LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Who deserves the most blame for this weak offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who deserves the most blame for this weak offense?

I say Harbaugh. We hired him as the offensive head coach and as a QB guru. These are Jed Yorks words! Jim was supposed to know offense and QBs. The buck stops with him. Jim has turned around our whole franchise and we have won the second most games in the NFL second only to NE (easy division) but this offense that he is supposed to be know for has not evolved to the point of being productive after 3 going on 4 seasons. I can say Kap I can say Roman but Jim picked them both. This offense is on Jim. He has to make it right
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

And don't get me started on Baalke. The biggest singular setback to this team was the 2012 draft class. The best player we gained from that entire debacle was Tony Jerod-Eddie, and he was a UFA. He whiffed on that entire class, and it has bitten us in the ......
what the hell does 2012 has to do with offense now ?

we have 3 1st round picks on OL
we plugged two of our perceived 'holes' in this draft in getting Hyde (widely considered to be the best back in the draft) and Martin (considered by many best center in the draft)
we have 4 WRs who had 1k seasons
we have an athletic beast of a TE in VD
we have a young promising QB that everyone loved or at least liked
we have an aging but still productive borderline HoF back in Gore, who is also perhaps the best blocking RB in the league

the only things on offense you can blame on Baalke is 1)trading for Gabbert and him being Kaps backup 2)letting Delaine go and drafting Vance instead

this offense is on par with any offense out there in terms of total talent, at least its top 5 in the league EASILY. in fact, broncos and cowboys are the only teams who have CLEARLY more cumulative offensive talent imo
yo momma
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Some idiot in another thread blamed the fans. Sorry, but I didn't miss any tackles or throw any picks tonight. Don't be blaming me.

man up and take some blame
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I say Harbaugh. We hired him as the offensive head coach and as a QB guru. These are Jed Yorks words! Jim was supposed to know offense and QBs. The buck stops with him. Jim has turned around our whole franchise and we have won the second most games in the NFL second only to NE (easy division) but this offense that he is supposed to be know for has not evolved to the point of being productive after 3 going on 4 seasons. I can say Kap I can say Roman but Jim picked them both. This offense is on Jim. He has to make it right

Yes. How in the world the two things Harbaugh was known for - the offensive genius and QB whisperer - are arguably the weekday part of the team after 3 years?!

Here's how... He's stubborn and believes he is these two things. He's ultimately responsible and his unwillingness to change, or at the very least challenge his OC and QB by calling them out for their obvious failures is his downfall. I think it starts with him and trickles down from there. Roman is NOT doing a good job calling plays... And Kap is struggling big time as the pocket passer he has been molded into. I think he feels a ton of pressure to toe the company (Harbaugh) line. Stay in the pocket, try to read the def and then say all the "Harbaugh cliches" during the press conference. I don't believe he can read a def, he isn't accurate and has zero touch, but given one read and run... make plays on the move and not be forced to stay in the pocket and he can still be a dangerous weapon.

Harbaugh, Roman, Kap in that order.
It's funny how all you guys talk ish about kap but imagine working for a guy who's "better than you"

We do what they say, but let Kap be himself, and I'm sure we'd do serious s**t.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Kaepernick. I knew his pocket game would be shut down tonight, as I posted in the game thread./
  • Jiks
I blame the guy who basically gave Seattle 7 points for throwing it directly to a player on the other team. We don't give them 7 on a silver platter, this game is much closer.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 27, 2014 at 11:56 PM ]
Wheres the chek down GAME MANEGER OPTION?????
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Harbaugh. His team, no excuse. Yes Kap played awful today. But he's played better this season and the offense has still sucked. It's easy to blame Roman, who I do think is incompetent, but it is still Harbs who has high authority. He approves plays, he gameplans, he approves and sets the schemes, and he approves of Kap and Roman. It's his team, his fault.

Agreed 100%. He's the ring leader. Although, even a right hand man / best man / best friend can screw you over. He's better off w/out Roman.

A competent OC would argue with Harbaugh if indeed Harbaugh tried to control all the plays. Let Harbaugh be JUST head coach and put in a bona fide OC to call ALL the plays.

TBH, I don't even believe Harbs himself is very good at play calling. He and/or Roman get stymied against good DCs and get out coached more than some can fathom.

• Jiks
Let me ask you this...

Did you watch the Dallas game? Who would you blame for that loss?
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:
the more I think about it, the more I think it starts and ends with Harbs

Peyton was like 'hmm should I go with Elway or should I go with Harbs'...not a tough choice

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not sure how it can be anything but Harbaugh. This is Harbaugh's offense, Roman may be calling the plays but he's calling what Harbaugh approves of otherwise he'd have been gone awhile ago. The struggles in the redone, the issues with the play clock, the situational errors, all this stuff didn't just start, it has been going on since pretty much the very beginning and hasnt improved much, if at all. This team has way too much offensive talent for these issues to be still be going on.

I don't know if the players ever buy into this offense anymore. I feel like its the main source of any tension between Harbaugh and Baalke. There is nothing modern about this passing offense and the situational playcalling leaves a lot to be desired. The buck however stops with Harbaugh, Roman is his OC, Kaepernick is his hand-picked quarterback.

EVERYTHING I've been saying was pretty obvious tonight. Yet Roman and Harbaugh STILL get the blame. I LOVE this team, not one single player. I'm not willing to blindly deny reality for one player. I just cant. I'm sorry. Our season is basically over now. 3 games on one player.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I blame the guy who basically gave Seattle 7 points for throwing it directly to a player on the other team. We don't give them 7 on a silver platter, this game is much closer.

The (almost horrific) punt that lead to us fumbling should've been punted over again (illegal man down field). Ironically, Collinsworth was all over that and showed the replay. Quite frankly, I didn't think he was as annoying (going against us) as usual... I (somewhat) heard him defend us a few times.
Originally posted by LVJay:

The (almost horrific) punt that lead to us fumbling should've been punted over again (illegal man down field). Ironically, Collinsworth was all over that and showed the replay. Quite frankly, I didn't think he was as annoying (going against us) as usual... I (somewhat) heard him defend us a few times.

It was pity commentary to keep the broadcast interesting.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by LVJay:

It was pity commentary to keep the broadcast interesting.

LOL... I knew (just as I was typing) that someone was going to comment this post and discredit his lame ass
Share 49ersWebzone