LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

The Nose Tackle position and Jonathan Martin absolutely killed us yesterday..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
That's why he wasn't a high draft pick with his size. With that said I just don't think he's a NT going forward and is playing outta of position due to injuries. But he doens't appear to have any dog in him

with that said, he still has some potential , but we probably wont see him develop a mean streak until next season ...if he does at all ...but by then we might spend a high draft pick on a NT/ DE that can hit the ground running

Yea it's really hard to gauge the position this year with Williams and Dorsey hurt this year. And Dorsey was brought in toe be a DE rather than the NT. You have Cowboy and Raymac aging. And we have no clue what Carradine can do. I'd lean towards drafting a guy that could possibly push somebody to the bench. I think Dial can be a good DE but I agree he just doesn't have the nastiness to play NT. Kinda like biegn a fullback you need a certain mindset for the position.
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
That's why he wasn't a high draft pick with his size. With that said I just don't think he's a NT going forward and is playing outta of position due to injuries. But he doens't appear to have any dog in him

with that said, he still has some potential , but we probably wont see him develop a mean streak until next season ...if he does at all ...but by then we might spend a high draft pick on a NT/ DE that can hit the ground running

Yea it's really hard to gauge the position this year with Williams and Dorsey hurt this year. And Dorsey was brought in toe be a DE rather than the NT. You have Cowboy and Raymac aging. And we have no clue what Carradine can do. I'd lean towards drafting a guy that could possibly push somebody to the bench. I think Dial can be a good DE but I agree he just doesn't have the nastiness to play NT. Kinda like biegn a fullback you need a certain mindset for the position.

I wouldn't b***h if we spent Two high draft picks for the DL ...we need some more strength and depth up front
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
a NT has to be like a big ol' swine; torque and explosion. dial aint that. too high and a slow-twitch guy. yeah, he's way strong, but suited headed up-field one on one.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
When has Martin ever been good in the pros?

I think the obvious move is bump Boone to RT, and put in anyone but Martin at RG. Bench martin.

"He is outta here!" Lol finally! J. Martin gone!

The turnstile is gone!

Never been so happy to see a guy fired!

Couldn't find a thread about what we traded for him. This thread seemed close enough! Not even worth the 7th round pick we used.
  • thl408
JMart thread is in NFL Talk.
I moved it to the NFL forum. We don't have a Busts Forum.
Share 49ersWebzone