There are 250 users in the forums

How great has Baalke been? NFL.COM hails the greatest WR rookie class ever!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • REB4
Here we are, we could have had at least one two more Super Bowl rings if we could just get ONE deep threat that could keep 8-9 men out of the box or can get from point A to point B returning a kick without fumbling. Hail the great BAALKE!! And when we have a chance at finally drafting one in the deepest WR class of our generation, with 12 picks in his pocket to trade up for one, and who does this bean counter draft....? A midget DB too small to play safety or cover tall WRs, too uncoordinated to cover in the slot and can't seem to stay healthy enough to stay on the field. AND oh BTW, couldn't return a kick if he were playing 11 blind guys on crutches.

That sums up the last 4 years under Baalke. Harbaugh will go to another team and win a Super Bowl before Baalke and York do.
You think one good WR would fix Roman's awful playcalling and unoriginal play design, and Kapotato's regressing QB play?

Like we'd use a rookie wideout
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Furthermore, we would have had to trade up quite a bit to get any of the premiere WRs from the draft (Watkins, Evans, Beckham).

Maybe we could have gone after Cooks, but Baalke is a size queen and Cooks is short.
[ Edited by TheRambler on Dec 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM ]
Trade which pick? Borland Martin Hyde for beckham?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I was all for trading up to get the players we want, even from the draft of 2 years ago...

And this draft, I would have not minded trading up to land Watkins, Evans, Beckham or even the kid from Florida State..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I was all for trading up to get the players we want, even from the draft of 2 years ago...

And this draft, I would have not minded trading up to land Watkins, Evans, Beckham or even the kid from Florida State..

Every pick Balke made is a starter after the first round.
I'd rather have Borland, Lynch, Martin and Hyde then ANY WR in lasts years draft.

If your truly a fan of the 49ers you know that we don't value the WR position as much as other teams. That said I am glad we didn't trade up to get any of them.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Sending our 2014 1st round & 3rd rounder and a 2015 (1st rounder) for Watkins woulda been an awesome move.

We would have:

Watkins - Borland - and still landed Lynch.. so what if we didn't have Ward and Carlos Hyde?

then we coulda offered Crabb to the Jets for a future 2nd rounder

Vernon Davis to either KC, Baltmore or Houston for another 2nd rounder

Iuapti to Denver for another 2nd rounder

and boom!!! the future would look so much brighter!!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Lol, this.
The better offenses like the Packers are drafting 2nd and 3rd receivers just about every year. You can find great talent there too. I don't think we've handled the receiver position very well. We got a bunch of guys who fill the same role and we're still trying to use our tight end to run deep routes. Our receiving core is somehow small and slow at the same time.

You don't have to go Detroit and spend 1st round picks every year but yeah let's bring in young talent.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM ]

Originally posted by REB4:
Here we are, we could have had at least one two more Super Bowl rings if we could just get ONE deep threat that could keep 8-9 men out of the box or can get from point A to point B returning a kick without fumbling. Hail the great BAALKE!! And when we have a chance at finally drafting one in the deepest WR class of our generation, with 12 picks in his pocket to trade up for one, and who does this bean counter draft....? A midget DB too small to play safety or cover tall WRs, too uncoordinated to cover in the slot and can't seem to stay healthy enough to stay on the field. AND oh BTW, couldn't return a kick if he were playing 11 blind guys on crutches.

That sums up the last 4 years under Baalke. Harbaugh will go to another team and win a Super Bowl before Baalke and York do.

I still can't let go 2012 draft class...

AJ Jenkins and LMJ......

Tony Jerod Eddie is the best to come from that class and he went undrafted.....

Missing on an entire draft will set your team back.......

Thanks Baalke.......
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Dec 2, 2014 at 6:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone