LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Serious, whats wrong with Anthony Davis and this concussion?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
I understand player safety first and hope nothing is seriously wrong with him. But, when has a concussion lasted this long? How bad can it be?
It was his first one and it seems his body didn't recover well. It happens. Everyone is different and responds to injuries differently..

With a concussion, there isn't much you can do about it besides rest. You just have to listen to your body.

Either that, or lots of players lie so they can get back on the field.
i knew a dude who got a concussion and it affected him for like over half a year
Sydney Crosby missed like a year with a concussion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
its a head injury,, you do not mess around with them. i know everyone is mad and is lashing out at everyone on the team but stop with this,
Originally posted by cciowa:
its a head injury,, you do not mess around with them. i know everyone is mad and is lashing out at everyone on the team but stop with this,

This. I've been disgusted by the response of some posters in regards to his concussion. Yes, many players come back after a week, but it still seems the public is very uneducated about the seriousness of these issues.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I have had my fair share of them over the years, everyone is different how they react short term and long term to brain trauma. They are cumulative, once you start collecting them they are easier to get and harder to recover from. I would say depending on how hard he was hit recovery on average is 1-4 weeks. If it is a hard whack and you have had priors they can take 3 months and up to totally clear all the symptoms. With what we are finding out and what has happened with ex-players having severe mental issues no chances are taken, I would hope the players aren't trying to lie their way back on the field.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This. I've been disgusted by the response of some posters in regards to his concussion. Yes, many players come back after a week, but it still seems the public is very uneducated about the seriousness of these issues.
this year it has been nuts,, its like everyone who has been hurt is either faking it, dogging it, or they are deemed garbage because they are hurt. WTF?
It didn't look like a serious hit, i hope this is not something that accumulated to this point. Definitely need to let him get 100% no matter how long it takes! we need this kid to have a long successful career....
[ Edited by CWin4949 on Dec 4, 2014 at 7:42 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Sydney Crosby missed like a year with a concussion

I had a really bad concussion about 12 years ago and I still have symptoms. Concussions are very scary.

Singletary gave him a crash course on concussions when he put him in the nutcracker drill
My wife slipped on ice and hit the back of her head on the ground in 2004 and to this day she still can't lay on her back without getting dizzy. Then again I've had that effect on a lot of women in my day
this year it has been nuts,, its like everyone who has been hurt is either faking it, dogging it, or they are deemed garbage because they are hurt. WTF?

Imagine what it will be like in here when Harbaugh goes to the Raiders and gets them turned around. And if they ever become the better team, this place may spontaneously combust.
Originally posted by Sourball:
My wife slipped on ice and hit the back of her head on the ground in 2004 and to this day she still can't lay on her back without getting dizzy. Then again I've had that effect on a lot of women in my day

You or the Roofies....
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Dec 4, 2014 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Imagine what it will be like in here when Harbaugh goes to the Raiders and gets them turned around. And if they ever become the better team, this place may spontaneously combust.

Yup. We'll see an exodus thats for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone