There are 163 users in the forums

Do you believe in Kap can be the franchise QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe in Kap can be the franchise QB?

Originally posted by Janitor:
EVERY QB IN THE LEAGUE has a bad season. To give up after one would be silly, IMO.

Is he having a bad year? Yes.

Drew Brees had an off year (albeit he also got injured), and the Chargers gave up on him....how'd that work?

Can't completely drop a guy from one bad season. If he had two poor seasons in a row I'd start listening. Trading or cutting someone after one bad season though is lunacy, at any position.

he wasnt great last year either but he was without crabtree for most of it so guys gave him a bit of a pass. so far with more this year he has done less, coaching or not he has regressed.
He CAN be. But at this rate do I think he will be?

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by crabman82:
EVERY QB IN THE LEAGUE has a bad season. To give up after one would be silly, IMO.

Drew Brees had an off year (albeit he also got injured), and the Chargers gave up on him....how'd that work?

Can't completely drop a guy from one bad season. If he had two poor seasons in a row I'd start listening. Trading or cutting someone after one bad season though is lunacy, at any position.

he wasnt great last year either but he was without crabtree for most of it so guys gave him a bit of a pass. so far with more this year he has done less, coaching or not he has regressed.

lolwut
I think he CAN be.....with a different coaching staff.

I agree. I really think that the Harbaugh "QB Whisperer" thing is utter b******t. I think Kaepernick has a tremendous amount of potential and he can be a franchise QB but only if he's willing to put an enormous amount of hard work into it, no, not lifting weights or running across a football field dragging a tire, but watching film, endless amounts of it, practicing his throwing, improving his accuracy, putting in the time and effort to become a superior quarterback and not just a superior athlete.

That's on him. He has an opportunity this offseason to take his struggles to heart and work to become the QB he is capable of becoming. If not, 2015 could very well be his last season as a 49er.

I do think that the team needs to cater more to his strengths...such as adding some more speed at WR, giving him some better pass blocking...etc, but ultimately, the final steps are up to him and whether or not he wants it badly enough or if he's happy being the goofy guy mugging for photos on Twitter, showing up shirtless on magazine covers and be satisfied with just being what he is now.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM ]
darrell bevell can fix him
Originally posted by Huego:
yes. kap is the best. i love how he's handling the adversity these past two weeks. he's a future HOFer!

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
I think he CAN be.....with a different coaching staff.

This.

Agree with this for sure
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
darrell bevell can fix him

No thanks. Mediocre OC that even Seahawks fans don't like. Their entire offense is predicated on Lynch running people over and Wilson running around and playing chuck and duck.
to me its yes and no, yes i believe he can be a franchise qb, but no not in the typical image of a franchise qb. Im a little lost this season in the major change of game plan and elimination of things that worked for us last two years. Designed runs for example, in the rare situations they have happened this year they have been quite successful, but the lack of using successful plays more then once before there bagged is troublesome. Other teams still use plenty of designed runs for there qbs and they still work very well. Read Option style plays are not dead and they still open more plays when a defender has to now play spy and turns it to 11 on 10. But im just a armchair oc with hope what do i know?!?
  • Huego
  • Veteran
can't wait until i see kap's jersey for sale at Ross for 19.99

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
to me its yes and no, yes i believe he can be a franchise qb, but no not in the typical image of a franchise qb. Im a little lost this season in the major change of game plan and elimination of things that worked for us last two years. Designed runs for example, in the rare situations they have happened this year they have been quite successful, but the lack of using successful plays more then once before there bagged is troublesome. Other teams still use plenty of designed runs for there qbs and they still work very well. Read Option style plays are not dead and they still open more plays when a defender has to now play spy and turns it to 11 on 10. But im just a armchair oc with hope what do i know?!?

More than Greg Roman apparently.
Incomplete grade. The definition of an offensive epidemic is when the entire offense regresses together: HaRoman...every coach on the offensive side of the ball...Staley, Iupati, Boone, Davis, Gore, Miller, VD, McDonald, Boldin, Crabtree, Johnson, Patton, etc. Everyone.

The real question is, "Is this a franchise offense?"

This...
Originally posted by crabman82:

lolwut

you thought he was great last year? if so, we've got different expectations for the qb. save the he won 2 road playoff games cus i already know that happened. i'm talking from game 1 until the end, would say he was great last year? i wouldnt. he was better than this year but thats not saying much.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Incomplete grade. The definition of an offensive epidemic is when the entire offense regresses together: HaRoman...every coach on the offensive side of the ball...Staley, Iupati, Boone, Davis, Gore, Miller, VD, McDonald, Boldin, Crabtree, Johnson, Patton, etc. Everyone.

The real question is, "Is this a franchise offense?"

Could be............ if we had at least one speedy receiver.
Share 49ersWebzone