LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Serious, whats wrong with Anthony Davis and this concussion?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Seriously, what a wuss. I had a major concussion about a yes mom I'll be there for dinner when barbie entered the doll house worked out just fine.....

Lollll
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
I generally don't make light of concussions given that Steve Young's career was ended by one (too many).

Still, I am having difficulty understanding how a large slow mover like Davis sustained such a severe injury. It's generally something that occurs with combination of high velocity and extreme force.
come on man,, even a big guy who gets a knee to the head is going to get a concussion,, head injuries do not care how big of a player who are nor do they care what position you play
I had a concussion when I was in my early 20's. We were playing tackle football and someone horsecollared my shirt and pulled me down. My head hit the ground with a lot of force it made me spit out my saliva and snot came out of my nose (lol!). Immediately, my head didn't hurt physically, but everything was a blur... My thinking was slower and my vision was fuzzy. I had to sit out the entire game and had difficulty driving home that day. I stayed home and couldn't attend college classes for a couple of days.

You don't know how serious it is until it happens to you and see how it affects your everyday tasks. Head injuries aren't a joke.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I had a concussion when I was in my early 20's. We were playing tackle football and someone horsecollared my shirt and pulled me down. My head hit the ground with a lot of force it made me spit out my saliva and snot came out of my nose (lol!). Immediately, my head didn't hurt physically, but everything was a blur... My thinking was slower and my vision was fuzzy. I had to sit out the entire game and had difficulty driving home that day. I stayed home and couldn't attend college classes for a couple of days.

You don't know how serious it is until it happens to you and see how it affects your everyday tasks. Head injuries aren't a joke.
for some reason there is a general lashing out of all players on our team as people look for a way to blame something for our woes as of late, healthy players and it would seem, injured players are not immune
you never wanna f*ck with a brain injury , one more good shot to the head and it's curtains ...nothing wrong with taking precautions , I wouldn't be surprised if Davis sat out the rest of the season, you cant blame him for wanting to live a happy & functional life
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup. We'll see an exodus thats for sure.

All the Raiders fans pretending to be 49ers fans will vanish and the server won't keep crashing as a result...........no wai!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
you never wanna f*ck with a brain injury , one more good shot to the head and it's curtains ...nothing wrong with taking precautions , I wouldn't be surprised if Davis sat out the rest of the season, you cant blame him for wanting to live a happy & functional life

This. Davis has been off anyways this season. Let him and Bowman call it a season and try and get right for the next one.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dude been milking injuries all year.

#teamgonesoft
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Seriously, what a wuss. I had a major concussion about a yes mom I'll be there for dinner when barbie entered the doll house worked out just fine.....

Lollll

One very simple move would help this offense......Move Boone to right tackle and put Looney at guard! Kaep needs protection and J Martin isnt getting it done! Even when Davis is healthy they should slide him into right guard spot and keep Boone at right tackle! Davis would be a better guard since I believe he has a little trouble sliding to the outside! Boone is a very good guard but a better tackle! Iupati and Davis could possible grow into the best tandem of guards in pro football with Looney backing up at both spots! Keep Kaep mainly in the Gun until he develops into a better under center QB! Start pounding the run and start using more quick slants!

Originally posted by BillyWalshJr:
One very simple move would help this offense......Move Boone to right tackle and put Looney at guard! Kaep needs protection and J Martin isnt getting it done! Even when Davis is healthy they should slide him into right guard spot and keep Boone at right tackle! Davis would be a better guard since I believe he has a little trouble sliding to the outside! Boone is a very good guard but a better tackle! Iupati and Davis could possible grow into the best tandem of guards in pro football with Looney backing up at both spots! Keep Kaep mainly in the Gun until he develops into a better under center QB! Start pounding the run and start using more quick slants!

This makes too much sense, Roman won't do it. LOL but yeah I agree. They should kick Boone out to Tackle and have Looney play guard. I think they were worried about Boone playing tackle bc they didn't want to pay him as a tackle and also because they wanted to develop Jonathan Martin. But now that his deal is done they should play him out there! He obviously gets it more that JMartin
Out again..So i guess the question is...will he or Brock play at all again this year?
I don't downplay the severity of a head injury or anything. I witnessed Steve Young's career end because of one. Mike Matheny's career ended from one. Hector Sanchez's season ended from one. The only thing I don't get tho.............After some incidents off the field by former players either killing themselves, or others, they determined they had brain damage. Ok I get that. The only thing I don't get is why does it seem like there are 2 or 3 concussions a game now? I cant watch one game anymore where at least 1 guy doesn't go to the ground and come back with "concussion-like symptoms." Looks like hes gonna have to "go through the protocol." Did something change? Are the helmets thinner than they used to be? Seriously, just a handful of seasons ago or so, and before that, concussions happened still of course but they were nowhere NEAR as common as they are now. Were players just stupid back then or were they tougher? Players today must have been told to exit the game immediately if they see stars for a second. All im saying is that back in the day it seemed like concussions were rare compared to today. Im not trying to come across as an a**hole who doesn't care about player safety, im just wondering why all of a sudden people's heads get hurt so much?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I don't downplay the severity of a head injury or anything. I witnessed Steve Young's career end because of one. Mike Matheny's career ended from one. Hector Sanchez's season ended from one. The only thing I don't get tho.............After some incidents off the field by former players either killing themselves, or others, they determined they had brain damage. Ok I get that. The only thing I don't get is why does it seem like there are 2 or 3 concussions a game now? I cant watch one game anymore where at least 1 guy doesn't go to the ground and come back with "concussion-like symptoms." Looks like hes gonna have to "go through the protocol." Did something change? Are the helmets thinner than they used to be? Seriously, just a handful of seasons ago or so, and before that, concussions happened still of course but they were nowhere NEAR as common as they are now. Were players just stupid back then or were they tougher? Players today must have been told to exit the game immediately if they see stars for a second. All im saying is that back in the day it seemed like concussions were rare compared to today. Im not trying to come across as an a**hole who doesn't care about player safety, im just wondering why all of a sudden people's heads get hurt so much?

What changed is the league cracking down on them. Before, you would see a guy get rocked and be in the next play without getting checked. Now they are getting checked and ruled out. It LOOKS like there are more concussions now because the ones that are happening are not going unnoticed.
Found out that Jahvid Best lives down the street from me. Another example of how serious a concussion can be (22 games in 2 seasons for Best) -- it can be a career ending injury.
Share 49ersWebzone