There are 161 users in the forums

I am done with Kawakami from the News Feed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by vermonator:
You're not a real 49ers fan until you're blocked from Kawakami's blogs and twitter accounts, like me, lol…

Honk. Called him out over a year ago and backed it up with facts too. Been banned ever since.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
TK is not a kiss a**. I know he can alienate some of the fans, but he is one of the few reporters with a pair of balls to ask the tough questions and not be afraid of the consequences.

Big difference between having the balls to ask tough questions and trying to goad people with smarmy questions and pieces. I have no problem with guys asking the tough questions...i just don't get that with him. He seems more intersted in trying to get under people's skin...a lot like the character in Any Given Sunday who was supposed to be the Jim Rome esque character.
As I said before, reporters like TK,LC and LC junior do alienate some of the fans. Can you explain to me how/when did TK lie, twist or change the news that wasn't the truth. Give me one example. Be precise please.
I am not defending TK, it's his job to question and report the news. Some of us just want to hear what we want to hear.

F it….have a little free time at work…here are a few little snippets from that 1 article I mentioned. Call me crazy but I like actual fact behind my journalism. If I want conjecture and fabrication I will just go pick up a novel. We will start with the title of the piece.

What 49ers owner Jed York was really saying in that Tweet last week, other than "Don't blame me for this!"-So this is what Jed was really saying? Odd, never heard him say this was what he meant to say. -how does TK know this?

Posted on December 3, 2014 by Tim Kawakami

-But I think some people miss the true point–whether it was subconscious or not by York–of that petulant, ill-timed statement. -How does TK know the true point? Did Jed tell him??

-With that statement, York wasn't actually saying that he's tired of Jim Harbaugh and wanted a new coach, though this has been the interpretation. The decision on Harbaugh–unless the 49ers win the Super Bowl this February–has been made over the course of many months and maybe years. –again, how does TK know this??

-With that Tweet–with that wording and specific timing–York was saying that he didn't care if people knew that he's tired of Harbaugh and wanted a new coach. –interesting, the man who actually tweeted this never said this, so how does TK know, unless he talked with Jed? But Jed doesn't talk to local media, odd.

* This is a weak front office–when I talk to people around the league, that's what I keep hearing, and I agree with them. –Who has TK talked to? Where are his sources? People?? I know a lot of people too.

-I'm saying–and many others are telling me–that 49ers management is weak structurally. That it is uniquely ill-equipped to handle things in public and with a sense of confidence. (And much of it–other than the talent–reminds me of the Cohan/Rowell paranoid days with the Warriors. A LOT.) -again, where are his sources?? Others?? Who are these others and in what capacity do they have the knowledge/insight to speak on this situation?

-This is especially a weak front office publicly, and yes, that is part of the job, though Baalke tries to pretend that it is not. (No, I do not count his paid radio appearances, which are a joke, not the fault of the host, though.) -who again says this FO is weak and has Baalke come out and said this is not his job?

-York doesn't like talking to the local media (but Harbaugh's camp is sure York loves secretly talking to the national media and I can't disagree with Harbaugh's camp on that). –Has York come out and said he doesn't like talking to the local media?

-Baalke despises almost all media–Baalke really doesn't like most people, period. He's a pure scout, cold, clipped, anti-social and often angry. –Who has confirmed this, or is this just speculation on TK's part ?

-Well, Harbaugh has found out exactly what York and Baalke are made of. And they've made their decision on him. –Did York/Baalke tell him this? Again seems odd since TK said himself that neither speaks to local media.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 5, 2014 at 11:43 AM ]
F it….have a little free time at work…here are a few little snippets from that 1 article I mentioned. Call me crazy but I like actual fact behind my journalism. If I want conjecture and fabrication I will just go pick up a novel. We will start with the title of the piece.

What 49ers owner Jed York was really saying in that Tweet last week, other than "Don't blame me for this!"-So this is what Jed was really saying? Odd, never heard him say this was what he meant to say. -how does TK know this?

-But I think some people miss the true point–whether it was subconscious or not by York–of that petulant, ill-timed statement. -How does TK know the true point? Did Jed tell him??

-With that statement, York wasn't actually saying that he's tired of Jim Harbaugh and wanted a new coach, though this has been the interpretation. The decision on Harbaugh–unless the 49ers win the Super Bowl this February–has been made over the course of many months and maybe years. –again, how does TK know this??

-With that Tweet–with that wording and specific timing–York was saying that he didn't care if people knew that he's tired of Harbaugh and wanted a new coach. –interesting, the man who actually tweeted this never said this, so how does TK know, unless he talked with Jed? But Jed doesn't talk to local media, odd.

* This is a weak front office–when I talk to people around the league, that's what I keep hearing, and I agree with them. –Who has TK talked to? Where are his sources? People?? I know a lot of people too.

-I'm saying–and many others are telling me–that 49ers management is weak structurally. That it is uniquely ill-equipped to handle things in public and with a sense of confidence. (And much of it–other than the talent–reminds me of the Cohan/Rowell paranoid days with the Warriors. A LOT.) -again, where are his sources?? Others?? Who are these others and in what capacity do they have the knowledge/insight to speak on this situation?

