There are 231 users in the forums

I am done with Kawakami from the News Feed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Originally posted by KP82:
What happened to that fat slob covering the Niners for ESPN ? The dude that couldnt spell any better than a 3rd grader, and would give us "breaking news" days after it happened.

I forget his name, but he was awful.

Bill Williamson now covers the Raiders for ESPN. We now have Paul Gutierrez who covers us for ESPN. He used to work for CSN Bay Area and cover the raiders. They both are horrible. Gutierrez uses a lot of the same negative angles on reporting which can get annoying when you have no other schtick. Kind of a balanced approach decent reporter would be nice for us to have at BSPN but oh well we have local guys anyway.

Agreed. Gutierrez is pathetic too...former Raider guy, who like Kawakami, is forced to follow the Niners, a team they both despise (clearly). He just feeds off others reports and provides superficial reporting of "image" that most uneducated fans and national media subscribe too. He adds nothing while adding his own negative bitter spin/feel to everything he writes.
why did they take away sando i thought he did good
Originally posted by stefano89:
why did they take away sando i thought he did good

i think he took a step forward in his career
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by judodono:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
lol Kawakami looked so annoyed during and after the presser. You could tell he wasn't happy that it went well.

Right.. His thoughts were "how do I spin this negatively for clicks?"

He even holds a mic like a d*ck.

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/04/colin-kaepernick-2/

Kawakami the backstabber he is continues to trash the team. Any one else read this? Just look at this headline...

"Colin Kaepernick's big talent and small-time mindset, though the 49ers' front office is too weak to even know it's a problem"

That is the headline to the article.

Small-time mindset? Kaepernick? Really?? You're going to insult the intelligence of our starting QB? Much of the article is Kawakami complaining that Kaep is "rude" in media sessions. He writes that Kaep's decisions are "mindless".

I do not envy the NFL QB being grilled by the media. There are thousands of reporters and they all want to ask questions. Often the same question. Over and over. And over some more. It's hard to give the same thought out detailed response a thousand times. And if a player does have a long, revealing response to a question you can bet that the media dogs are salivating just waiting to take something out of context, blow it up, and make a controversial story out of it.

So Kaepernick keeps his answers short and simple. Kawakami blasts him and the 49ers for doing so. Because poor Kawakami's job is made harder when Kaepernick doesn't give Kawakami any fodder for his trash articles. Without anything juicy to write about he's left with filth like this to churn out. He's an embarrassment to our team and fans.

Lmao. First off last I saw Gabbert was starting kaep was on the bench
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by judodono:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
lol Kawakami looked so annoyed during and after the presser. You could tell he wasn't happy that it went well.

Right.. His thoughts were "how do I spin this negatively for clicks?"

He even holds a mic like a d*ck.

Bwahaha. I think both apply here for TK.
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/04/colin-kaepernick-2/

Kawakami the backstabber he is continues to trash the team. Any one else read this? Just look at this headline...

"Colin Kaepernick's big talent and small-time mindset, though the 49ers' front office is too weak to even know it's a problem"

That is the headline to the article.

Small-time mindset? Kaepernick? Really?? You're going to insult the intelligence of our starting QB? Much of the article is Kawakami complaining that Kaep is "rude" in media sessions. He writes that Kaep's decisions are "mindless".

I do not envy the NFL QB being grilled by the media. There are thousands of reporters and they all want to ask questions. Often the same question. Over and over. And over some more. It's hard to give the same thought out detailed response a thousand times. And if a player does have a long, revealing response to a question you can bet that the media dogs are salivating just waiting to take something out of context, blow it up, and make a controversial story out of it.

So Kaepernick keeps his answers short and simple. Kawakami blasts him and the 49ers for doing so. Because poor Kawakami's job is made harder when Kaepernick doesn't give Kawakami any fodder for his trash articles. Without anything juicy to write about he's left with filth like this to churn out. He's an embarrassment to our team and fans.

Lmao. First off last I saw Gabbert was starting kaep was on the bench

True and true!
The parallel between what the front office deludes and dishes out, and those in the fanbase that happily, blindly eat it right up still astounds me. "Fantasy world" is the operative term in this article, but it's much more like a nightmare:

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_29792212/kawakami-49ers-baalke-continue-operate-fantasy-world

Even Maiocco--who's far more reputable in the eyes of many in terms of objectivity and decorum--has taken his shots at Baalke of late. I know that GMs and ownership are far from candid when they speak about roster matters etc. because you don't want to show your hand, but christ almighty, it's a little embarrassing and non-strategic when everyone knows the hand you're playing! They don't want to ruin their "leverage" of trading Kaepernick but everyone and their grandmother knows Kap wants out and they want him out.

Hard to believe it's near draft day and this team has done nothing to improve after a 5-11 season.
I don't think it's a matter of whether he's right/wrong as to why people don't like him. I think the problem people have with Kawakami is that he's just generally an arrogant jerk in the way he writes and tweets. Like he secretly enjoys the 49ers (and possibly other teams he covers) failing. His tweeting style doesn't hold back any punches.

Really though, I know it's all just journalism and Kawakmi's style is simply "darker" than most. I remember in 2013, he wrote a long article where he called the Giants' WS rings flukes, and then we all know what happened in 2014. Dude is not always right, but he says some interesting things you would never hear from other journalists.

The Warriors are proof that he's not just some pessimist. If a team is doing well, he'll give credit where it's due. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he heavily criticizes them for losing to the Rockets tonight.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Apr 22, 2016 at 12:16 AM ]
You found something Kwaks is right about? Good for you.

R.I.P Kawasaki

The Bay Area Sports Journalism equivalent of a motorway pileup. Its negative but people want to slow down to take a look.

In terms of the the niners since Maranthe has changed roles it doesnt seem like TK breaks much news.
It's not hard to believe at all. This is the expected result. Anybody who has been following York and Baalke would expect this.
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
R.I.P Kawasaki

Goodbye to 1980s D movie action star and bodybuilder Ed Kawak.

Share 49ersWebzone