There are 136 users in the forums

What is the worst 49er loss of the modern era?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the worst 49er loss of the modern era?

how about that game where we literally had a farmer or cowboy named Cody I think playing QB in a hurricane vs the Bears and he threw for like 8 yds

I'm pretty sure that was the epitome of hopelessness
Gotta be kidding. This shouldn't be close. '91 cost us the only 3peat ever, AND the greatest QB EVER.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Gotta be kidding. This shouldn't be close. '91 cost us the only 3peat ever, AND the greatest QB EVER.

not all of us were alive back then ok grandpa
How can the Super Bowl not be on this list?
Last 3 postseason losses were worse than today. Why are they not on the poll? First Superbowl loss in our history? But losing today was worse, huh?
Originally posted by znk916:

not all of us were alive back then ok grandpa

So this is the worst loss because its most recent? Did you see the dates of the other options?
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on Dec 7, 2014 at 10:57 PM ]
Are you serious? Did OP even watch the 49ers from 2000-2013?

The last three playoff losses were far worse than today's loss to Oakland, and even worse than half of the list... The fact that today's loss is winning shows just how fairweather/over reactive this board is.

Did it suck? Of course! But a regular season loss will never be worse than a season ending in a championship game without a championship...
1990 nfc title game for me and it's not even close. Lost Joe and the three-peat in a matter of minutes.

The Dallas title games loses, the super bowl and the 1995 divisonal game vs GB are runners up.

I was 8 for the '87 Minnesota game so I really didn't get to grasp the full blow of that game.
For me it's the '91 NFCCG and it's not even close. The era of my hero with the 49ers died that day.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
For me it's the '91 NFCCG and it's not even close. The era of my hero with the 49ers died that day.

It's what 24 years later and I still can remember Marshall getting to his feet and blindsiding Joe. The thought of it puts me in a s**tty mood everytime. End of an era last meaningful game for joe, and last game for Ronnie and Roger in niner uniforms.

#1- 1990 NFC Championship game. Lost Joe and the best chance any team ever had at a 3peat.

#2- 2012 Superbowl. Tarnished the best record ever heard of.

#3- 1992 NFC Championship. Cowboys. Nuff said.

#4- 1997 regular season loss to Bucs. Lost Rice for the year after his stellar record without injury.
#1- 1990 NFC Championship game. Lost Joe and the best chance any team ever had at a 3peat.

#4- 1997 regular season loss to Bucs. Lost Rice for the year after his stellar record without injury.

With your #4 I would add 1999 Monday night game vs Arizona. End of Steve's career and the dynasty. f**k lawerence Phillips!!
um 1972 is pretty far back, there might be 5 people around here who were alive back then, sorry grandpas

Hope you make it that far.

I dunno man, that's a pretty good list but today was pretty bad

I dunno man, that's a pretty good list but today was pretty bad

Yeah, but 10 years from now will it be remembered like the others?
Share 49ersWebzone