-This is especially a weak front office publicly, and yes, that is part of the job, though Baalke tries to pretend that it is not. (No, I do not count his paid radio appearances, which are a joke, not the fault of the host, though.) -who again says this FO is weak and has Baalke come out and said this is not his job?

-York doesn't like talking to the local media (but Harbaugh's camp is sure York loves secretly talking to the national media and I can't disagree with Harbaugh's camp on that). –Has York come out and said he doesn't like talking to the local media?

-Baalke despises almost all media–Baalke really doesn't like most people, period. He's a pure scout, cold, clipped, anti-social and often angry. –Who has confirmed this, or is this just speculation on TK's part ?

-Well, Harbaugh has found out exactly what York and Baalke are made of. And they've made their decision on him. –Did York/Baalke tell him this? Again seems odd since TK said himself that neither speaks to local media.

Also, TK has been working this jim is leaving narrative since at least mid-2012. Back then it was because "jim doesn't stay at places a long time". There is very little actual reporting with him, it's pretty much all opinions and unnamed sources.
Yeah I hate when I mistakenly click on his articles thinking it's an article from Cam Inman. tw@t Kawakami and the Cohns are pathetic writers.
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Dec 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
TK is not a kiss a**. I know he can alienate some of the fans, but he is one of the few reporters with a pair of balls to ask the tough questions and not be afraid of the consequences.

For those who don't know 190836 is Lowell Cohn, so its no surprise he's defending TK.

TK is similar to Cohn, a sportswriter, used to reporting stuff like yards gained, scores, passes completed.

When they have to actually think about something a little more complicated, (i.e. why Aldon Smith entered a "plea to the sheet" for three felonies--which eventually turned into three misdemeanors) they're way out of their league, have no clue what they're talking about, and don't bother to actually do any research to educate themselves before they start spouting their "opinions". TK led the charge, condemning Aldon after he entered his plea, and asked Harbs "how many felonies are too many." Harbs turned it around on him and pointed out what a stupid question it was. TK got his undies in a bunch about it. Cohn, Killion and the other media types were angered by Harbs' response and haven't forgiven him or the 9ers since.

Is it too much to ask that a reporter actually educate themselves about a subject before publishing a story condemning a player? Turns out Aldon doesn't have ANY felonies on his record, just misdemeanors, as anyone familiar with the criminal justice system could have told TK at the time of Aldon's plea. But he didn't know what a "plea to the sheet" meant and took off on his campaign to criticize, castigate and condemn Aldon as a multiple time convicted felon. Used to be that lynch mobs were led by people thinking in that manner. Now its just a media mob (TK, Killion, Cohn, Kozimore, etc.) Sad. You can practically hear them panting in anticipation of Harbaugh going elsewhere.
Lol, you are funny. Just because I posted LC or TK's reports a few times, doesn't make me LC. Grow up.

Did LC just tell OLDninerdude to "grow up?"

There are a LOT of hacks out there...and they DO come here for various reasons (e.g. to get a pulse for the fan base, topics of interest, effect they are having on "fans," etc). I even had my own research posted in NT taken and turned into a full-blown article. No joke. Do we have a Beware of Hack stamp?
As I said before, reporters like TK,LC and LC junior do alienate some of the fans. Can you explain to me how/when did TK lie, twist or change the news that wasn't the truth. Give me one example. Be precise please.
I am not defending TK, it's his job to question and report the news. Some of us just want to hear what we want to hear.

How about the stories he wrote about Aldon's legal problems and how they resolved. TK even attended the court proceeding where Aldon entered his "plea to the sheet." Then TK spent his time talking about what a bad guy Aldon is and how he's a three time felon and suggested that Aldon should be waived immediately.

TK tried to confront Harbaugh about players with multiple felony convictions, and Harbaugh first asked TK if he practiced asking the question in front of a mirror, then turned the question around and TK had to admit that the answer would be pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain. All caught on video, and TK was pretty embarrassed by it, and rightfully so. He did not understand what a "plea to the sheet" meant, and spent time talking about the "no contest" nature of the plea, which was completely irrelevant and misleading. TK obviously did not spend the time to gather the facts or do the research necessary to figure out what, exactly Aldon and his attorney were doing, or why.

Instead he spent his time criticizing Aldon and condemning him as a "three time felon," etc. And criticizing the Niners for not waiving him outright, immediately. Which, we now know, would have been unjustified and unsupported by the facts of what actually occurred. Wouldn't it be nice if TK had researched what was actually going on before he asked his unsupported and inflammatory questions?

Then he wrote a story blaming Harbaugh for it all, for not understanding his meek and innocent--but (according to you) "ballsey" and necessary questions. Then he dropped the topic, at least publicly, although comments on the CSNBayarea sports shows made it clear he continued to complain to his media bretheren about Harbaugh.

