LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Are we headed back to the Dark Years??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't think it's an over reaction to ask this question, especially after a loss to a one win Raider team, given all that has and will happen with this team. A coaching mess, key guys leaving for FA, some of our core group getting long in the tooth and a QB who just looks lost, are we headed for 2003-2010 territory? Thoughts?
Probably. We're going to Mooch this up and break up a good team for nothing.
this is a 7 or 8 win season, i dont think you can look at that and say are we going to suck for the better part of decade? we're headed for a new coach and some new players (bye a lot of the nolan era guys)
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Ask this after 2015. I'm disappointed in this season as much as you but every coaching regime has a losing season I think. Whether Harbs is gone next year or not, this is his losing season.
Yes, we are already half way there
If we don't get a good QB soon yes
Too soon to say. No confidence in Harbs to solve problems.
I am as upset about this season as anyone but one win or not a loss to a pitiful raider team doesn't mean the extreme. Any given Sunday. We all know how the NFL works. The talent gap isn't all that huge from the best team to the worst which is why the smallest things can tip the scale of victory to any team on any Sunday regardless of its record

This team still has way too many all pros returning from injury next season and young talented players to go into another dark age. We should once again have the best quartet of linebackers in the league once they are all healthy. Plus we get Dorsey and big ian Williams. As well as a healthy brock.

This season has been marred with a ridiculous amount of injuries. I think better things will come next season with a healthy roster.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

This. Instead of getting a new oc and some better players this front office might blow it up.
Hope not. What we really need is a new QB. Most of the team is still very good.

I would say yes if this had happened in the past but no. No dark times yet. A few key changes and we're a playoff team next year.
With a healthy team next year our defense will be elite.. The offense? Needs a major overhaul.

Running backs: Gore has aged and Hyde hasn't shown he's an every down back. Need a quick game changing back. Gore prb leads the NFL in no gains on carries.

Wideouts: Possibly the slowest in the entire league.. Zero break away ability and the drops have gotten so bad I don't even know what to think any more... Crabs gone.. We need to replace him with a quick wr via draft.

Tightend: I hate to give up on such a great talent but it appears he's given up on himself and the team so the door is open for Vernon. I want a younger player who is hungry and comes to play.. If the price is right I wouldn't mind if he came back.. Just a puzzling season for Vernon.

OLine: mediocre to say the least.. Staley has regressed..

QB: he's done so much the past 2 seasons.. Me personally I took great joy in watching Kap take us down the field in GB to lead us to the game winning FG that Knocked the packers out of the playoffs.. I'd like to think he's allowed to have a bad season with everything the team went thorough this year.. I'd like to give him another shot with a new OC

Ballke has his hands full to rebuild this garbage offense.
Feels like it. Coach is likely gone. Major question marks at QB. Likely to lose many key players. Harbaugh, Gore, Crabtree, Boldin, Cowboy, Iupati, Brooks..all could be gone..That's a lot of production and leadership missing.

I don't think we'll sink to 2004 levels, we're still more talented than that, but we might need many years to become SB caliber again.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

This. Instead of getting a new oc and some better players this front office might blow it up.

you guys really under estimate harbaughs role in this. this is his O. he brought roman with him from stanford he didnt inherit him. sure some of the play calls sequence wise may be on him but this is harbaughs O. he is complicit in this.
Share 49ersWebzone