LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Will 49ers Retire Frank Gore's Number?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will 49ers Retire Frank Gore's Number?

Curious to know your guys opinion, if he retires as a 49er I expect us to do so, but what if he plays for someone else before he retires? There have been a lot of good players who's jersey we haven't seen retired.
Pretty good question a very refreshing poll. I believe they should. Not much to argue/debate about in terms of what Frank Gore means to the 49ers. He is the embodiment of what an NFL back should be and was the bright light on offense through many dark years.
I think they should. He has been pretty durable, and like LifelongNiner said, he was really the only good player on offense for a few years. In this age of football, for a player to be with 1 team for 10 seasons or more is rare. Not to mention he has most if not all of the Niners records for running backs. Retire 21!
It's not even a question. They 100% will, it's just a matter of how long they'll wait.

A better poll would be will they retire justin smith's #.
No doubt about it. I've thought it was a forgone conclusion a long time ago.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM ]
Its the least they can do for him, since he never got his SB ring, and probably never will
Isn't their a ceiling on how many can be retired per team? The 49ers have upwards of 10 I think already.
Am I the only one who doesn't like retiring numbers?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's not even a question. They 100% will, it's just a matter of how long they'll wait.

A better poll would be will they retire justin smith's #.

Right...
which jerseys have already been retired? Beside the obvious Montana, Rice

Originally posted by prime21:
which jerseys have already been retired? Beside the obvious Montana, Rice

http://www.49ers.com/team/history/retired-jerseys.html
Think the 49ers have too many #'s retired already
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Plus one.
I agree, too many already retired, but it is Frank.
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Plus one.

It's over done, how do you honor Joe Montana when you also retire John brodies number?

Only numbers that should be retired are 16 80 and 42
Share 49ersWebzone