So TK's performance over the course of this season has been mindless, poorly researched, unjustifiably biased, unsupported and inflammatory. And you wonder why some fans don't like what he's written?
Originally posted by NCommand:

There are a LOT of hacks out there...and they DO come here for various reasons (e.g. to get a pulse for the fan base, topics of interest, effect they are having on "fans," etc). I even had my own research posted in NT taken and turned into a full-blown article. No joke. Do we have a Beware of Hack stamp?

That guy does seem to go to bat for the 3 worst ones-TK, LC and the young troll.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Dec 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM ]
Lol, you are funny. Just because I posted LC or TK's reports a few times, doesn't make me LC. Grow up.

How about the stories he wrote about Aldon's legal problems and how they resolved. TK even attended the court proceeding where Aldon entered his "plea to the sheet." Then TK spent his time talking about what a bad guy Aldon is and how he's a three time felon and suggested that Aldon should be waived immediately.

TK tried to confront Harbaugh about players with multiple felony convictions, and Harbaugh first asked TK if he practiced asking the question in front of a mirror, then turned the question around and TK had to admit that the answer would be pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain. All caught on video, and TK was pretty embarrassed by it, and rightfully so. He did not understand what a "plea to the sheet" meant, and spent time talking about the "no contest" nature of the plea, which was completely irrelevant and misleading. TK obviously did not spend the time to gather the facts or do the research necessary to figure out what, exactly Aldon and his attorney were doing, or why.

Instead he spent his time criticizing Aldon and condemning him as a "three time felon," etc. And criticizing the Niners for not waiving him outright, immediately. Which, we now know, would have been unjustified and unsupported by the facts of what actually occurred. Wouldn't it be nice if TK had researched what was actually going on before he asked his unsupported and inflammatory questions?

Then he wrote a story blaming Harbaugh for it all, for not understanding his meek and innocent--but (according to you) "ballsey" and necessary questions. Then he dropped the topic, at least publicly, although comments on the CSNBayarea sports shows made it clear he continued to complain to his media bretheren about Harbaugh.

So TK's performance over the course of this season has been mindless, poorly researched, unjustifiably biased, unsupported and inflammatory. And you wonder why some fans don't like what he's written?

oldninerdude FTW!!

BOOM....

For those who don't know 190836 is Lowell Cohn, so its no surprise he's defending TK.

TK is similar to Cohn, a sportswriter, used to reporting stuff like yards gained, scores, passes completed.

When they have to actually think about something a little more complicated, (i.e. why Aldon Smith entered a "plea to the sheet" for three felonies--which eventually turned into three misdemeanors) they're way out of their league, have no clue what they're talking about, and don't bother to actually do any research to educate themselves before they start spouting their "opinions". TK led the charge, condemning Aldon after he entered his plea, and asked Harbs "how many felonies are too many." Harbs turned it around on him and pointed out what a stupid question it was. TK got his undies in a bunch about it. Cohn, Killion and the other media types were angered by Harbs' response and haven't forgiven him or the 9ers since.

Is it too much to ask that a reporter actually educate themselves about a subject before publishing a story condemning a player? Turns out Aldon doesn't have ANY felonies on his record, just misdemeanors, as anyone familiar with the criminal justice system could have told TK at the time of Aldon's plea. But he didn't know what a "plea to the sheet" meant and took off on his campaign to criticize, castigate and condemn Aldon as a multiple time convicted felon. Used to be that lynch mobs were led by people thinking in that manner. Now its just a media mob (TK, Killion, Cohn, Kozimore, etc.) Sad. You can practically hear them panting in anticipation of Harbaugh going elsewhere.

I thought that was pretty funny, too.

Its yet another sign that 190836 is LC. As a sports writer--he's so busy watching the game, he forgot to research the background of the players.

Its yet another sign that 190836 is LC. As a sports writer--he's so busy watching the game, he forgot to research the background of the players.

Bingo. And how cool to see you come out of the woods with fire and brimstone! Well done OND. Miss you around here...
  • Veteran

Big difference between having the balls to ask tough questions and trying to goad people with smarmy questions and pieces. I have no problem with guys asking the tough questions...i just don't get that with him. He seems more intersted in trying to get under people's skin...a lot like the character in Any Given Sunday who was supposed to be the Jim Rome esque character.

What you just posted are bunch responses to the fan's tweets. That's not journalistic report. Its just bunch of tweets. I believe TK works for San Jose Mercury News, Can you provide an article that he undermined his journalistic integrity? Don't give me bunch Tweets that has nothing to do with his Journalism.

Bingo. And how cool to see you come out of the woods with fire and brimstone! Well done OND. Miss you around here...

They know very little about the actual game itself....that's why everything they write is about everything but the actual game.

What you just posted are bunch responses to the fan's tweets. That's not journalistic report. Its just bunch of tweets. I believe TK works for San Jose Mercury News, Can you provide an article that he undermined his journalistic integrity? Don't give me bunch Tweets that has nothing to do with his Journalism.

LOL..what?. those were taken DIRECTLY from his article. so either you are a liar or misinformed...either way you should go "write" for the Mercury News....you'd fit in perfectly.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/03/jed-york-really-saying-tweet-almost-full-week-look-back/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kawakami-merc+%28Talking+Points+with+Tim+Kawakami%29
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone