LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 442 users in the forums

Who do we replace Roman with?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sf49ers303:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Jay Gruden's gonna get canned. So there's that option.

Ya I was reading that and he was good until RG Fire 3 coaches returned haha

as a bengals fan, please god no

you dont want this guy

omg pls

pls jay no

get the goddamned ball to AJ Green holy s**t
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Sf49ers303:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Jay Gruden's gonna get canned. So there's that option.

Ya I was reading that and he was good until RG Fire 3 coaches returned haha

as a bengals fan, please god no

you dont want this guy

omg pls

pls jay no

get the goddamned ball to AJ Green holy s**t

You're a Bengals fan? You must enjoy suffering.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Jesus F Christ. Lets change coordinators when we dont have the players to support that scheme. There are no current decent coordinators that could do any better based on the way this team was built. We are a run first and play action team. We need a running game with a back with a quick first step that can hit the hole before it closes. Gore is not that back anymore.

??? or how about we go back to what got us the 11th rand offense and a trip to the SB in 2012

Why can't kap run the SAME plays as Seattle? Wilson isn't a great pocket passing QB, but they create plays to his strengths and open the field up (play outside the hash marks).

What's with all the 5 & 7 drop steps, the line can't pass protect and we don't have any WRs that get separation down field, so why call plays like that? it has nothing to do with Gore and everything to do with Roman...

And by drops, he means, "shotgun exclusively."
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Marc Trestman gets fired, that would be my choice for OC. Not an ideal NFL head coach, but a QB friendly coordinator that knows how to run a passing offense.

I second the motion for trestman.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by WINiner:
More important question is who replaces Harbaugh. I personally don't think Roman leaves this team unless Harbaugh is as well.

Personally I prefer a coach with heavy WCO ties. I always will.

We'd be fukin' stupid to fire Harbaugh.

If the choice is to fire Harbaugh or continue with the offensive staff and structure we have had?
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
If Marc Trestman gets fired, that would be my choice for OC. Not an ideal NFL head coach, but a QB friendly coordinator that knows how to run a passing offense.

I second the motion for trestman.

Omg Trestman and Harbaugh in the same building?
please, NOT trestman.

If you want some ideas here are a bunch.

OC/HC of Florida State.

OC of Baylor

OC of TCU

OC of Oregon/ HC Oregon

HC/OC of Washington Peterson, formerly of Boise State.

Not nick saban nor his OC.

Georgia Tech OC/HC.

Urban meyer as an outside shot, but I doubt it.

Well the question was asked and there are some excellent candidates.

And while we are at it, lot of very eligible Qbs coming out, just not jameis Winston.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Great another 50 page thread on this.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
please, NOT trestman.

OC/HC of Florida State.

OC of Baylor

OC of TCU

OC of Oregon/ HC Oregon

Georgia Tech OC/HC.

And while we are at it, lot of very eligible Qbs coming out, just not jameis Winston.

I like the OC from Oregon, with Kap that would be a lethal combo! He can finally find us a speed WR too.
  • dj43
I have followed, from afar, what Gary Kubiak has done with the Ravens since he came there. Joe Flacco, perhaps the only arm in the league as strong, or stronger than Kaepernick's, had always had problems with sacks. Previous OCs had attempted to take advantage of his big arm, along with the speed of Torrey Smith, by throwing deep routes of one variety or another. The result had been some notable strikes but also a lot of hits on Flacco.

In response, Kubiak installed a largely WCO-based passing game: He moved Flacco under center for the majority of the plays. For passing plays it was largely timing routes based on primarily 3 or 5 step drops. Receivers were coached to be in a certain place at a certain time based on the depth of the drop. The result has been fewer sacks (suddenly better OL performance overall) and a more efficient passing game. It also turned Justin Forsett ( ) into a 5+ yards/carry RB who will likely go over 1,000 yards today. It is just easier for the RB and the timing of an efficient passing game to operate from under center than the pistol or shotgun. Kubiak's approach has transformed Flacco, and that offense, into a much more efficient group.

That is what I would like to see happen with offense.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Omg Trestman and Harbaugh in the same building?

Why not..........they worked together with the Raiders and by all accounts, seem to like each other.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
please, NOT trestman.

OC/HC of Florida State.

OC of Baylor

OC of TCU

OC of Oregon/ HC Oregon

Georgia Tech OC/HC.

No, don't taken the NFL proven offensive coordinator that Bill Walsh called his "greatest pupil", by all means, just throw a few hail mary's at some college offensive coordinators and hope they work out for the best.................

No, don't taken the NFL proven offensive coordinator that Bill Walsh called his "greatest pupil", by all means, just throw a few hail mary's at some college offensive coordinators and hope they work out for the best.................

We've had our back and forths on trestman and I don't think either of us our gonna change our minds. However, I think a trestman harbaugh collaboration could be very, very successful. For one I think the current NFL is a better fit for trestman than it was in 1995 and secondly, if Harbs could make him stay a little more true to the run his offense would be even more dynamic than what it has been. Sort like how vermeil, martz worked together in 99 with Rams.

My first vote for a OC would be morringwheg, but I'm not gonna lie despite my feeling of 1995-96, trestman would be on my short list to work with Harbs. I've never doubted his passing acumen.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
The last I remember of Marc Trestman was him getting bad mouthed by Jerry Rice when Trestman was OC here, not saying we shouldn't hire him but anything is better then Roman.
Share 49ersWebzone