There are 236 users in the forums

Truth about the Seahawks game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The game was like the Super Bowl. The Seahawks defense is incredibly legit when fully healthy... And those who are trying to blame kaepernick need to realize there was no one open 90% of the offensive plays and there was constant pressure and hits due to the great coverage. Now did kaep miss some throws? Yes. Did Manning (perhaps the greatest QB of all time) miss some throws in similar circumstances in the SB? Yes. Would Brady, Rodgers, Luck ... Etc struggle against that defense the way it played yesterday? Yes. They have a great defense. That, when healthy,can make any offense in the league look stagnate.

I'm not saying our offense or QB is great... What I am saying is that even great offenses and QB's would struggle against that D right now.

What separates our team right now from last years I believe is actually our D I believe... Great D's can shut down any body and force turnovers and have splash plays that swing momentum even against elite offenses... Our team had this the last few years we forced turnovers against even great teams often even in the playoffs. This gives us good field position and momentum. When p willy and bowman are in we have a borderline great defense. Without them (even with Borland and Lynch) we have a very good but not great defense that bends but doesn't break ( lots of field goals with the occasional TD) and no splash plays against good teams. Splash plays are the momentum changers and without them you will not score or have success against other great defenses as Seattle is right now.

The reason we were the only (and I do mean only) team that could hang with Seattle last year was because our defense was comparably great with theirs creating splash plays similar to theirs that gave us momentum and good field position. Now that our defense is merely very good when we face there team that is healthy and still great defensively, We are going to struggle greatly to hang with them.
while there is some truth to what you are saying, the redskins game and the giants game before that go against this argument. The offense that showed against the Seahawks is the same crud we suffered through in those, the difference being again those teams it could be gotten away with.
Share 49ersWebzone