LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Why doesn't Bryant Young ever get mentioned?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Are you saying that they should retire Vernon Davis' and Joe Staley's #s?

I am saying they are my favorite TE and Oline.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Was present at that game. An emotional day for sure.
Originally posted by redpops:
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Are you saying that they should retire Vernon Davis' and Joe Staley's #s?

I am saying they are my favorite TE and Oline.

Ooooh I get it. After re-reading your post I see what ya did there....some good choices
97 will be retired. They always just wait a while for some reason.
Just heard on knbr that BY's 14 year old son has brain cancer
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

• 9moon
  • Veteran
so, you all think BY is better than Justin Smith?
Originally posted by susweel:

Really sad. He said there's not much anyone can do, outlook doesn't look good, they are just praying for a miracle at this point.
It's because the Yorks want nothing to do with the SF days of Glory and anything Eddie D touched.

Holy s**t.

Originally posted by 9moon:

I think they were both great 49ers and I would take both of them on my team in their primes. Eff this arbitrary comparison BS.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by 9moon:

I think they were both great 49ers and I would take both of them on my team in their primes. Eff this arbitrary comparison BS.

Exactly!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Sapp as first ballot HOF I believe with 96.5 sacks so no reason Bryant Young at 89.5 or Justin Smith (at 87) now shouldn't be considered and eventually get in. Might take awhile but they deserve it imo. Sure you look at them at 41 and 47th all time but just about all the guys ahead of them played DE or OLB which is much easier to get sacks at than 3-4 DE or NT. Justin got half his sacks at 4-3 DE so might be a longer shot but Young I believe all his came from 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. Did he ever play 4-3 DE? At the very least they both should be borderline hall of very good. I pretty much think of Young as our first Justin Smith. One day I looked up the guys ahead of them for sacks and I believe 5ish or so are DT/3-4 DE guys and all or most were in the HOF.

I loved Bryant young and Justin smith...... But neither were as dominant as Sapp was in his prime.

On a side note, I will never forget how amazing Justin smith played during the 2011 playoffs
Originally posted by susweel:

Really sad. He said there's not much anyone can do, outlook doesn't look good, they are just praying for a miracle at this point.

Jesus no. Well I will pray as well, BY seemed a really good guy and he was a great player.
Share 49ersWebzone