LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Where's Waldo ( Vernon Davis )???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What the heck has happened to Vernon Davis? The guy is virtually invisible in the running game and the passing game. Is it the fact that he missed all of camp and as a result the offense got comfortable calling certain plays and packages in his absence? Plays they just never got back to or is it more?

Like the fact that he is on the wrong side of 30? Because he does appear to look a step slower and far less explosive in pass protection and run blocking. After all they did refuse to redo his deal for a reason.

Whats your verdict? Wheres Waldo?
vernon is the most noticeable one but it seems like a lot of guys have either fallen off the map talent wise or just checked out. never know, harbaughs message to the team could have gotten old aswell.
I saw him yesterday. He was the guy who caught a football and tried to avoid getting hit.
In jamba juice getting a protein boost in his berry blast.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Damnit, you beat me to it.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
It's gonna get locked
Originally posted by CityKing415:

that doesn't sound gay at all
Something has definitely been off with him all year. Who knows? If he got his contract extension that he wanted, would he be playing like he used to? Who knows? You would think that he would want to prove to the team that they should pay him more and therefore come out and play his ass off, instead of sucking. There is probably more to it than that. It's not like he gets the ball thrown to him as much as he used to. And who knows why that is? Is he not getting open? It definitely doesn't help that fact that he looks like he is playing scared and without passion at times this year. Seen him drop too many balls that definitely should have been caught and it looks like he is afraid of getting hit. Maybe his back issue contributed to that. Either way, he looks soft this year. It's unfortunate that the concept of the team kinda got thrown aside this season with people like VD and Boone being selfish. Maybe we should have seen this dysfunctional season coming when the offseason started off as dysfunctional. Hopefully something can be figured out and fixed soon
Filming Mr Torpedo part 2
I think the issues with VD are all mental. Wasn't Kap saying in the offseason that he looked faster than ever?

This whole offense needs a reboot. I have no doubts that Crabtree could still be a very productive receiver with that 2012 season in him.

• CMIO
Vernon has checked out. Apparently took too many hits. Time to sell his brand somewhere else. Hopefully in Jacksonville.

Don't want to see him no more on the field. He's a waste.
Originally posted by CMIO:
Vernon has checked out. Apparently took too many hits. Time to sell his brand somewhere else. Hopefully in Jacksonville.

Don't want to see him no more on the field. He's a waste.
He's the same guy that held out at the beginning of the season. His play seems like a form of protest which is contrary to what players do on their contract years. Him and his agent will most likely spin it that he played hurt or didn't want to risk injury in his walk year.
playing shorthanded 10v11 on offense all year because of him
Originally posted by znk916:
playing shorthanded 10v12 on offense all year because of him
FTFY
I don't remember this play do you guys?

On the play, Kaepernick escaped the pocket to the right, even though he wasn't pressured. Had he stayed in the pocket, he might have noticed the devastating move tight end Vernon Davis put on Seattle strong safety Cam Chancellor, which caused Chancellor to fall down.

From part II of Kevin Lynch's analysis of the 49er offense.
Share 49ersWebzone