
Super Bowl loss
Super bowl is tops but getting owned by Seattle and them celebrate on your new field stuffing their face with f**king turkey is going to haunt me until we avenge that loss!
1986 the game against the Giants was like a sucker punch to the face and gut ....worst memory as a 49ers fan

• cciowa
  • Veteran
of course its the super bowl, number one because we do not go to super bowls to lose them,, number two is because the f**king stupid coaches at time who are supposed to do what is best let us down, defensively by having two all pros setting around playing checkers in pass coverage while joe ate us up and ,,,, and on the other side of the ball, you all know terrible display of defense for four quarters by the golden boy f*gio and terrible coaching at crunch time on offense,
It's not even close for me. The NFCCG game loses hurt the most, even than the 2012 SB. To be frank, the SB disappointed me more for the fact that our team never showed up for the first 35 minutes of the game, after having done exactly the same vs Atlanta. The comeback was more of a tease than a kick in the nuts, and though I'm still bitterly disappointed about the playcalling in that last series, I have reconciled myself that if we had won it we would have probably stolen it. We weren't the better team on the day.

The 1990 NFCCG was infinitely worse. We were the better team on the day, on the season, in fact probably better even than the '89 version. The better team lost that day through a combination of Joe holding the ball too long before getting blindsided, going to sleep on that fake punt, and the terribly bad luck of the fumble. That makes the loss hurt so much, because we had it in our hand.

The 2011 NFCCG was almost as brutal because it ruined a Cinderella season. 10 years of sucking turned around starting with that wacky Eagles game, the unbelievable first playoff game in ages with its 4 lead changes in 2 minutes, the sheer emotion and energy going into the game, going ahead on that beautiful bomb to VD... and then despite being obviously the better team throwing it away.

The third most painful loss for me is the '92 NFCCG. I'm still not over seeing that Rice TD called back.
Harbaugh 2012
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
For me it's the '91 NFCCG and it's not even close. The era of my hero with the 49ers died that day.

It's what 24 years later and I still can remember Marshall getting to his feet and blindsiding Joe. The thought of it puts me in a s**tty mood everytime. End of an era last meaningful game for joe, and last game for Ronnie and Roger in niner uniforms.

This, followed by being beaten 40-8 by the Eagles in 1994 when we thought we were unbeatable. The wake up from this probably gave us the incentive to go all the way that year.

Then there was 1987 when an insignificant Vikings team knocked possibly the best 49ers team ever out of the playoffs.
Losing to Seattle in 2013 hurt alot
Share 49ersWebzone