LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Are we headed back to the Dark Years??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jwjr49er:
That actually is a very good comparison, I remember those tampa teams had some baaaaad offenses and their defense was big time, very similar. The question is.....who is the "Gruden" that can come in and kickstart this joke of an offense.

That's up to the front office to decide. Can someone like Gase be that guy. He's certainly got a tremendous offensive background, but can he run a whole team, earn the respect of young and veteran players alike and handle the pressure of captaining a team with Superbowl aspirations.

I think it pretty much has to be someone with a strong and modern offensive philosophy.
In my opinion and i don't care if i get bashed for it as long as we have the Yorks leading the team and the team away from San Francisco every year will be the "dark years"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In 2001, Tampa Bay went 9-7, Dungy got canned, the following year they won the Superbowl with Gruden. If the 49ers bring in the right head coach, they could easily be competing for a home Superbowl next season. The offense doesn't even have to be great, it just has to be decent.

That actually is a very good comparison, I remember those tampa teams had some baaaaad offenses and their defense was big time, very similar. The question is.....who is the "Gruden" that can come in and kickstart this joke of an offense.

The bold
Originally posted by LVJay:
In 2001, Tampa Bay went 9-7, Dungy got canned, the following year they won the Superbowl with Gruden. If the 49ers bring in the right head coach, they could easily be competing for a home Superbowl next season. The offense doesn't even have to be great, it just has to be decent.

The bold

no thank you, don't want an old out of touch coach. we need some new energy
The bold

No, Gruden sucked balls with Tampa Bay for pretty much the rest of the time he was there.

I want to see a young guy that can provide that same sort of energy though, a new way of looking at things, a new offensive approach. If Fangio and Tomsula stick around, I have no trouble believing that this defense will be dominant next season, the key is getting the offense up to par and I want an X's and O's brainiac, a chess player, a guy who implicitly understands what the defense is going to try to do, how they are going to adjust and plans on beating them ten moves ahead.

I want someone who will sweat the details, who is incredibly detail-oriented and concise, who will practice the 2 minute offense and other situational football, who won't be afraid to be aggressive and pile it on against a team when you have them down.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Raul98:
In my opinion and i don't care if i get bashed for it as long as we have the Yorks leading the team and the team away from San Francisco every year will be the "dark years"

sucks for you, get rich and move to silicone valley
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

The bold

no thank you, don't want an old out of touch coach. we need some new energy
i want an established coach like gruden,no more taking chances with some unknown or flavor of the month,, esp since we have a roster that could win and its not like we have to rebuild. gruden would come in with more energy than we are seeing from jh,,, the amount of energy from jh in the last two weeks can be fit into a thimble.. the way gruden talks about us and tries not to rip roman when he calls our games convinces me, our job is the only job he would come down from the tv booth for and i would welcome him with open arms and open legs
Originally posted by znk916:

I am proud to live in San Francisco i am not leaving my city like a sell out like the Yorks did.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i want an established coach like gruden,no more taking chances with some unknown or flavor of the month,, esp since we have a roster that could win and its not like we have to rebuild. gruden would come in with more energy than we are seeing from jh,,, the amount of energy from jh in the last two weeks can be fit into a thimble.. the way gruden talks about us and tries not to rip roman when he calls our games convinces me, our job is the only job he would come down from the tv booth for and i would welcome him with open arms and open legs

This. Count me as one of those people that would roll out the red carpet for Gruden in a heart beat if he wanted to coach again.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:

You bragging about your money dude

Nope!
I am proud to live in San Francisco i am not leaving my city like a sell out like the Yorks did.

San Francisco had a million opportunities to keep the team but fiddled around and did nothing, blame morons like Newsome for the 49ers moving out to Santa Clara.

San Francisco had a million opportunities to keep the team but fiddled around and did nothing, blame morons like Newsome for the 49ers moving out to Santa Clara.
I do blame Newsome and city officials but the Yorks had the final say in this. I personally would rather keep the team in a old Candlestick park then destroy 60+ years of tradition by taking the team out if it's rightful city just to have a shiny new stadium with a tower of luxury suites. But the Yorks aren't SF natives so i guess money was more important than San Francisco pride and tradition.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Dec 7, 2014 at 8:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Agreed. I think cowboy comes back for one more season. I don't see him going out like this. I also think they let boldin finish out the last year of his contract.

Same thing I was thinking. Give the Faiders Harbaugh and roman and give the 49ers JON Gruden and with a nice draft and a couple FA signings this team can reboot. I gotta say I am Tired of Baalke and JH and Roman. Start fresh with new GM and HC and OC!!
I do blame Newsome and city officials but the Yorks had the final say in this. I personally would rather keep the team in a old Candlestick park then destroy 60+ years of tradition by taking the team out if it's rightful city just to have a shiny new stadium with a tower of luxury suites. But the Yorks aren't SF natives so i guess money was more important than San Francisco pride and tradition.

When you own an NFL team, you can do whatever you wish with it. The Yorks as the owners made the best choice they could to finally get a new stadium rather than wait for their old stadium to be overrun with sewage like that s**tbox in Oakland.
Share 49ersWebzone