LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Parcells was Baalke's First Choice in 2011 WOW!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
idk know how true that is

The talk was all harbaugh and the 49ers had to get him

TB hired on the 4th anf JH hired on the 7th...Not enough time to court both coaches and get one to sign in three days

so parcells is lying?

coulda been a ploy to get leverage in hiring jim
unless bill writes in the third person

Leverage with parcells, no way...Miami already offered JH the world

seems legit to me. baalke is a parcells guy after all.
idk, the whole Bay Area was on Harbaugh..with the 49ers had to get him and no one else....has TB admitted to it ?

no, but i see no reason why parcells would lie.

seeing as how they almost traded harbaugh last year to cleveland makes me wonder how much TB was even invested in Jim in the first place.
No thank you. He's 74. The game has passed him by.
It's a good thing Trent didn't take his advice on Borland.
Let's bring back Seifert while we're at it.
idk know how true that is

The talk was all harbaugh and the 49ers had to get him

TB hired on the 4th anf JH hired on the 7th...Not enough time to court both coaches and get one to sign in three days

so parcells is lying?

coulda been a ploy to get leverage in hiring jim
unless bill writes in the third person

Leverage with parcells, no way...Miami already offered JH the world

seems legit to me. baalke is a parcells guy after all.
idk, the whole Bay Area was on Harbaugh..with the 49ers had to get him and no one else....has TB admitted to it ?

no, but i see no reason why parcells would lie.

seeing as how they almost traded harbaugh last year to cleveland makes me wonder how much TB was even invested in Jim in the first place.

Lies sells books
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I have no doubt that Baalke reached out to Parcells about the head coaching job. But i doubt is was anything serious. Like has been said Baalke wasn't even officially given the job till just before Harbaugh was hired. Baalke wouldn't of had the power to offer anyone the job.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
"What do you think of that West Coast Offense now?"

- Bill Parcells, 1986

Belichick's defensive playbook from that year is in the Hall of Fame. My old boss is a die hard Giants fan, he brings up 85, 86, 90 and 2011 every chance he gets

I like your membername man. Really cool.
I'm sure he only wanted Parcells to help build a foundation and groom a coach. Seems reasonable considering single tray made us look real bad.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
"What do you think of that West Coast Offense now?"

- Bill Parcells, 1986

Belichick's defensive playbook from that year is in the Hall of Fame. My old boss is a die hard Giants fan, he brings up 85, 86, 90 and 2011 every chance he gets

I like your membername man. Really cool.

I generally struggle to come up with user names, but this one was easy to come up with lol
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
oh god no.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
**** NO! Will this dinosaur make offense any better all by himself... he'll need a better OC. Let's get a real OC to run the show w/out Harbs interfering and we'll see what's up.

If you think Harbs rubs players the wrong way....
[ Edited by LVJay on Dec 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM ]
  • CMIO
What exactly could Parcells offer to a team that already boasted a superior defense. I can understand ppls desire for him if our defense was lacking. Our defense has played great. If anything, Parcells offensive philosophies would've held this team back even more.
Originally posted by CMIO:
What exactly could Parcells offer to a team that already boasted a superior defense. I can understand ppls desire for him if our defense was lacking. Our defense has played great. If anything, Parcells offensive philosophies would've held this team back even more.

I've watched Parcells through the years and he plays tough guy football. His linebaackers, LT, Harry Carson, Pepper Johnson, Gary Reasons were huge. He always had a bell-cow running back that controlled the clock. When the 49ers were in their glory years he found a way to smash us in the mouth and take rings from us. He's too old now and training camp would interfere with Saratoga in August.
  • CMIO
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by CMIO:

I've watched Parcells through the years and he plays tough guy football. His linebaackers, LT, Harry Carson, Pepper Johnson, Gary Reasons were huge. He always had a bell-cow running back that controlled the clock. When the 49ers were in their glory years he found a way to smash us in the mouth and take rings from us. He's too old now and training camp would interfere with Saratoga in August.

Again I just don't see the upgrade. Maybe he would've kept Alex around as a game managing QB that fits his mold of hard hitting ball controlling offense. The one thing his offenses always lacked was the home run capability. As long as the score was low, Parcells could will his team to victory. Put up 3 TDs against him, and his offenses were likely to crumble. Kaep would not have survived, let alone thrived, in Parcells offensive philosophy.
Parcells......

Would rather have Jimmy Raye.....
Share 49ersWebzone