LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 368 users in the forums

Issue I have with Baalke...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since we let Ted Ginn walk we have not had a respectable return man... Now I gave Trent a pass during the NFCCG when Kyle Williams crap the bed, only bc he was filling in for Ginn who was a legit return man for us. Yes he was a waste of space as a reciver but special teams is 1/3 of the game, so you can't over look it. NOW we have our best corner and prized rookie running back returning kicks! We need to get this figured out, Cox returning punts is almost as foolish as Seattle puting Earl back there. I know Cox returned kicks in school but damn......
I don't think his daughter likes Ginn, so Ted had to go.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Since we let Ted Ginn walk we have not had a respectable return man... Now I gave Trent a pass during the NFCCG when Kyle Williams crap the bed, only bc he was filling in for Ginn who was a legit return man for us. Yes he was a waste of space as a reciver but special teams is 1/3 of the game, so you can't over look it. NOW we have our best corner and prized rookie running back returning kicks! We need to get this figured out, Cox returning punts is almost as foolish as Seattle puting Earl back there. I know Cox returned kicks in school but damn......

Lol,
So just to be clear the only issue you have on this team is that he couldn't bring in a good kick returner?

Talk about priorities
I think if Ellington's injury was more serious youwould have seen Baalke sign a KR/PR. But Ellingotn is expecting to be back this weekend. He's been average at best at returning kicks but at least Cox and Hyde won't be back there exposing themselves to injury.
Originally posted by E-49er:
I think if Ellington's injury was more serious youwould have seen Baalke sign a KR/PR. But Ellingotn is expecting to be back this weekend. He's been average at best at returning kicks but at least Cox and Hyde won't be back there exposing themselves to injury.

They brought in a few guys to try out, but realistically, there's not much out there. Its not easy to find good returners. Ginn has looked craptastic for most of the season with the Cardinals.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Besides the fact that his mug looks like some kind of Dr. Death or Fire Marshal Bill character... I'm not too worried about him.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Besides the fact that his mug looks like some kind of Dr. Death or Fire Marshal Bill character... I'm not too worried about him.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Thanks, LVJay, that image is going to be stuck in my head.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Baalke in his hay day

I'm actually more annoyed with Baalke's voice.

Share 49ersWebzone