LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

I am done with Kawakami from the News Feed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wonder if Harbaugh was working with the Raiders when that dude cussed out Kawakami?
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
TK is not a kiss a**. I know he can alienate some of the fans, but he is one of the few reporters with a pair of balls to ask the tough questions and not be afraid of the consequences.

Big difference between having the balls to ask tough questions and trying to goad people with smarmy questions and pieces. I have no problem with guys asking the tough questions...i just don't get that with him. He seems more intersted in trying to get under people's skin...a lot like the character in Any Given Sunday who was supposed to be the Jim Rome esque character.
As I said before, reporters like TK,LC and LC junior do alienate some of the fans. Can you explain to me how/when did TK lie, twist or change the news that wasn't the truth. Give me one example. Be precise please.
I am not defending TK, it's his job to question and report the news. Some of us just want to hear what we want to hear.

F it….have a little free time at work…here are a few little snippets from that 1 article I mentioned. Call me crazy but I like actual fact behind my journalism. If I want conjecture and fabrication I will just go pick up a novel. We will start with the title of the piece.

What 49ers owner Jed York was really saying in that Tweet last week, other than "Don't blame me for this!"-So this is what Jed was really saying? Odd, never heard him say this was what he meant to say. -how does TK know this?

Posted on December 3, 2014 by Tim Kawakami

-But I think some people miss the true point–whether it was subconscious or not by York–of that petulant, ill-timed statement. -How does TK know the true point? Did Jed tell him??

-With that statement, York wasn't actually saying that he's tired of Jim Harbaugh and wanted a new coach, though this has been the interpretation. The decision on Harbaugh–unless the 49ers win the Super Bowl this February–has been made over the course of many months and maybe years. –again, how does TK know this??

-With that Tweet–with that wording and specific timing–York was saying that he didn't care if people knew that he's tired of Harbaugh and wanted a new coach. –interesting, the man who actually tweeted this never said this, so how does TK know, unless he talked with Jed? But Jed doesn't talk to local media, odd.

* This is a weak front office–when I talk to people around the league, that's what I keep hearing, and I agree with them. –Who has TK talked to? Where are his sources? People?? I know a lot of people too.

-I'm saying–and many others are telling me–that 49ers management is weak structurally. That it is uniquely ill-equipped to handle things in public and with a sense of confidence. (And much of it–other than the talent–reminds me of the Cohan/Rowell paranoid days with the Warriors. A LOT.) -again, where are his sources?? Others?? Who are these others and in what capacity do they have the knowledge/insight to speak on this situation?

-This is especially a weak front office publicly, and yes, that is part of the job, though Baalke tries to pretend that it is not. (No, I do not count his paid radio appearances, which are a joke, not the fault of the host, though.) -who again says this FO is weak and has Baalke come out and said this is not his job?

-York doesn't like talking to the local media (but Harbaugh's camp is sure York loves secretly talking to the national media and I can't disagree with Harbaugh's camp on that). –Has York come out and said he doesn't like talking to the local media?

-Baalke despises almost all media–Baalke really doesn't like most people, period. He's a pure scout, cold, clipped, anti-social and often angry. –Who has confirmed this, or is this just speculation on TK's part ?

-Well, Harbaugh has found out exactly what York and Baalke are made of. And they've made their decision on him. –Did York/Baalke tell him this? Again seems odd since TK said himself that neither speaks to local media.
What you just posted are bunch responses to the fan's tweets. That's not journalistic report. Its just bunch of tweets. I believe TK works for San Jose Mercury News, Can you provide an article that he undermined his journalistic integrity? Don't give me bunch Tweets that has nothing to do with his Journalism.
"Just a bunch of tweets?" All by TK.

You don't deny that TK posted them. But because they're not on newsprint, they're not "journalism?"

So the baseless, inflammatory, unsupported nature of those "tweets"--which Hoovtrain points out, is to be ignored?

Newsflash: "social media" is still "media."

You cannot deny the lack of any journalistic, professional quality to those "tweets"--which is why you try to excuse them as "not really journalism."
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:24 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by BobS:
So everybody wants to tar and feather a guy who rips into the team, even if they have it coming? Kap and Harbaugh are jackasses to the media and both seem to act like they are above everyone else. A lot of franchises would not tolerate Kaepernick going in front of the media dressed and acting like he does, especially those headphones. Most of you take it so personal like you are defending family members, makes no sense to me.

Dude you sound very ignorant. A. Jim and Kap don't handle the media any different than Bellicheck and Brady or Marshawn Lynch. Some guys just don't fool with the media while others can't wait to get a mic in their face and say something dumb. Of all the things in the world to worry about how Kap handles the media is the last thing Im worried about. Im sure if you were getting bashed by someone you would be reluctant to answer any questions they have for you. B. Kap gets paid to where those headphones, and even if he didn't he has every right to wear them. They are just a set of headphones, most players in the nfl wear them before and after games. As far as the way he dresses, I dont see any issue with it. Kap is one of the best dressed players in the NFL. Get a life bro. It seems as if your bashing him for being young, more so than anything else. Get out the stone ages.
Belichick whose name you spelled incorrectly while calling me ignorant acts like an a-hole toward the media also. So somebody who doesn't share your opinion is ignorant? A lot of fans want to know what is going on behind the scenes and player interviews give them that. That is the media's job. Last I checked without fans there is no NFL and these players would not have jobs. It is comical how people defend players and coaches like they know them and are relatives or friends. I am pretty sure half or more of them would not bother to pee on you if you were on fire.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I had to post this also in the CK thread...obviously.

Agreed, don't give him ANY hits. You should copy/paste the article with the link so NOBODY goes TO the link. That gives him hits.

Whats the guys issue?
Tim K is such a b***h! He blocks everyone that disagrees with him on twitter or posts any comments on his blog critical to his "work".
  • Veteran
oldninerdude, I understand what social media is. Responding to someone's tweet is not journalism, even if it comes from a journalist. Its just answering a tweet. Show me an article that TK has posted in SJ Mercury that questioned his journalistic integrity. Just because you don't agree with a reporter, it doesn't make him an evil person. Its difference of opinions. As for you, with all due respect, you accuse me of being LC. What is the difference between you and TK (based on your observations)? you both accuse others and make sh** up.
Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I had to post this also in the CK thread...obviously.

Agreed, don't give him ANY hits. You should copy/paste the article with the link so NOBODY goes TO the link. That gives him hits.

Whats the guys issue?

Like TK, some don't like to be called out or challenged with another viewpoint?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Dude, this guy bights the hand that feeds. He's not only bashed here, but the KNBR talking heads tend to say his name with an air of disdain.

He's background noise to me. I don't read anything he writes; basically, NewsForDumbFux material.
oldninerdude, I understand what social media is. Responding to someone's tweet is not journalism, even if it comes from a journalist. Its just answering a tweet. Show me an article that TK has posted in SJ Mercury that questioned his journalistic integrity. Just because you don't agree with a reporter, it doesn't make him an evil person. Its difference of opinions. As for you, with all due respect, you accuse me of being LC. What is the difference between you and TK (based on your observations)? you both accuse others and make sh** up.

I just showed you an article...you not going to address it??
  • Veteran
Hoovtrain, I just read bunch of TK tweets. Copy paste the article please.

I already copied and pasted the article on the previous page...has nothing to do with tweets...it's an article.
i can't see any of this stuff. he blocked me on twitter cause i said he was beating a dead horse with the turf issue in october.

worked out better for me this way i dont have to see this bs anymore.
Does someone want to alert LC's boss know that LC is currently getting paid while he's trolling NT?
I have nothing to add to this thread other than to say the last 4 pgs have been awesome
  • Veteran

Sorry I missed the last page. So in essence you are saying that he can't have his opinion when it comes to Jed or the FO. You have several sentences that are in BOLD questioning TK and how he knew this or that. That's not and shouldn't be the issue in my opinion. He is a reporter that expressed his opinion in this article, how is this undermining his integrity journalistically? Also, you don't know anything about his contacts and the people that he gets his info from.
He is only expressing his opinion. We don't always have to agree with what one writes. AGAIN, i know TK and LC can get under your (fans) skin very easily and I am not defending them at all. But people have their opinions and it should be respected. Remember, we don't know where he gets his info from, and most likely we will never know.
Share 49ersWebzone