LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

Kaepernick trade options?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by DVDA:
Trade him and Harbaugh for the number one pick so the team can hire Mark Helfrich and draft Mariota(sarcasm). Seriously though, something stinks at 49ers headquarters.
A Harbaughm?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Remember the Raiders gave up 2 first rounders for Carson Palmer? If only there was team desperate enough to do that here lol

AZ might want him...

They'd have to give up a first rounder (or maybe 2 seconds) if I'm gonna give him to them. I still think we should give another year under a new coach before we cut ties
Kap is NOT a pocket passer. He is running type of qb. Which he was the last 2 years. You try to change him and he starts to think more and rely less on instincts. The results is what we see this season. Regression . Needs to run a lot more. He may become a pocket passer but it will take time. In the mean time leave the kid alone and let him be Kap.
If he still sucks then I would trade or waive him.
Originally posted by mjboot:
Kap is NOT a pocket passer. He is running type of qb. Which he was the last 2 years. You try to change him and he starts to think more and rely less on instincts. The results is what we see this season. Regression . Needs to run a lot more. He may become a pocket passer but it will take time. In the mean time leave the kid alone and let him be Kap.

Kap is just a taller Michael Vick tbh
Trade him for foles. He's perfect for the kelly offense.
Trade him to Kansas City for Aaron Murray and draft picks. Colin backs up Alex and....

...takes his job in KC.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mjboot:

The NFL has and will adjust to one dimensional running QB's. Kaepernick has no future in the NFL unless he learns to be a better pocket passer. If he doesn't he'll be a coach killer everywhere he goes. Just leaves too much on the field.
Coach Killer? what does that make Aldon smith -- the end of the world?
I'm not so sure Kap's potential trade value is clear at all...the best two things he has going for him are his age and health. He's regressed considerably...to be fair, the entire team (particularly the offense) has also. Going against him are his salary, inconsistencies and indecisiveness. He has unique physical tools, but has to return to the fearlessness we saw his first year and a half (or so). He's become tentative, and that's a bad sign for any QB.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say we trade him for Jay Cutler.. straight up..

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Trade him to Kansas City for Aaron Murray and draft picks. Colin backs up Alex and....

...takes his job in KC.

lol
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Trade him for foles. He's perfect for the kelly offense.

I'd be down for this actually.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO. Kaep isn't going ANYWHERE. Period! There will be a LINE of coaches hoping to be the next SF HC/OC. With all this talent, the defense, now high draft picks, cap situation and Baalke, I wouldn't be surprised if that guy has already been hired! But Kaep isn't going ANYWHERE!

I agree completely.

We all sit back and bemoan the terrible season, the OL, the QB, etc., etc., however, any good coach can see how good the defense is when healthy and how the offense has been restricted by lack of a pro level offense, and they will jump at the chance to come here.

This is an even better situation than when Harbaugh replaced Singletary. The core of this team has shown how well it can play. There will be many quality coaches that would come here in a heartbeat.

Kaepernick has to stay whether because Baalke can't get anything for him or because the new coach believes he can salvage him. In either case, I would be shocked if he were traded or released.

For sure. No way this FO is going to get rid of CK after JUST investing in him...that would "look bad" on their parts. Period. It won't happen. But then again, you can never count Baalke out for being bold or making a, "I didn't see THAT one coming"-move!
Share 49ersWebzone