LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

Players/coaches you want gone for next season!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Kap is pretty terrible but I think we should keep him and draft a good qb and get a vet. Let's get us a real NFL offensive mind and get us a real qb compettion. I'm hoping the defense coaches would stay mostly and maybe promote one of the assistant coaches to DC (Tomsula, Leavitt) if Fangio leaves.

I really think Roman and Harbuagh f**ked Kap up. I'm not sure if he can overcome their bad training, but I'm hoping if he gets a real offensive coach he can get better.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Jonathan Martin. Kap. VD. Crabs. Harbaugh. Roman. All the other coaches on offense (NOT RATHMAN).

GTFO BEFORE MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'm willing to give Kap another year, with a new coach, especially OC, and maybe new system, he may thrive.

Willis isn't going anywhere, he is a team leader, and deserves the money, so sick of overhyping Borland. He is good, not great, yet anyway.

If we get rid of Willis, why not Bowman, he hasn't played all year right? (Sarcasm of course).

The guys I think are likely gone are Crabs, Iupati, Brooks, maybe VD(His salary isn't a big deal to me, it is high, but $2M is prorated money, while only $4.9M is savable, plus we have no one capable of being an impact TE right away), maybe Boone(Overrated, his arse never should of sat out).

I want Gore back, I don't want him anywhere else. Cully and/or Cox for right price, not elite money, so $3M a yr at most.

I hope Boldin, and Justin Smith don't retire, and come back for 2015.

Tender Wilhoite, and Nelson as RFAs, and TJE as a EFA.

About it.
Glad you came in here to talk some sense, Willis......really?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Willis has been working on a bad foot for years. It was rather stupid idea not to get surgery in the off-season. But he should be back. Borland is a good backup with limitations. Willis is All-Pro.

I think we can use Borland, Willis and Bowman together, rotate. It is a good problem to have.
Just off top of my head...
I'm fine with both Crabtree and Iupati leaving...both have underperformed and will be looking for top $
I love Brooks but with his cap hit and some of his shennaigans this year coupled with Lynch...he can take a hike
I love Gore and this pains me to say it ...but his cap # is too high, he is getting up there in age and Hyde coupled with Hunter coming back makes him expendable
Roman, Morton and Solari can all take a hike as well
VD has been horrendous this year , but can't afford to let him go...no proven commodity behind him
Enough posters have brought this up, but yea, get rid of Patrick Willis? Are you mad?

On a serious note, the whole offensive staff needs to go, with the exception of Tom Rathman. After this performance, I'm even ready to say goodbye to Jim Harbaugh. Ten days to prepare and this is what we get? This isn't just about Kap here.

As for the team, I'd let Michael Crabtree and Mike Iupati walk. On defense, Chris Culliver likely will have a price tag that is too high and we have a competent backup waiting in the wings (Dontae Johnson) that has earned the right to compete for a starting job with Perrish Cox (I hope he is resigned) and Tramaine Brock (fully healthy next season). Then there are also obvious guys like Craig Dahl who should be let go.

I'm on the fence about Vernon Davis. He has had a terrible year, but who do we have to replace him? Who in the draft can replace him? Davis is staying by virtue of the fact that there is no one else out there. I'd give Frank Gore a one year deal, but I'm hoping whatever coach we have next year will have the sense to do a true 50-50 split. Gore may be older and he has a lot of miles, but there is still some left in the tank. However, I don't like the fact that they aren't running Carlos Hyde more. I get letting rookie receivers develop, but a running back? Come on. That is as close to a plug and play position as you are going to get in the NFL. Alex Boone is baffling. Here's a guy who held out for more money and then had the worst season of his professional career. He should be cut on GP alone. The only thing he has going for him is that the entire O-line has regressed. So it may not just be on him. I almost want to give every play on offense a mulligan because this coaching staff has wasted a year of their lives/careers that they can never get back. Sadly, it is too late for guys like Crabtree.

I think the roster should be tweaked. I think the offensive coaching staff needs to be blown up. I think Vernon Davis and Alex Boone should play out their deals because in the case of Vernon, there is no viable replacement, he will be fully healthy next year, and with Boone the entire O-line has sucked. Also with both players, it's likely they will net the team some type of compensatory pick in 2017. However if the right team came around and offered the right price for Boone, I hope they do it. A fourth or above or a direct trade for a player will do. There is one small caveat with Alex Boone however. Given his ability to slide over and play right tackle, and Anthony Davis's lingering concussion issues, I'm not so sure if we want to get rid of him just yet.

Either way, no matter what we all think, changes are finally coming.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm fine with both Crabtree and Iupati leaving...both have underperformed and will be looking for top $
I love Brooks but with his cap hit and some of his shennaigans this year coupled with Lynch...he can take a hike
I love Gore and this pains me to say it ...but his cap # is too high, he is getting up there in age and Hyde coupled with Hunter coming back makes him expendable
VD has been horrendous this year , but can't afford to let him go...no proven commodity behind him

Frank Gore has no cap figure for next year. I think a one year, $3 million deal would do it. I love Kendall Hunter, but considering he's had two season ending injuries, I would not count on him. As far as I'm concerned, we have one running back on the roster in 2015 and the team refuses to play him. I do not count 5 carries or less a game as playing the best RB in the draft last year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
WTF is Mangina still on the team for. Doesn't Jim Harbonehead know that he's trying to sabotage his dumb ass and doing a fine job at it?!!
Keep Harbaugh. That's all I care about, I rather revamp the team and cut the players who can't take his coaching style then deal with what we went through pre Harbaugh. Only thing that scratches my head is forcing Kaepernick to be a pocket passer when the power O, pistol, and 1 read to Crab or Davis got us to very VERy far....

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Truly one of his best movies

And yes, "EVERYONE!!!!"
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Frank Gore has no cap figure for next year. I think a one year, $3 million deal would do it. I love Kendall Hunter, but considering he's had two season ending injuries, I would not count on him. As far as I'm concerned, we have one running back on the roster in 2015 and the team refuses to play him. I do not count 5 carries or less a game as playing the best RB in the draft last year.

Really? I thought it was about 5-6 mil?
Might be time to clean house like Baltimore and use our young players
Jonathan Martin asap. He should have been kicked to the curb weeks ago, freaking gutless sucker.
I'd rather bring back a 375 lb Bubba Paris.
Entire O-Line -- piece of s**t line -- everyone is to blame cause they were never in sync.

Crabtree, Vernon Davis

Ahmad Brooks
Share 49ersWebzone